186,000 Miles per Second. It's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: google groups counseling available

SubjectAuthor
* google groups counseling availableD
+- google groups counseling availableStainless Steel Rat
+* Re: google groups counseling availabledarius
|+* Re: google groups counseling availableD
||`* Re: google groups counseling availabledarius
|| +* Re: google groups counseling availableD
|| |`* Re: google groups counseling availabledarius
|| | `- Re: google groups counseling availableD
|| `* Re: google groups counseling availableStainless Steel Rat
||  `- Re: google groups counseling availableD
|+- Re: google groups counseling availableAnonymous
|`* Re: google groups counseling availableStainless Steel Rat
| `- Re: google groups counseling availableYamn2 Remailer
`* Re: google groups counseling availableOttavio Caruso
 `* Re: google groups counseling availableStainless Steel Rat
  `* Re: google groups counseling availableOttavio Caruso
   `- Re: google groups counseling availableD

1
google groups counseling available

<2033d8b9380e818b44d33930db1a7cb0@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16531&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16531

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: google groups counseling available
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 19:53:17 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 18:53 UTC

google groups counselors are standing by to assist dejected users with
free reconnection services available to the public in the form of free
usenet news servers, free news reader apps, and even your favorite web
browser for websites using the popular rocksolid web-to-news interface

join the global user's network for free and be part of the celebration

google groups counseling available

<20240112013259.CEC821200AB@fleegle.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16532&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16532

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 01:32:59 +0000 (GMT)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Author-Supplied-Address: ssr<AT>nym<DOT>mixmin<DOT>net
From: Use-Auth...@[127.1] (Stainless Steel Rat)
 by: Stainless Steel Rat - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 01:32 UTC

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 19:53:17 +0100 (CET), D <J@M> said:

> google groups counselors are standing by to assist dejected users with
> free reconnection services available to the public in the form of free
> usenet news servers, free news reader apps, and even your favorite web
> browser for websites using the popular rocksolid web-to-news interface
>
> join the global user's network for free and be part of the celebration

Is grief counselling included? I think there's gonna be a HUGE demand for
that.

Stainless Steel Rat

Re: google groups counseling available

<2e5d1ca6b0c38c4ee98af0b1c29006dd@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16534&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16534

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000
Subject: Re: google groups counseling available
From: manta1...@gmail.com (darius)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: darius - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26 UTC

tell once again in clear words what do you offer, providing valid web links

Otherwise call CEO COB at Google for real help

Interface provided by Usenet Google Groups is not matched by any other usenet service

Just watch

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.privacy.anon-server

vs.

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=16&group=sci.electronics.misc#16

Re: google groups counseling available

<04a7dfa94df327d6a6b42518f02f63ae@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16535&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16535

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:00:31 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:00 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>tell once again in clear words what do you offer, providing valid web links
>Otherwise call CEO COB at Google for real help
>Interface provided by Usenet Google Groups is not matched by any other usenet service
>Just watch
>https://groups.google.com/g/alt.privacy.anon-server
>vs.
>https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=16&group=sci.electronics.misc#16

i never use google, but your own reply message header looks like this:
https://www.novabbs.com/computers/thread.php?group=alt.privacy.anon-server
https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16531&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16531
>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000
>Subject: Re: google groups counseling available
>From: manta1...@gmail.com (darius)
>Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server

cf. raw message header as downloaded from common news server (...)

>From: manta103g@gmail.com (darius)
>Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
>Subject: Re: google groups counseling available
>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000
[end quote]

rocksolid works great, but nothing works better than using a dedicated
news reader with scoring features connected to a real usenet nntp news
server such as popular ones listed here: https://sybershock.com/#usenet

google groups has announced the permanent closure of their once-popular
usenet interface, effective 22 february 2024, 42 days away and counting,
so it makes no sense to discuss google groups in any context other than
the fact that they have spammed usenet newsgroups vastly worse than all
other usenet news servers combined, an astonishing accomplishment which
they must be very proud of, dante's inferno doesn't begin to do justice

Re: google groups counseling available

<0eab2ab40273668b0d98bd9bef9a571f@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16536&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16536

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:31:17 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:31 UTC

On 1/11/2024 6:26 PM, darius wrote:

> tell once again in clear words what do you offer, providing valid web
links

> Otherwise call CEO COB at Google for real help
>
> Interface provided by Usenet Google Groups is not matched by any
other
> usenet service

Read it and weep.

Get over it.

Re: google groups counseling available

<unr2bd$3doc6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16537&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16537

From: ottavio2...@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:55:57 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:55 UTC

Am 11/01/2024 um 18:53 schrieb D:
> google groups counselors are standing by to assist dejected users with
> free reconnection services available to the public in the form of free
> usenet news servers, free news reader apps, and even your favorite web
> browser for websites using the popular rocksolid web-to-news interface
>
> join the global user's network for free and be part of the celebration

Is euthanasia also offered for ex-GG users?

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: google groups counseling available

<5dc6a5cbef53b04727f7268048b94041@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16548&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16548

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:30:27 +0000
From: manta1...@gmail.com (darius)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: darius - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:30 UTC

why do you spam
posting full headers of messages ?

There is no interest to let Germany to control Usenet in Europe

Usenet Google Groups can be saved and I am in talks with Google to extend the service for another 5-10 years.

Usenet Google Groups don't have a chance to spam usenet since posting is protected by Captcha
and posting limit is set to 5-10 messages per day
vs. usenet servers set that limit 10 times higher

I am not interested in old, low quality usenet readers, as old as 30 years

Usenet Google Groups are the future of Usenet world-wide

Google acquired DejaNews and have promissed all of us to keep service running for ever

https://www.novabbs.com

is ok, since web-based usenet interface is standard today in the modern internet

I can live with
https://www.novabbs.com

but many features offered by Usenet Google Groups are missing:

- my groups
- groups search
- message read times ...

Re: google groups counseling available

<ba3de47da0dde075df4c4695aa0bc4ca@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16552&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16552

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 23:14:53 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 22:14 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:30:27 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>Usenet Google Groups are the future of Usenet world-wide

a cheerful lying in state ceremony could be held after the 22 february
deadline ... here lyeth google2news ... diis manibus ... rest in peace

__________________ __________________
/ \ / \
| | | |
| Deja-News D.M. | | Google2News D.M. |
| Diis Manibus | | Diis Manibus |
| 12 February 2001 | | 22 February 2024 |
| R.I.P. | | R.I.P. |
| | | |
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Re: google groups counseling available

<bfe4429f2db3ecda9f37be6265529977@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16553&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16553

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 22:44:21 +0000
From: manta1...@gmail.com (darius)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: darius - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 22:44 UTC

go away spammer
go away

I can save Usenet Google Groups

Re: google groups counseling available

<84b88e1b37024e27badf35cf743ac0c4@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16562&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16562

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:10:50 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 01:10 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 22:44:21 +0000, manta103g@gmail.com (darius) wrote:
>I can save Usenet Google Groups

"Yes, he has been trying to comfort himself with these
suppositions; but he had found all in vain. All in vain;
because Death, in approaching him, had stalked with his
black shadow before him, and enveloped the victim. And
it was the mornful influence of the unperceived shadow
that caused him to feel -- although he neither saw nor
heard--to feel the presence of my head within the room"
from 'The Tell-Tale Heart'--Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)

Re: google groups counseling available

<20240113020044.071931200A3@fleegle.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16563&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16563

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:00:43 +0000 (GMT)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Author-Supplied-Address: ssr<AT>nym<DOT>mixmin<DOT>net
From: Use-Auth...@[127.1] (Stainless Steel Rat)
 by: Stainless Steel Rat - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:00 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:30:27 +0000, Darius <manta103g@gmail.com> spewed
forth thusly:

[snip]

> Usenet Google Groups can be saved

Right... /Sure/ they can!

> and I am in talks with Google to extend the service for another 5-10 years.

/Sure/ you are... and I'm the fucking King of England!

> Usenet Google Groups don't have a chance to spam usenet since posting is
> protected by Captcha

Google seems to think otherwise, and as the actual operators of the service,
I think they would know the truth of the situation better than you.

> and posting limit is set to 5-10 messages per day
> vs. usenet servers set that limit 10 times higher

Irrelevant.

> I am not interested in old, low quality usenet readers, as old as 30 years

Use a newer one, then -- there are still many to choose from. If you're not
satisfied with the choices available to you, write your own, then.
> Usenet Google Groups are the future of Usenet world-wide

Never was, never will be. The philosophy underpinning Usenet is, and always
has been, /decentralization/; the entire point of Google Groups was (and is)
centralization, i.e. control by a single entity (i.e. Google). That's why
Google can just pull the plug, and there is absolutely /nothing/ you can do
about it. (That's also why so many of us hated the very idea of Google Groups
in the first place.)

> Google acquired DejaNews and have promissed all of us to keep service
> running for ever

We all know how Google never breaks a promise, do we? Have you looked at the
site: https://killedbygoogle.com/ - you can see a list of 294 projects there
that were killed by Google. Google Groups will make 295. I expect the number
will break 300 by the end of this year.

> https://www.novabbs.com
>
> is ok, since web-based usenet interface is standard today in the modern
> internet

"Web-based" is not the panacea everyone thinks it is.
> I can live with
> https://www.novabbs.com
>
> but many features offered by Usenet Google Groups are missing:
>
> - my groups
> - groups search
> - message read times ...

Tell you what then, since you want these features added, why don't you offer
to fund the guy who runs Rocksolid to have these features added?

You aren't a multi-millionaire? Go home and take your medication then...
you're delusional.

Stainless Steel Rat

Re: google groups counseling available

<d1148b4b2b621e22a74510069f55021c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16579&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16579

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:54:21 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 14:54 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 02:00:43 +0000 (GMT), Stainless Steel Rat <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:30:27 +0000, Darius <manta103g@gmail.com> spewed
>forth thusly:
>[snip]
>> Usenet Google Groups can be saved
>Right... /Sure/ they can!
>> and I am in talks with Google to extend the service for another 5-10 years.
>/Sure/ you are... and I'm the fucking King of England!
>> Usenet Google Groups don't have a chance to spam usenet since posting is
>> protected by Captcha
>Google seems to think otherwise, and as the actual operators of the service,
>I think they would know the truth of the situation better than you.
>> and posting limit is set to 5-10 messages per day
>> vs. usenet servers set that limit 10 times higher
>Irrelevant.
>> I am not interested in old, low quality usenet readers, as old as 30 years
>Use a newer one, then -- there are still many to choose from. If you're not
>satisfied with the choices available to you, write your own, then.
>> Usenet Google Groups are the future of Usenet world-wide
>Never was, never will be. The philosophy underpinning Usenet is, and always
>has been, /decentralization/; the entire point of Google Groups was (and is)
>centralization, i.e. control by a single entity (i.e. Google). That's why
>Google can just pull the plug, and there is absolutely /nothing/ you can do
>about it. (That's also why so many of us hated the very idea of Google Groups
>in the first place.)
>> Google acquired DejaNews and have promissed all of us to keep service
>> running for ever
>We all know how Google never breaks a promise, do we? Have you looked at the
>site: https://killedbygoogle.com/ - you can see a list of 294 projects there
>that were killed by Google. Google Groups will make 295. I expect the number
>will break 300 by the end of this year.
>> https://www.novabbs.com
>> is ok, since web-based usenet interface is standard today in the modern
>> internet
>"Web-based" is not the panacea everyone thinks it is.
>> I can live with
>> https://www.novabbs.com
>> but many features offered by Usenet Google Groups are missing:
>> - my groups
>> - groups search
>> - message read times ...
>Tell you what then, since you want these features added, why don't you offer
>to fund the guy who runs Rocksolid to have these features added?
>You aren't a multi-millionaire? Go home and take your medication then...
>you're delusional.
>Stainless Steel Rat

seems like this "rocksolid" technology is about to become very popular
in the wake of google's demise, so probably any helpful suggestions on
how to improve it would be welcomed... it already works amazingly well

(using Tor Browser 13.0.8)
https://gitlab.com/rslight-public/rocksolid-light
[end quote]

Re: google groups counseling available

<20240113163119.6E92B1200A3@fleegle.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16582&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16582

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:31:19 +0000 (GMT)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Author-Supplied-Address: ssr<AT>nym<DOT>mixmin<DOT>net
From: Use-Auth...@[127.1] (Stainless Steel Rat)
 by: Stainless Steel Rat - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:31 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000, Darius <manta103g@gmail.com> spewed forth
thusly:

> tell once again in clear words what do you offer, providing valid web links
>
> Otherwise call CEO COB at Google for real help
>
> Interface provided by Usenet Google Groups is not matched by any other
> usenet service

If I were Retro Guy, I'd be bloody insulted by this.

By all appearances, it would seem that you expect RetroGuy to essentially
duplicate Google Groups' interface for you (for free, naturally.)

I think that RetroGuy is too polite to just tell you to piss off, so I'll do
it for him: PISS OFF! What you see, is what you get.

RetroGuy is offering these services free of charge (likely paid for out of
his own pocket) to people. Lusers like you shouldn't be coming in here and
making demands of him to change the system so it looks/works like you're
accustomed to, with Google Groups.

Darius, if you want a system that looks and works like Google Groups, fund
it and/or program it, yourself. Alternatively, pony-up some cash, and see if
RetroGuy is willing and/or able to make the changes you offer to pay for.

[snip]

Stainless Steel Rat

Re: google groups counseling available

<20240113165924.DDBA71200A3@fleegle.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16583&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16583

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:59:24 +0000 (GMT)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Author-Supplied-Address: ssr<AT>nym<DOT>mixmin<DOT>net
From: Use-Auth...@[127.1] (Stainless Steel Rat)
 by: Stainless Steel Rat - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:55:57 +0000, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
said:

> Am 11/01/2024 um 18:53 schrieb D:
>> google groups counselors are standing by to assist dejected users with
>> free reconnection services available to the public in the form of free
>> usenet news servers, free news reader apps, and even your favorite web
>> browser for websites using the popular rocksolid web-to-news interface
>>
>> join the global user's network for free and be part of the celebration
>
> Is euthanasia also offered for ex-GG users?

I think so, at least in Canada.

Starting in March, Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) will be available in
Canada for persons suffering from mental illness. Under these provisions, I
think that ex-GG users will indeed, qualify.

Stainless Steel Rat

Re: google groups counseling available

<20240113.213058.98b68c20@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16586&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16586

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 21:30:58 +0000
From: nore...@mixmin.net (Yamn2 Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn2 Remailer - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 21:30 UTC

On 1/13/2024 8:31 AM, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 02:26:50 +0000, Darius <manta103g@gmail.com>
spewed forth
> thusly:
>
>> tell once again in clear words what do you offer, providing valid
web links

>> Otherwise call CEO COB at Google for real help
>>
>> Interface provided by Usenet Google Groups is not matched by any
other
>> usenet service
>
> If I were Retro Guy, I'd be bloody insulted by this.
>
> By all appearances, it would seem that you expect RetroGuy to
essentially
> duplicate Google Groups' interface for you (for free, naturally.)
>
> I think that RetroGuy is too polite to just tell you to piss off, so
I'll do
> it for him: PISS OFF! What you see, is what you get.
>
> RetroGuy is offering these services free of charge (likely paid for
out of
> his own pocket) to people. Lusers like you shouldn't be coming in
here and
> making demands of him to change the system so it looks/works like
you're
> accustomed to, with Google Groups.
>
> Darius, if you want a system that looks and works like Google Groups,
fund
> it and/or program it, yourself. Alternatively, pony-up some cash, and
see if
> RetroGuy is willing and/or able to make the changes you offer to pay
for.

Darius is an idiot.

Re: google groups counseling available

<uo31kg$srv1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16605&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16605

From: ottavio2...@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:32:47 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:32 UTC

Am 13/01/2024 um 16:59 schrieb Stainless Steel Rat:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:55:57 +0000, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
> said:
>
>> Am 11/01/2024 um 18:53 schrieb D:
>>> google groups counselors are standing by to assist dejected users with
>>> free reconnection services available to the public in the form of free
>>> usenet news servers, free news reader apps, and even your favorite web
>>> browser for websites using the popular rocksolid web-to-news interface
>>>
>>> join the global user's network for free and be part of the celebration
>>
>> Is euthanasia also offered for ex-GG users?
>
> I think so, at least in Canada.
>
> Starting in March, Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) will be available in
> Canada for persons suffering from mental illness. Under these provisions, I
> think that ex-GG users will indeed, qualify.
>
> Stainless Steel Rat

Shame this is not available in America.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: google groups counseling available

<380c84fef18a79f394109207e8417f29@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16609&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16609

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:56:19 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:56 UTC

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=medical+assistance+in+dying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide
>Assisted suicide - alternately referred to as medical aid in dying - means
>a procedure in which people take medications to end their own lives with
>the help of others, usually medical professionals.[1] The term usually
>refers to physician-assisted suicide (PAS), which is an end of life measure
>for a person suffering a painful, terminal illness.[2] Once it is determined
>that the person's situation qualifies under the physician-assisted suicide
>laws for that location, the physician's assistance is usually limited to
>writing a prescription for a lethal dose of drugs.
[end quoted excerpt]

google cutting off their supply may cause withdrawal symptoms, like those
tv drug suicide commercials . . . only 38 more days to go so stick around