lp1 on fire (One of the more obfuscated kernel messages)

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

SubjectAuthor
* Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?kensi
+* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Jesse Rehmer
|+* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Dan Purgert
||+- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Skeeter
||`- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?cnovins
|`* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inIvo Gandolfo
| +* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Eli
| |+* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inIvo Gandolfo
| ||`- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inAdam H. Kerman
| |+- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inHormel Can
| |`* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Checkmate
| | `- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inNadegda
| `- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Checkmate
+- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in%
+* Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?Sn!pe
|`- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood inNadegda
`- Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?%

1
Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<t9rnv8$fh7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1663&group=alt.free.newsservers#1663

From: kkensing...@gmail.invalid (kensi)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 05:36:39 -0400
 by: kensi - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 09:36 UTC

Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?

Ko0k got all butthurt at having it pointed out to them that I live rent
free in their head and has apparently decided "if I can't enjoy this
froup any more, no one will!"

I'm no stranger to kO0k meltdowns, as I've been the precipitating factor
for many of them over the years, but this is the first time I can recall
the result being unleashing an automated bot to spew several posts a
minute for hours on end ... even AB's final, catacylsmic spammy meltdown
didn't go to quite *this* extreme!

in here." ~Checkmate

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<7929815547.c098f9d8@freebsd-inject1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1664&group=alt.free.newsservers#1664

From: jesse.re...@blueworldhosting.com (Jesse Rehmer)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jesse Rehmer - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14 UTC

On Jul 3, 2022 at 4:36:39 AM CDT, "kensi" in <t9rnv8$fh7$1@gioia.aioe.org>
wrote:

> Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?
>
> Ko0k got all butthurt at having it pointed out to them that I live rent
> free in their head and has apparently decided "if I can't enjoy this
> froup any more, no one will!"
>
> I'm no stranger to kO0k meltdowns, as I've been the precipitating factor
> for many of them over the years, but this is the first time I can recall
> the result being unleashing an automated bot to spew several posts a
> minute for hours on end ... even AB's final, catacylsmic spammy meltdown
> didn't go to quite *this* extreme!

Seems like it stopped? I don't follow the group, but did a quick check and
seems like it has subsided.

Probably the only entity that can be effective in stopping the drivel is
whomever answers the usenet@bofh.team e-mail. The only other way would be to
get every Usenet server administrator to poison their Path so the articles are
not propagated, but that'll never happen.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<4fudnRI8wcGsnV__nZ2dnUU7-emdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1665&group=alt.free.newsservers#1665

Subject: Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in
alt.checkmate?
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 13:46:40 -0700
 by: % - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:46 UTC

kkensington01-NOSPAM@gmail.invalid
>> kensi wrote:
>>
>>> Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?
>>>
>>> Ko0k got all butthurt at having it pointed out to them that I live rent
>>> free in their head and has apparently decided "if I can't enjoy this
>>> froup any more, no one will!"
>>>
>>> I'm no stranger to kO0k meltdowns, as I've been the precipitating
factor
>>> for many of them over the years, but this is the first time I can
recall
>>> the result being unleashing an automated bot to spew several posts a
>>> minute for hours on end ... even AB's final, catacylsmic spammy
meltdown
>>> didn't go to quite *this* extreme!
>> STFU, Derbyshite!
>
> LOL

And two more butthurt kooks come out of the woodwork ... to defend flagrant
net abuse.

Sn!pe, in particular, by doing so reveals himself as a massive, *massive*
hypocrite.

Again.

<snicker>

--
FNVWe Nadegda

when i kicked your ass i really kicked it

< the senior snicker >

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<1pujfeu.1i3ueet16m0rj9N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1666&group=alt.free.newsservers#1666

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 22:24:23 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 21:24 UTC

Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2022 21:20:46 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:
>
> > KWills <don't_rite_mee@anytime.net> wrote:

> >> STFU, Derbyshite!
> >
> > LOL
>
> And two more butthurt kooks come out of the woodwork ... to defend flagrant
> net abuse.
>
> Sn!pe, in particular, by doing so reveals himself as a massive, *massive*
> hypocrite.
>
> Again.
>
> <snicker>

LOL again.

Why is it that Nadegda and kensi are so sensitive about being
linked to Paul Derbyshire? Could there be any truth in that link?
ITWSBT

--
^Ï^ Slava Ukraini

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<t9t44u$359d8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1667&group=alt.free.newsservers#1667

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 22:10:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 22:10 UTC

On Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:24:23 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:

> Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!

>> > LOL
>>
>> And two more butthurt kooks come out of the woodwork ... to defend flagrant
>> net abuse.
>>
>> Sn!pe, in particular, by doing so reveals himself as a massive, *massive*
>> hypocrite.
>>
>> Again.
>>
>> <snicker>
>
> LOL again.
>
> Why is it that Nadegda and kensi are so sensitive about being
> linked to Paul Derbyshire? Could there be any truth in that link?
> ITWSBT

Why is it that Sn!pe is desperate to change the subject right after his
support for net abuse is pointed out?

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<LKGdnSWpN88H2l__nZ2dnUU7-IOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1668&group=alt.free.newsservers#1668

Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 18:51:21 -0700
 by: % - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 01:51 UTC

On 2022-07-03 6:15 p.m., Sn!pe wrote:
> Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!

>> I expected the replies to be kookfoam that would just be clutter in afn, and
>> I was not disappointed.
>>
>>> Hang 'im.
>>
>> Achievement Unlocked!
>> .------,
>> |~~~~~~~~|
>> |/*\ | | Get a new kook to read and post in AUK and/or AC
>> | < J |
>> `------'
>>
>> Welcome to my stable, Kerman.
>>
>> <snicker>
>>
>> --
>> Seamus MacRae
>
> heh.
>
> [xpost and fu2: afn]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5zqidlxMQ

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt2rpd$27oi6$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2007&group=alt.free.newsservers#2007

From: "Dan Pur...@purgert.net (Dan Purgert)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:33:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Purgert - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:33 UTC

Jesse Rehmer wrote on Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14:58 -0000 (UTC):

> Seems like it stopped? I don't follow the group, but did a quick check and
> seems like it has subsided.
>
> Probably the only entity that can be effective in stopping the drivel is
> whomever answers the usenet@bofh.team e-mail. The only other way would be to
> get every Usenet server administrator to poison their Path so the articles are
> not propagated, but that'll never happen.

I think alt.checkmate was banned by the bofh.team which likely stopped it.

You have to wonder at what kind of person enjoys taking a newsgroup down.
Everyone loses because of these people.

Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to me,
but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no longer.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<MPG.3e5ea33c79a266d698b241@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2008&group=alt.free.newsservers#2008

From: nom...@invalid.invalid (Skeeter)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:46:06 -0700
 by: Skeeter - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:46 UTC

In article <tt2rpd$27oi6$1@paganini.bofh.team>, dan"@purgert.net>
says...
> Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to me,
> but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no longer.

Stay scared little fella.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt33rn$28j9p$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2009&group=alt.free.newsservers#2009

From: cnov...@office.org (cnovins)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:51:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: cnovins - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:51 UTC

On 21 Feb 2023, Dan Purgert <"Dan Purgert <dan"@purgert.net>> posted
some news:tt2rpd$27oi6$1@paganini.bofh.team:

> Jesse Rehmer wrote on Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14:58 -0000 (UTC):
>
>> Seems like it stopped? I don't follow the group, but did a quick
>> check and seems like it has subsided.
>>
>> Probably the only entity that can be effective in stopping the drivel
>> is whomever answers the usenet@bofh.team e-mail. The only other way
>> would be to get every Usenet server administrator to poison their
>> Path so the articles are not propagated, but that'll never happen.
>
> I think alt.checkmate was banned by the bofh.team which likely stopped
> it.
>
> You have to wonder at what kind of person enjoys taking a newsgroup
> down. Everyone loses because of these people.
>
> Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to
> me, but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no
> longer.

If there was ever a retard who needed their balls cut off with white hot
tin snips it's this one.

Newsgroups: alt.checkmate
From: % <pursent100@gmail.com>
Subject: THIS IS TO MY SECRET BONE HEAD
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 18:50:35 -0700

..

hi

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt3dfa$29hrc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2014&group=alt.free.newsservers#2014

From: use...@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:35:37 +0100
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:35 UTC

On 03/07/2022 22:14, Jesse Rehmer wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2022 at 4:36:39 AM CDT, "kensi" in <t9rnv8$fh7$1@gioia.aioe.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?

Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.

Sorry for that.

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt3elh$hov$1@toxic.dizum.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2016&group=alt.free.newsservers#2016

From: eli...@stalkme.now (Eli)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:56:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Eli - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:56 UTC

On 21 Feb 2023, Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> posted some

> On 03/07/2022 22:14, Jesse Rehmer wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 2022 at 4:36:39 AM CDT, "kensi" in
>> <t9rnv8$fh7$1@gioia.aioe.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?
>
> Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
> group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.
>

> Sorry for that.

Scratches head, exactly how is that going to stop the viral diseases
from gigglenews, goofygroups, blockhead news and newsdemons to name a
few of the more virulent abusers in alt.checkmate? Shouldn't there be a
means to counter that instead of tossing in the towel and surrendering
the group to them? Because that's what just occurred.

Help me out with the reasoning here.

BTW, thanks for providing your usenet server and putting up with the BS
that comes with it.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt3gha$29tdc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2018&group=alt.free.newsservers#2018

From: use...@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:27:52 +0100
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:27 UTC

On 21/02/2023 22:56, Eli wrote:
> Help me out with the reasoning here.
>
> BTW, thanks for providing your usenet server and putting up with the BS
> that comes with it.

I'm only one of newsserver admin's. I can't help to keep the group clean
from abuser's, alone.
If you have any other idea please tell me. If working, I'm happy to help.
Remember: alt.* hyer. it's anarchy. No one can manage them. Use theam at
your risk. Read carefully the manifesto.

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt3jcs$2khv$3@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2021&group=alt.free.newsservers#2021

From: nob...@example.invalid (Hormel Can)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:19:21 -0600
 by: Hormel Can - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:19 UTC

On 2/21/23 15:56, Eli wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2023, Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> posted some
>
>> On 03/07/2022 22:14, Jesse Rehmer wrote:

>> Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
>> group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.
>>

>> Sorry for that.
>
> Scratches head, exactly how is that going to stop the viral diseases
> from gigglenews, goofygroups, blockhead news and newsdemons to name a
> few of the more virulent abusers in alt.checkmate? Shouldn't there be a
> means to counter that instead of tossing in the towel and surrendering
> the group to them? Because that's what just occurred.

Imagination can help.

Block all messages with those servers anywhere in their Path or From
headers.

Run a separate Usenet that rejects all commercial servers connected to
any corporate entity.

Then only the free text servers who deal with spammers will sync to each
other.

Problem solved.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<MPG.3e5f502cb8a45da998bf5e@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2029&group=alt.free.newsservers#2029

From: par...@usenet.corn (Checkmate)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:04:01 -0800
 by: Checkmate - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 06:04 UTC

Checkmate.

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:35:37 +0100, Ivo Gandolfo had the audacity to say the
following:

> On 03/07/2022 22:14, Jesse Rehmer wrote:
> > On Jul 3, 2022 at 4:36:39 AM CDT, "kensi" in <t9rnv8$fh7$1@gioia.aioe.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Surely it violates the bofh server's TOU?
>
> Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
> group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.
>

> Sorry for that.
>
> Sincerely

No apologies necessary... it saves me the trouble of having to use my crap
filter.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2023

"its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants"

-David Keeting, in perhaps the most ironic statement
ever made on Usenet.

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

https://youtu.be/NxSj2T2vx7M

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"
https://youtu.be/obInNk448nI
kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<MPG.3e5f5486fb88e01b98bf5f@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2030&group=alt.free.newsservers#2030

From: par...@usenet.corn (Checkmate)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:22:32 -0800
 by: Checkmate - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 06:22 UTC

Checkmate.

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:56:03 -0000 (UTC), Eli had the audacity to say the
following:

> On 21 Feb 2023, Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> posted some
>
> > On 03/07/2022 22:14, Jesse Rehmer wrote:

> > Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
> > group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.
> >

> > Sorry for that.
>
> Scratches head, exactly how is that going to stop the viral diseases
> from gigglenews, goofygroups, blockhead news and newsdemons to name a
> few of the more virulent abusers in alt.checkmate? Shouldn't there be a
> means to counter that instead of tossing in the towel and surrendering
> the group to them? Because that's what just occurred.
>
> Help me out with the reasoning here.
>
> BTW, thanks for providing your usenet server and putting up with the BS
> that comes with it.

Well, the Derbyshire puppet show is gone, along with the Jew Shpammers.
We're down to two trolls... both total nut cases, but one is so stupid he's
occasionally amusing, and the other is just a basket case who's going to
force the rest of us to like him by being a stalking shithead. I can live
with that.

--
[...]

<tt54i9$1h49d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2036&group=alt.free.newsservers#2036

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:15:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:15 UTC

Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> wrote:
>On 21/02/2023 22:56, Eli wrote:

>>Help me out with the reasoning here.

>>BTW, thanks for providing your usenet server and putting up with the BS
>>that comes with it.

>I'm only one of newsserver admin's. I can't help to keep the group clean
>from abuser's, alone.
>If you have any other idea please tell me. If working, I'm happy to help.
>Remember: alt.* hyer. it's anarchy. No one can manage them. Use theam at
>your risk. Read carefully the manifesto.

What the hell does that have to do with what is being discussed? alt.*
has no hierarchy administrator. That means that the proponent sends the
newgroup message. In an administered hierarchy, the hierarchy
administrator sends the newgroup message on behalf of the proponent and
maintains checkgroups.

No hierarchy administrator manages spamming or floods in individual
newsgroups. It's up to the News administrator to implement spam
countermeasures. Those are implemented server-wide.

Just because a newsgroup is in alt.* and not in an administered
hierarchy doesn't mean don't take countermeasures against spam.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt6mqi$1p4k8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2050&group=alt.free.newsservers#2050

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
alt.checkmate?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 03:33:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 03:33 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:22:32 -0800, Checkmate <pariah@usenet.corn> wrote:

> Warning! Always make ANSI approved safety giggles when reading drivel by
> Checkmate.
>
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:56:03 -0000 (UTC), Eli had the audacity to say the
> following:
>
>> On 21 Feb 2023, Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> posted some

>> > Due too many abuser's user on my server on this group I have setup the
>> > group alt.checkmate in read-only mode.
>> >

>> > Sorry for that.
>>
>> Scratches head, exactly how is that going to stop the viral diseases
>> from gigglenews, goofygroups, blockhead news and newsdemons to name a
>> few of the more virulent abusers in alt.checkmate? Shouldn't there be a
>> means to counter that instead of tossing in the towel and surrendering
>> the group to them? Because that's what just occurred.
>>
>> Help me out with the reasoning here.
>>
>> BTW, thanks for providing your usenet server and putting up with the BS
>> that comes with it.
>
> Well, the Derbyshire puppet show is gone,

Try telling that to some of the more paranoid kooks hereabouts. Sn!pe, for
one.

> along with the Jew Shpammers.

Sadly, I can attest to their continued presence on Usenet, even if they
perhaps have stopped crossposting to your kooky vanity froup.

> We're down to two trolls... both total nut cases, but one is so stupid he's
> occasionally amusing, and the other is just a basket case who's going to
> force the rest of us to like him by being a stalking shithead. I can live
> with that.

Just to clear up a little ambiguity in your missive: Which one of those
two is the one you see in every reflective surface?

<snicker>