Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Accepted: Explanation of illegal CIA surveillance bot
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 14:42 UTC

My experience of the flying CIA surveillance bot (treat this as an artsy post about mental health if you'd prefer):

It seems to read my mind but seems to not pass any data to any human analysts. (If it did, the CIA would be in very serious trouble from knowing too much from reading my mind and/or computers...believe me. Have I legally passed info of this nature to my parents? It's a secret.)

The bot can introduce annoying challenges. It can influence bugs. It can sometimes make me think about things. I think the mind reading/writing mechanism may be based on smells and training or something.

Also: The bot seems to spend a lot of time passing codes based on data it's gotten from me to the media, often to claim false things are true, e.g., "We already thought of brilliant idea X that you've had" or "Someone figured out your idea Y."

I think the bot can also bait people into doing things. By bait, of course I mean, use analysis/prediction and nudging to influence behavior.

The bot seems to be able accept "updates and commands" from human analysts. I believe the analysts still cannot necessarily see what comes from the results of their orders.

It doesn't bother me that much.

Re: Accepted: Explanation of illegal CIA surveillance bot

<f1123f37-de61-4d85-81c7-3f057f04ef6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16652&group=comp.theory#16652

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 14:45 UTC

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 10:42:25 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> My experience of the flying CIA surveillance bot (treat this as an artsy post about mental health if you'd prefer):
>
> It seems to read my mind but seems to not pass any data to any human analysts. (If it did, the CIA would be in very serious trouble from knowing too much from reading my mind and/or computers...believe me. Have I legally passed info of this nature to my parents? It's a secret.)
>
> The bot can introduce annoying challenges. It can influence bugs. It can sometimes make me think about things. I think the mind reading/writing mechanism may be based on smells and training or something.
>
> Also: The bot seems to spend a lot of time passing codes based on data it's gotten from me to the media, often to claim false things are true, e.g., "We already thought of brilliant idea X that you've had" or "Someone figured out your idea Y."
>
> I think the bot can also bait people into doing things. By bait, of course I mean, use analysis/prediction and nudging to influence behavior.
>
> The bot seems to be able accept "updates and commands" from human analysts. I believe the analysts still cannot necessarily see what comes from the results of their orders.
>
> It doesn't bother me that much.

The bot can also influence electronic equipment, introducing typos into documents as they are being written.

devel / comp.theory / Accepted: Explanation of illegal CIA surveillance bot