From: ken...@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Bottom Bar Missing
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 15:08:16 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:08 UTC

My grandson has a Moto G5. The bottom bar--the with the left arrow, the
circle and the square--just disappeared and he can't figure out how to
get it back. Can someone help?

--
Ken

Re: Bottom Bar Missing

<iinh1cFfnasU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16662&group=comp.mobile.android#16662

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Bottom Bar Missing
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:01:00 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 23:01 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:

> My grandson has a Moto G5. The bottom bar--the with the left arrow, the
> circle and the square--just disappeared and he can't figure out how to
> get it back. Can someone help?

Has he turned on "gesture navigation" or whatever Motorola call it, I
haven't used the square/circle/triangle navigation bar for years ...

Re: Bottom Bar Missing

<1g729i8vywxnw.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16663&group=comp.mobile.android#16663

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:07:07 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 23:07 UTC

Ken Blake <ken@invalidemail.com> wrote:

> My grandson has a Moto G5. The bottom bar--the with the left arrow, the
> circle and the square--just disappeared and he can't figure out how to
> get it back. Can someone help?

Drag up from the bottom. That's a new "feature" to make the navbar
disappear to provide for screen space for apps. However, there are
malicious (or just rude) apps that try to pretend their icons are the
navbar. If you don't have the real Android navbar displayed, those apps
can fool you into thinking their navbar is Android's navbar. So, I
always display it.

When I hide the Android navbar, a 4th icon shows up (when the navbar is
displayed) at the left end that looks like a fat dot. That toggles on
or off the auto-hide feature.

On some phones, you go to Settings -> Display -> Navigation bar to find
full gestures or show/hide buttons. On my phone, navigation is
different (it's how phone makers brand their phones by screwing up the
nav paths, and which settings are available). It's at Settings ->
General -> Home touch buttons -> Hide Home touch buttons with an option
called "Show lock/hide icon" (which I disable because I *always* want
the real navbar to show). The "lock/hide icon" is the fat dot I spoke
of that toggles on/off the auto-hide feature. When the fat button (or
tiny square) is solid, the navbar is locked on (always displayed). When
it is hollow, auto-hide is enabled.

Re: Bottom Bar Missing

<a8ejph-sr3.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16678&group=comp.mobile.android#16678

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 09:48:58 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 07:48 UTC

On 14/06/2021 00.08, Ken Blake wrote:
> My grandson has a Moto G5. The bottom bar--the with the left arrow, the
> circle and the square--just disappeared and he can't figure out how to
> get it back. Can someone help?

The Moto G6 uses "gestures", the fingerprint sensor in the front doubles
as button functionality. Swipe left goes back, swipe right displays the
"active" apps (square?). "push" is power up/dn and also home and also
fingerprint sensor.

This feature is not active by default, it is an option to have more
screenspace. I just don't remember what config option was it... I have
"search", but I have it in Spanish. Translating, it could be "setup -
system - gestures - navigation with one button.

Possibly the G5 had something of that.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Bottom Bar Missing

<iirvn6FbmvlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16789&group=comp.mobile.android#16789

From: ken...@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:36:06 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 15:36 UTC

On 6/13/2021 3:08 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> My grandson has a Moto G5. The bottom bar--the with the left arrow, the
> circle and the square--just disappeared and he can't figure out how to
> get it back. Can someone help?

Thanks to all those who answered. With the help of his mother, my
daughter-in-law, my grandson figured out what was wrong and fixed it
himself. I don't know what the solution was.

--
Ken

Re: Bottom Bar Missing

<e5ec57531e73a8d930ceec003692@news.aioe.org>