I am not an Economist. I am an honest man! -- Paul McCracken

devel / comp.sys.acorn.misc / Re: PDF files

SubjectAuthor
* PDF filesRichard Porter
+* Re: PDF filesHarriet Bazley
|`- Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
+* Re: PDF filesChris Hughes
|+* Re: PDF filesJean-Michel
||+* Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
|||`* Re: PDF filesJean-Michel
||| `* Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
|||  `* Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
|||   `- Re: PDF filesJean-Michel
||`* Re: PDF filesChris Newman
|| +* Re: PDF filesJean-Michel
|| |`- Re: PDF filesChris Newman
|| `* Re: PDF filesPaul Sprangers
||  `* Re: PDF filesDoug Webb
||   `* Re: PDF filesChris Evans (CJE/4D)
||    `- Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
|`- Re: PDF filesRichard Porter
`* Re: PDF filesKevin Wells
 `- Re: PDF filesRichard Porter

1
PDF files

<004ee8c459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1649&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1649

Subject: PDF files
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 11:54:40 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 11:54 UTC

I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
handle these formats.

!GView produces a string of diagnostics.

I have copied the pdf file to macOS and can view it there. I can export it
to TIFF, JPEG or PNG but I can only display the first slide on RISC OS.
The file size suggests it might contain all the slides. There doesn't seem
to be an option to save a directory of images.

So is there a way round this problem?

Re: PDF files

<c629f2c459.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1653

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Re: PDF files
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 13:42:20 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:42 UTC

On 6 Mar 2022 as I do recall,
Richard Porter wrote:

> I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
> all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
> can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
> handle these formats.

Whne you saw 'unintentionally redacted', are they being rendered with
black boxes over them? (I've seen this where people have annotated
scanned images.)

If so, can you save the pages out as Draw, select and remove the
overlaid objects?

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Re: PDF files

<db6ef3c459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1654

From: new...@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 13:56:13 GMT
 by: Chris Hughes - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:56 UTC

In message <004ee8c459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
> all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
> can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
> handle these formats.

> !GView produces a string of diagnostics.

> I have copied the pdf file to macOS and can view it there. I can export it
> to TIFF, JPEG or PNG but I can only display the first slide on RISC OS.
> The file size suggests it might contain all the slides. There doesn't seem
> to be an option to save a directory of images.

> So is there a way round this problem?

Try the PDFTest version available via
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

direct is https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftests.zip

I am actually using a newer version then this one.

Try using the bitmap display option in the menu over the PDF itself.

--
Chris Hughes
Don't miss this years Wakefield Show 21st May 2022
check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Re: PDF files

<ab0bf7c459.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1655

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 15:35:40 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 14:35 UTC

In message <db6ef3c459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <004ee8c459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
> Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>> I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
>> all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
>> can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
>> handle these formats.

>> !GView produces a string of diagnostics.

>> I have copied the pdf file to macOS and can view it there. I can export it
>> to TIFF, JPEG or PNG but I can only display the first slide on RISC OS.
>> The file size suggests it might contain all the slides. There doesn't seem
>> to be an option to save a directory of images.

>> So is there a way round this problem?

> Try the PDFTest version available via
> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

> direct is https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftests.zip

> I am actually using a newer version then this one.

> Try using the bitmap display option in the menu over the PDF itself.

Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

--
Jean-Michel

Re: PDF files

<3be2fac459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1656

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 15:17:35 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 15:17 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>
decided to write:

> On 6 Mar 2022 as I do recall,
> Richard Porter wrote:

>> I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
>> all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
>> can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
>> handle these formats.
>>
> Whne you saw 'unintentionally redacted', are they being rendered with
> black boxes over them? (I've seen this where people have annotated
> scanned images.)

Exactly.

> If so, can you save the pages out as Draw, select and remove the
> overlaid objects?

No. I have done that in the past but it doesn't work in this case. I have
tried selecting text areas and ungrouping them just in case, but to no
avail. I can move the overlaid objects but behind them were white boxes on
a white background where the text should be. There was no editable text in
the boxes.

Saving the page as text from !PDF doesn't reveal any text.

The PDF is version 1.7.
--
Richard Porter

Re: PDF files

<2d42f4c459.Kevin@Kevsoft>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1657&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1657

From: kev...@kevsoft.co.uk (Kevin Wells)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 14:05:14 GMT
 by: Kevin Wells - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 14:05 UTC

In message <004ee8c459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
>all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
>can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
>handle these formats.
>
>!GView produces a string of diagnostics.
>
>I have copied the pdf file to macOS and can view it there. I can export it
>to TIFF, JPEG or PNG but I can only display the first slide on RISC OS.
>The file size suggests it might contain all the slides. There doesn't seem
>to be an option to save a directory of images.
>
>So is there a way round this problem?

PDFUtils may be able to export the whole pdf file in various formats and
with my front end for it KPDFutil saves having to worry about the
commands to use:

<http://www.riscos.info/packages/DocumentDetails.html#PDFUtilsarm>

<http://kevsoft.co.uk/#KPDFutil>

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft

Re: PDF files

<e7b7fcc459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1658&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1658

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 15:37:38 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 15:37 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> decided
to write:

> Try the PDFTest version available via
> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

> direct is https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftests.zip

PDFtest doesn't make any difference. However I also tried !ghostView and
it revealed the text albeit in a rather scrawny font.

> I am actually using a newer version then this one.

> Try using the bitmap display option in the menu over the PDF itself.

Success! Thanks Chris. It hadn't occurred to me to try the display
options.

Richard

Re: PDF files

<d409fec459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1659&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1659

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 15:52:03 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 15:52 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> decided to
write:

> In message <db6ef3c459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
> Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

>> In message <004ee8c459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
>> Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>>> I have a PDF file of a presentation which I can't read on RISC OS because
>>> all the text areas are unintentionally redacted. I.e. !PDF (6 Mar 2017)
>>> can't display recent formats. Is there a version that does? Does PDFSuite
>>> handle these formats.

>>> !GView produces a string of diagnostics.

>>> I have copied the pdf file to macOS and can view it there. I can export it
>>> to TIFF, JPEG or PNG but I can only display the first slide on RISC OS.
>>> The file size suggests it might contain all the slides. There doesn't seem
>>> to be an option to save a directory of images.

>>> So is there a way round this problem?

>> Try the PDFTest version available via
>> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

>> direct is https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftests.zip

>> I am actually using a newer version then this one.

>> Try using the bitmap display option in the menu over the PDF itself.

> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6
> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

It comes up with "37920K free memory required before the application will
start". I have 1.6GB of free memory. Does it need a bigger WimpSlot?

Re: PDF files

<5b2affc459.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1660&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1660

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 17:04:22 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:04 UTC

In message <d409fec459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> The date being 6 Mar 2022, Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> decided to
> write:

>> In message <db6ef3c459.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
>> Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Try the PDFTest version available via
>>> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/downloads.html

>>> direct is https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftests.zip

>>> I am actually using a newer version then this one.

>>> Try using the bitmap display option in the menu over the PDF itself.

>> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6
>> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

> It comes up with "37920K free memory required before the application will
> start". I have 1.6GB of free memory. Does it need a bigger WimpSlot?
Iuse this Wimpslot,
Are your running Aemulator ?

--
Jean-Michel

Re: PDF files

<c86effc459.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1661&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1661

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 16:07:17 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:07 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> decided to
write:

> PDFUtils may be able to export the whole pdf file in various formats and
> with my front end for it KPDFutil saves having to worry about the
> commands to use:

> <http://www.riscos.info/packages/DocumentDetails.html#PDFUtilsarm>

> <http://kevsoft.co.uk/#KPDFutil>

Thanks. I have got PDFUtils and your front end. They will produce a
directory of PNGs which are readable. Excellent! That's two solutions this
afternoon.

Richard

Re: PDF files

<844002c559.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1662&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1662

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 16:38:04 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:38 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> decided to
write:

>>> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6
>>> https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

>> It comes up with "37920K free memory required before the application will
>> start". I have 1.6GB of free memory. Does it need a bigger WimpSlot?
> Iuse this Wimpslot,
> Are your running Aemulator ?

I was running Aemulor. Quitting it makes no difference. I'll try a reboot.

Re: PDF files

<2ebe07c559.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1663&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1663

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 17:38:03 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:38 UTC

The date being 6 Mar 2022, Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> decided
to write:

> The date being 6 Mar 2022, Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> decided to
> write:

>>> It comes up with "37920K free memory required before the application will
>>> start". I have 1.6GB of free memory. Does it need a bigger WimpSlot?
>> Iuse this Wimpslot,
>> Are your running Aemulator ?

> I was running Aemulor. Quitting it makes no difference. I'll try a reboot.

It runs nicely after a reboot. There's one rather annoying feature though
- you move the window to where you want it and whenever you do something
e.g. going to the next page, it jumps back to centre top. Grrrr!

Re: PDF files

<cda50fc559.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1664&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1664

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 20:04:23 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 19:04 UTC

In message <2ebe07c559.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> The date being 6 Mar 2022, Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> decided
> to write:

>> The date being 6 Mar 2022, Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> decided to
>> write:

>>> Iuse this Wimpslot,
>>> Are your running Aemulator ?

>> I was running Aemulor. Quitting it makes no difference. I'll try a reboot.

Not necessary, from Aemulator iconbar menu you can select
quit> Emulator too.

> It runs nicely after a reboot. There's one rather annoying feature though
> - you move the window to where you want it and whenever you do something
> e.g. going to the next page, it jumps back to centre top. Grrrr!
Yes, :-( , but it works fine.

--
Jean-Michel

Re: PDF files

<59c582ad85cvjazz@waitrose.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1665&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1665

From: cvj...@waitrose.com (Chris Newman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 16:00:49 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Chris Newman - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:00 UTC

<big snip>

> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6 https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

Thanks for reminding me about Mu View.

From Sibelius, I export files as PDFs (Thanks to Steve Fryatt's
!PrintPDF) so I can send them to the chaps in the band.

I'd been using !PDF to check them on RiscOS but you have to use the
sprite option to render it correctly.

Mu View does that straight away and very quickly so only one operation
needed.

--
Chris Newman

Re: PDF files

<1e2288c559.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1666&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1666

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 18:00:25 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 17:00 UTC

In message <59c582ad85cvjazz@waitrose.com>
Chris Newman <cvjazz@waitrose.com> wrote:

> <big snip>

>> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6 https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

> Thanks for reminding me about Mu View.

> From Sibelius, I export files as PDFs (Thanks to Steve Fryatt's
> !PrintPDF) so I can send them to the chaps in the band.
I have Sibelius and my RiscPc which always works very well with a MIDI
card and a Roland expander.
But since it doesn't work on my ARMX6, I use !Rhapsody4 + MIDI + expander.
Rhapsody is not Sibelius, but it integrates very well with the desktop and
what it produces is quite acceptable.

> I'd been using !PDF to check them on RiscOS but you have to use the
> sprite option to render it correctly.
Yes, do you print Draw files to PDF?
I just saw that if you select menu: no type3 fonts the score is displayed,
but the result is less good than with Bitmap Mode.

> Mu View does that straight away and very quickly so only one operation
> needed.
Nice

--
Jean-Michel

Re: PDF files

<59c58eac67cvjazz@waitrose.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1667&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1667

From: cvj...@waitrose.com (Chris Newman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 18:11:52 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Chris Newman - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 18:11 UTC

In article <1e2288c559.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>, Jean-Michel
<jmc.bruck@orange.fr> wrote:
> In message <59c582ad85cvjazz@waitrose.com> Chris Newman
> <cvjazz@waitrose.com> wrote:

> > <big snip>

> >> Try Mu View, works nice on ARMX6 https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/

> > Thanks for reminding me about Mu View.

> > From Sibelius, I export files as PDFs (Thanks to Steve Fryatt's
> > !PrintPDF) so I can send them to the chaps in the band.

> I have Sibelius and my RiscPc which always works very well with a MIDI
> card and a Roland expander. But since it doesn't work on my ARMX6, I
> use !Rhapsody4 + MIDI + expander. Rhapsody is not Sibelius, but it
> integrates very well with the desktop and what it produces is quite
> acceptable.

> > I'd been using !PDF to check them on RiscOS but you have to use the
> > sprite option to render it correctly.

> Yes, do you print Draw files to PDF?

Not often.

--
Chris Newman

Re: PDF files

<59c5fbd398Paul@sprie.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1668&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1668

From: Pau...@sprie.nl (Paul Sprangers)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 15:04:06 +0100 (Custom)
 by: Paul Sprangers - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 14:04 UTC

In article <47d5f1c559.John@rickman.argonet..co.uk>,
John Rickman <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> However the later version 0.05 alpha (27.02.2022) from PackMan loops
> endlessly on my ARMX6 RISC OS version 5.29 (02 Nov 2020)

No endless loop on my 4té. But no noticeable difference with 0.04 alpha
either, other than that the window is moved a bit towards the middle. And
it still reverts to its original position after a sesize, or a new page,
which is still really annoying.

Kind regards,
Paul

--
http://www.riscos.sprie.nl

Re: PDF files

<24d3fdc559.dougjwebb@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1669&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1669

From: doug.j.w...@btinternet.com (Doug Webb)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 14:25:55 GMT
 by: Doug Webb - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 14:25 UTC

In message <59c5fbd398Paul@sprie.nl>
Paul Sprangers <Paul@sprie.nl> wrote:

> In article <47d5f1c559.John@rickman.argonet..co.uk>,
> John Rickman <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>> However the later version 0.05 alpha (27.02.2022) from PackMan loops
>> endlessly on my ARMX6 RISC OS version 5.29 (02 Nov 2020)

> No endless loop on my 4té. But no noticeable difference with 0.04 alpha
> either, other than that the window is moved a bit towards the middle. And
> it still reverts to its original position after a sesize, or a new page,
> which is still really annoying.

No endless loop with 0.05 alpha from Packman on my ARMX6 5.29 (01-Feb-22).

It does however like previous version have issues in that it will not load
encrypted PDF's.

Only !PDF will load password protected PDF's AFAIK.

--
Experience the future using ARM Technology - ARMBook,BeagleBoard -xM,
PandaBoard,Raspberry Pi,iMX6/ARMX6,IGEPv5 & Titanium powered by RISC OS

Re: PDF files

<ant1109011cbpErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1670&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1670

From: chr...@cjemicros.co.uk (Chris Evans (CJE/4D))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:52:01 +0000
 by: Chris Evans (CJE/4D) - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:52 UTC

In article <24d3fdc559.dougjwebb@btinternet.com>, Doug Webb
<URL:mailto:doug.j.webb@btinternet.com> wrote:
> In message <59c5fbd398Paul@sprie.nl>
> Paul Sprangers <Paul@sprie.nl> wrote:
>
> > In article <47d5f1c559.John@rickman.argonet..co.uk>,
> > John Rickman <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >> However the later version 0.05 alpha (27.02.2022) from PackMan loops
> >> endlessly on my ARMX6 RISC OS version 5.29 (02 Nov 2020)

Too much snipping!

"version 0.05" of what?
Quite a few programs have been discussed!
> > No endless loop on my 4té. But no noticeable difference with 0.04 alpha
> > either, other than that the window is moved a bit towards the middle. And
> > it still reverts to its original position after a sesize, or a new page,
> > which is still really annoying.
>
> No endless loop with 0.05 alpha from Packman on my ARMX6 5.29 (01-Feb-22).
>
> It does however like previous version have issues in that it will not load
> encrypted PDF's.
>
> Only !PDF will load password protected PDF's AFAIK.

n.b. John's post never made it to my newsfeed!
Server: nntp.aioe.org/xhdr

Chris Evans

--

****** IGEPv5: The fastest RISC OS computer so far! *******
------------ http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/igepv5" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/igepv5 ------------

Don't let the urgent things in life, crowd out the important things!

Re: PDF files

<e20618c859.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1671&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#1671

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:24:31 GMT
 by: Richard Porter - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:24 UTC

The date being 11 Mar 2022, "Chris Evans (CJE/4D)" <chris@cjemicros.co.uk>
decided to write:

> Too much snipping!

> "version 0.05" of what?