From: rstowle...@x-nospam-x.com (Rin Stowleigh)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Any Halo (game or soundtrack) fans?
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 20:16:40 -0400
 by: Rin Stowleigh - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:16 UTC

Some of you may have heard me discuss how I now spend much more time
with my music production hobby than I do gaming. Part of that hobby
involves watching lots of YT videos (product demos/reviews, tutorials,
or sometimes just infotainment vids from industry personalities).

So Alex Ball gets a lot of respect from the YT music community, he is
somewhat of a synthesizer historian (for lack of a better way to
describe him) and a talented guy who is known for investing the top to
research specific topics deeply, and often he spends time discussing
the reproduction of certain sounds the viewer may be familiar with.

So.... here he is discussing sounds from the game Halo, their source
and how they were made.

Personally I've never played Halo, so while I always enjoy Alex's
videos, there wasn't anything here specifically I could really connect
with. But, I figured maybe someone here might enjoy this if they were
into Halo / XBox etc.

https://youtu.be/qT6eBqzzyic

Re: Any Halo (game or soundtrack) fans?

<uunq29$14uv0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16760&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#16760

From: candycan...@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Any Halo (game or soundtrack) fans?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 03:10:01 -0000 (UTC)
b+ V4R8q|QiU/R8\|G\WpC`-s?=)\fbtNc&=/a3a)r7xbRI]Vl)r<%PTriJ3pGpl_/B6!8pe\btzx
`~R! r3.0#lHRE+^Gro0[cjsban'vZ#j7,?I/tHk{s=TFJ:H?~=]`O*~3ZX`qik`b:.gVIc-[$t/e
ZrQsWJ >|l^I_[pbsIqwoz.WGA]<D
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 03:10 UTC

Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@x-nospam-x.com> wrote at 00:16 this Friday (GMT):

> Some of you may have heard me discuss how I now spend much more time
> with my music production hobby than I do gaming. Part of that hobby
> involves watching lots of YT videos (product demos/reviews, tutorials,
> or sometimes just infotainment vids from industry personalities).
>
> So Alex Ball gets a lot of respect from the YT music community, he is
> somewhat of a synthesizer historian (for lack of a better way to
> describe him) and a talented guy who is known for investing the top to
> research specific topics deeply, and often he spends time discussing
> the reproduction of certain sounds the viewer may be familiar with.
>
> So.... here he is discussing sounds from the game Halo, their source
> and how they were made.
>
> Personally I've never played Halo, so while I always enjoy Alex's
> videos, there wasn't anything here specifically I could really connect
> with. But, I figured maybe someone here might enjoy this if they were
> into Halo / XBox etc.
>
> https://youtu.be/qT6eBqzzyic

I've gotten the chance to play Halo 3 recently and it's fun!

Re: Any Halo (game or soundtrack) fans?

<SeCcndk3mOozpo37nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16774&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#16774

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 17:58:06 +0000
 by: Ant - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:58 UTC

candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
> Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@x-nospam-x.com> wrote at 00:16 this Friday (GMT):
> >
> > Some of you may have heard me discuss how I now spend much more time
> > with my music production hobby than I do gaming. Part of that hobby
> > involves watching lots of YT videos (product demos/reviews, tutorials,
> > or sometimes just infotainment vids from industry personalities).
> >
> > So Alex Ball gets a lot of respect from the YT music community, he is
> > somewhat of a synthesizer historian (for lack of a better way to
> > describe him) and a talented guy who is known for investing the top to
> > research specific topics deeply, and often he spends time discussing
> > the reproduction of certain sounds the viewer may be familiar with.
> >
> > So.... here he is discussing sounds from the game Halo, their source
> > and how they were made.
> >
> > Personally I've never played Halo, so while I always enjoy Alex's
> > videos, there wasn't anything here specifically I could really connect
> > with. But, I figured maybe someone here might enjoy this if they were
> > into Halo / XBox etc.
> >
> > https://youtu.be/qT6eBqzzyic

> I've gotten the chance to play Halo 3 recently and it's fun!

I played the first game during a free weekend. It wasn't bad. I do enjoy
Red vs. Blue series back then.

--
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." --Colossians 4:5-6. 2 many peep @ cemetery & new vids 2day!
| |o o| |

Re: Any Halo (game or soundtrack) fans?

<uupsrp$1km52$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16775&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#16775

From: candycan...@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:10:01 -0000 (UTC)
b+ V4R8q|QiU/R8\|G\WpC`-s?=)\fbtNc&=/a3a)r7xbRI]Vl)r<%PTriJ3pGpl_/B6!8pe\btzx
`~R! r3.0#lHRE+^Gro0[cjsban'vZ#j7,?I/tHk{s=TFJ:H?~=]`O*~3ZX`qik`b:.gVIc-[$t/e
ZrQsWJ >|l^I_[pbsIqwoz.WGA]<D
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:10 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote at 17:58 this Friday (GMT):
> candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
>> Rin Stowleigh <rstowleigh@x-nospam-x.com> wrote at 00:16 this Friday (GMT):
>> >
>> > Some of you may have heard me discuss how I now spend much more time
>> > with my music production hobby than I do gaming. Part of that hobby
>> > involves watching lots of YT videos (product demos/reviews, tutorials,
>> > or sometimes just infotainment vids from industry personalities).
>> >
>> > So Alex Ball gets a lot of respect from the YT music community, he is
>> > somewhat of a synthesizer historian (for lack of a better way to
>> > describe him) and a talented guy who is known for investing the top to
>> > research specific topics deeply, and often he spends time discussing
>> > the reproduction of certain sounds the viewer may be familiar with.
>> >
>> > So.... here he is discussing sounds from the game Halo, their source
>> > and how they were made.
>> >
>> > Personally I've never played Halo, so while I always enjoy Alex's
>> > videos, there wasn't anything here specifically I could really connect
>> > with. But, I figured maybe someone here might enjoy this if they were
>> > into Halo / XBox etc.
>> >
>> > https://youtu.be/qT6eBqzzyic
>
>> I've gotten the chance to play Halo 3 recently and it's fun!
>
> I played the first game during a free weekend. It wasn't bad. I do enjoy
> Red vs. Blue series back then.

Heard that it (and their creators) kinda fell off hard.