"If Diet Coke did not exist it would have been necessary to invent it." -- Karl Lehenbauer

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Social media is dangerous

SubjectAuthor
* Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
+* Re: Social media is dangerous%
|`* Re: Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
| +* Re: Social media is dangerousnospam
| |`* Re: Social media is dangerous%
| | +* Re: Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
| | |`* Re: Social media is dangerous%
| | | `- Re: Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
| | `* Re: Social media is dangerousnospam
| |  `- Re: Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
| `* Re: Social media is dangerous%
|  `* Re: Social media is dangerousUnbreakable Disease
|   `- Re: Social media is dangerous%
`- Re: Social media is dangerousEli the Bearded

1
Social media is dangerous

<sa8dal$91m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16726&group=comp.mobile.android#16726

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Subject: Social media is dangerous
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:14:00 +0000
 by: Unbreakable Disease - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:14 UTC

Being addicted to scrolling through your phone sucks, but being addicted
to getting likes not only damages your mental health, but also identity
theft, stalking, getting doxxed, etc.

If you are scared about exposing yourself on social media, be proud of
that - before iPhone existed, it was a scary thought to broadcast every
detail of your lives. Unfortunately, most of people that are still
afraid are old-timers at Internet, while users with less experience
barely experience any fear and are, in fact, addicted.

Keep smartphones out of reach of the children and do not let play with
them. You never know what can happen. People have done just fine without
smartphones and social media for tens of thousands of years. You can do it!

https://www.quora.com/Im-scared-of-using-social-networks-to-expose-myself-Im-afraid-that-if-I-do-I-can-risk-putting-myself-in-danger-of-getting-hacked-stalked-etc-How-do-I-overcome-this?share=1

--
Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

bitcoin:bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

Re: Social media is dangerous

<78udnWGypcakJ1r9nZ2dnUU7-W2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16727&group=comp.mobile.android#16727

Subject: Re: Social media is dangerous
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 02:20:52 -0600
 by: % - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:20 UTC

On 2021-06-14 2:14 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
> Being addicted to scrolling through your phone sucks, but being addicted
> to getting likes not only damages your mental health, but also identity
> theft, stalking, getting doxxed, etc.
>
> If you are scared about exposing yourself on social media, be proud of
> that - before iPhone existed, it was a scary thought to broadcast every
> detail of your lives. Unfortunately, most of people that are still
> afraid are old-timers at Internet, while users with less experience
> barely experience any fear and are, in fact, addicted.
>
> Keep smartphones out of reach of the children and do not let play with
> them. You never know what can happen. People have done just fine without
> smartphones and social media for tens of thousands of years. You can do it!
>
> https://www.quora.com/Im-scared-of-using-social-networks-to-expose-myself-Im-afraid-that-if-I-do-I-can-risk-putting-myself-in-danger-of-getting-hacked-stalked-etc-How-do-I-overcome-this?share=1
>

>> I don't think you should overcome your concern about exposing yourself
>> on social media. I think it is a real threat. If you wish to enjoy
>> these media, you should remain vigilant. People who are up to no good,
>> whether in cyberspace or here on Earth, prey upon the vulnerability of
>> people who would never consider on their worst day taking advantage of
>> others. That's how the average person becomes a victim. Understanding
>> that is not paranoia, just healthy caution.

you're just loaded with things to be paranoid over ,
and you got a real thing for talking about ,
self exposure online , if you don't want to post naked ,
like everyone else does than don't

Re: Social media is dangerous

<sa8f20$nb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16731&group=comp.mobile.android#16731

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:43:00 +0000
 by: Unbreakable Disease - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:43 UTC

On 14.06.2021 08:20, % wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 2:14 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
>> Being addicted to scrolling through your phone sucks, but being
>> addicted to getting likes not only damages your mental health, but
>> also identity theft, stalking, getting doxxed, etc.
>>
>> If you are scared about exposing yourself on social media, be proud of
>> that - before iPhone existed, it was a scary thought to broadcast
>> every detail of your lives. Unfortunately, most of people that are
>> still afraid are old-timers at Internet, while users with less
>> experience barely experience any fear and are, in fact, addicted.
>>
>> Keep smartphones out of reach of the children and do not let play with
>> them. You never know what can happen. People have done just fine
>> without smartphones and social media for tens of thousands of years.
>> You can do it!
>>
>> https://www.quora.com/Im-scared-of-using-social-networks-to-expose-myself-Im-afraid-that-if-I-do-I-can-risk-putting-myself-in-danger-of-getting-hacked-stalked-etc-How-do-I-overcome-this?share=1
>>

>>> I don't think you should overcome your concern about exposing
>>> yourself on social media. I think it is a real threat. If you wish to
>>> enjoy these media, you should remain vigilant. People who are up to
>>> no good, whether in cyberspace or here on Earth, prey upon the
>>> vulnerability of people who would never consider on their worst day
>>> taking advantage of others. That's how the average person becomes a
>>> victim. Understanding that is not paranoia, just healthy caution.
>>

> you're just loaded with things to be paranoid over ,
> and you got a real thing for talking about ,
> self exposure online , if you don't want to post naked ,
> like everyone else does than don't
Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
seen online. However, if you wanted to meet people, basic OPSEC was to
tell parents if you are under 18 or, if you are an adult, do so very
carefully in safe public place, with trusted friend with you.

If this article was written back in 90s or even early 2010s, everyone
would criticize the creator for lack of safety tips & tricks. But no,
it's 2021 and fuck even the most basic OPSEC.

That article:
https://medium.com/the-virago/follow-these-7-steps-for-meeting-online-dates-in-real-life-4501a409d73

An article from 2010 with safety tips on meeting virtual friends in
meatspace:
https://everywhereist.com/2010/06/meeting-online-friends-for-the-first-time-my-10-safety-tips/

--
Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

bitcoin:bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

Re: Social media is dangerous

<140620211644583346%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16732&group=comp.mobile.android#16732

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:44:58 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:44 UTC

In article <sa8f20$nb5$1@dont-email.me>, Unbreakable Disease
<unbreakable@secmail.pro> wrote:

> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
> seen online.

the world has changed.

Re: Social media is dangerous

<Pvadne1At_4YXVr9nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16734&group=comp.mobile.android#16734

Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:48:04 -0700
 by: % - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:48 UTC

On 2021-06-14 1:43 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
> On 14.06.2021 08:20, % wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 2:14 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
>>> Being addicted to scrolling through your phone sucks, but being
>>> addicted to getting likes not only damages your mental health, but
>>> also identity theft, stalking, getting doxxed, etc.
>>>
>>> If you are scared about exposing yourself on social media, be proud
>>> of that - before iPhone existed, it was a scary thought to broadcast
>>> every detail of your lives. Unfortunately, most of people that are
>>> still afraid are old-timers at Internet, while users with less
>>> experience barely experience any fear and are, in fact, addicted.
>>>
>>> Keep smartphones out of reach of the children and do not let play
>>> with them. You never know what can happen. People have done just fine
>>> without smartphones and social media for tens of thousands of years.
>>> You can do it!
>>>
>>> https://www.quora.com/Im-scared-of-using-social-networks-to-expose-myself-Im-afraid-that-if-I-do-I-can-risk-putting-myself-in-danger-of-getting-hacked-stalked-etc-How-do-I-overcome-this?share=1

>> you're just loaded with things to be paranoid over ,
>> and you got a real thing for talking about ,
>> self exposure online , if you don't want to post naked ,
>> like everyone else does than don't
> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
> seen online. However, if you wanted to meet people, basic OPSEC was to
> tell parents if you are under 18 or, if you are an adult, do so very
> carefully in safe public place, with trusted friend with you.
>
> If this article was written back in 90s or even early 2010s, everyone
> would criticize the creator for lack of safety tips & tricks. But no,
> it's 2021 and fuck even the most basic OPSEC.
>
> That article:
> https://medium.com/the-virago/follow-these-7-steps-for-meeting-online-dates-in-real-life-4501a409d73
>

> An article from 2010 with safety tips on meeting virtual friends in
> meatspace:
> https://everywhereist.com/2010/06/meeting-online-friends-for-the-first-time-my-10-safety-tips/

i don't go to posted web sites

Re: Social media is dangerous

<PvadnexAt_5ZXVr9nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16735&group=comp.mobile.android#16735

Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:49:08 -0700
 by: % - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:49 UTC

On 2021-06-14 1:44 p.m., nospam wrote:
> In article <sa8f20$nb5$1@dont-email.me>, Unbreakable Disease
> <unbreakable@secmail.pro> wrote:
>
>> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
>> seen online.
>
> the world has changed.

not much really , just the usa has changed ,
but americans see that as the whole world

Re: Social media is dangerous

<sa8fem$ppu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16736&group=comp.mobile.android#16736

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:50:00 +0000
 by: Unbreakable Disease - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:50 UTC

On 14.06.2021 20:49, % wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 1:44 p.m., nospam wrote:
>> In article <sa8f20$nb5$1@dont-email.me>, Unbreakable Disease
>> <unbreakable@secmail.pro> wrote:
>>
>>> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
>>> seen online.
>>
>> the world has changed.
>>
> not much really , just the usa has changed ,
> but americans see that as the whole world
Do you think that ignoring this advice is limited to America only?
Stupid people all over the world ignore this advice.

--
Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

bitcoin:bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

Re: Social media is dangerous

<sa8fff$ppu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16737&group=comp.mobile.android#16737

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:50:00 +0000

On 14.06.2021 20:48, % wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 1:43 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:

>>> you're just loaded with things to be paranoid over ,
>>> and you got a real thing for talking about ,
>>> self exposure online , if you don't want to post naked ,
>>> like everyone else does than don't
>> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
>> seen online. However, if you wanted to meet people, basic OPSEC was to
>> tell parents if you are under 18 or, if you are an adult, do so very
>> carefully in safe public place, with trusted friend with you.
>>
>> If this article was written back in 90s or even early 2010s, everyone
>> would criticize the creator for lack of safety tips & tricks. But no,
>> it's 2021 and fuck even the most basic OPSEC.
>>
>> That article:
>> https://medium.com/the-virago/follow-these-7-steps-for-meeting-online-dates-in-real-life-4501a409d73
>>

>> An article from 2010 with safety tips on meeting virtual friends in
>> meatspace:
>> https://everywhereist.com/2010/06/meeting-online-friends-for-the-first-time-my-10-safety-tips/
>>

> i don't go to posted web sites
Your choice.

--
Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

bitcoin:bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

Re: Social media is dangerous

<PvadnelAt_71XFr9nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16738&group=comp.mobile.android#16738

Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:51:52 -0700
 by: % - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:51 UTC

On 2021-06-14 1:50 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
> On 14.06.2021 20:49, % wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 1:44 p.m., nospam wrote:

>>> the world has changed.
>>>
>> not much really , just the usa has changed ,
>> but americans see that as the whole world
> Do you think that ignoring this advice is limited to America only?
> Stupid people all over the world ignore this advice.

i haven't seen any advice yet

Re: Social media is dangerous

<PvadnehAt_7hXFr9nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16739&group=comp.mobile.android#16739

Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:52:11 -0700
 by: % - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:52 UTC

On 2021-06-14 1:50 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:
> On 14.06.2021 20:48, % wrote:

>>> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
>>> seen online. However, if you wanted to meet people, basic OPSEC was
>>> to tell parents if you are under 18 or, if you are an adult, do so
>>> very carefully in safe public place, with trusted friend with you.
>>>
>>> If this article was written back in 90s or even early 2010s, everyone
>>> would criticize the creator for lack of safety tips & tricks. But no,
>>> it's 2021 and fuck even the most basic OPSEC.
>>>
>>> That article:
>>> https://medium.com/the-virago/follow-these-7-steps-for-meeting-online-dates-in-real-life-4501a409d73
>>>

>>> An article from 2010 with safety tips on meeting virtual friends in
>>> meatspace:
>>> https://everywhereist.com/2010/06/meeting-online-friends-for-the-first-time-my-10-safety-tips/
>>>

>> i don't go to posted web sites
> Your choice.

well i know that

Re: Social media is dangerous

<eli$2106141654@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16740&group=comp.mobile.android#16740

Followup: alt.dev.null
From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:54:38 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Eli the Bearded - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:54 UTC

In misc.news.internet.discuss,
Unbreakable Disease <unbreakable@secmail.pro> wrote:
> People have done just fine without smartphones and social media for
> tens of thousands of years. You can do it!
> --
> Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywv[...]

Here's a tip: unsolcitied advice is worth less than you paid for it.

Elijah
------
people did just fine without pizza and tacos for thousands of years, too

Re: Social media is dangerous

<140620211656244494%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16741&group=comp.mobile.android#16741

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:56:24 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:56 UTC

In article <PvadnexAt_5ZXVr9nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
<pursent100@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Common advice back in the day was to never meet people you have only
> >> seen online.
> >
> > the world has changed.
> >
> not much really ,

quite a bit, actually.

> just the usa has changed ,

nope. the entire world has.

> but americans see that as the whole world

a few might, but certainly not all.

Re: Social media is dangerous

<sab4kf$ata$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16825&group=comp.mobile.android#16825

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:04:00 +0000
 by: Unbreakable Disease - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:04 UTC

On 14.06.2021 20:51, % wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 1:50 p.m., Unbreakable Disease wrote:

>>> not much really , just the usa has changed ,
>>> but americans see that as the whole world
>> Do you think that ignoring this advice is limited to America only?
>> Stupid people all over the world ignore this advice.
>>
> i haven't seen any advice yet
You have been since 1993 and you don't know you shouldn't meet with
random people online without preparation.

--
Tip me: bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

bitcoin:bc1qtwmjzywve5v7z6jzk4dkg7v6masw2erpahsn9f

Re: Social media is dangerous

<sab4lh$ata$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16826&group=comp.mobile.android#16826

From: unbreaka...@secmail.pro (Unbreakable Disease)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,misc.news.internet.discuss,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,misc.phone.mobile
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:04:00 +0000

On 14.06.2021 20:56, nospam wrote:

>>> the world has changed.
>>>
>> not much really ,
>
> quite a bit, actually.
>
>> just the usa has changed ,
>
> nope. the entire world has.
>
>> but americans see that as the whole world
>
> a few might, but certainly not all.

Fuck off, nospam. Don't feed that AI.