From: anonym...@example.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Remailer configuration question
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 21:42:59 -0600
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 03:42 UTC

How to configure YAMN to accept and forward emails from and to other
YAMN peers but not exit to clearnet hosts?

Re: Remailer configuration question

<OkPrnpjEAkTDxNaQDhZGlXHhbETGQFik@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16887&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16887

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Remailer configuration question
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 24 06:34:25 UTC
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 06:34 UTC

On 2/5/24 22:42, Anonymous wrote:
> How to configure YAMN to accept and forward emails from and to other
> YAMN peers but not exit to clearnet hosts?

It sounds like you want to run a YAMN middleman remailer. Here's a
tutorial for that.

"Install YAMN as a remailer server on a VPS"
<https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/install_yamn_remailer.html>

If you just want the YAMN configuation file here is a sample:
<https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/debian/remailer/yamn.yml>

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

Re: Remailer configuration question

<upstvd$23qos$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16889&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16889

From: anonym...@example.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 03:28:52 -0600
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 09:28 UTC

On Tue, 06 Feb 24 06:34:25 UTC
SEC3 <admin@sec3.net> wrote:

> On 2/5/24 22:42, Anonymous wrote:
> > How to configure YAMN to accept and forward emails from and to other
> > YAMN peers but not exit to clearnet hosts?
> >

> It sounds like you want to run a YAMN middleman remailer. Here's a
> tutorial for that.
>
> "Install YAMN as a remailer server on a VPS"
> <https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/install_yamn_remailer.html>
>
> If you just want the YAMN configuation file here is a sample:
> <https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/debian/remailer/yamn.yml>

While viewing the yaml config file I see this:

exit: false

Will this setting guarantee that the remailer won't forward to
clearnet MX hosts? That must never happen. One bad spam or troll post
risk my domain RBL'd.

Or are there more config options I must know about to achieve goal?

Let me say it differently. I want to enable these facilities for users:

mail2news via the local SMTP for users not wanting chaining
mail2news via the mixnet for users wanting to chain

And nothing else having to do with emails.

Thank you for helping.

Re: Remailer configuration question

<GAlPNhGWPDKAeVVDpYilWusyVxtzcVob@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16892&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16892

Date: Tue, 06 Feb 24 17:52:07 UTC
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 17:52 UTC

On 2/6/24 04:28, Anonymous wrote:

>> If you just want the YAMN configuation file here is a sample:
>> <https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/debian/remailer/yamn.yml>
>
> While viewing the yaml config file I see this:
>
> exit: false
>
> Will this setting guarantee that the remailer won't forward to
> clearnet MX hosts? That must never happen. One bad spam or troll post
> risk my domain RBL'd.

Yes. That's what "exit: false" means. That's caled a middleman remailer.
Your remailer will deliver only to other remailers. In that sense it is
relatively immune to abuse and abuse complaints

> Or are there more config options I must know about to achieve goal?
>
> Let me say it differently. I want to enable these facilities for users:
>
> mail2news via the local SMTP for users not wanting chaining
> mail2news via the mixnet for users wanting to chain

You are trying to set up a lot of things at the same time. I suggest
setting up only a YAMN remailer. As the tutorial explains this means
getting a VPS server which offers a static IP address. Then install
Postfix and make sure your A record and MX records points to your IP
address. Ensure email can be delivered to and from your server. Instal
Golang. Now you are ready to install Zax's YAMN remailer.

Test it out. And then announce its address publicly so that the pinger
services can pick it up.

After your YAMN remailer is working smoothly for a few weeks ask Dizum
or Neodome for assistance in setting up a mail2news service. It's not a
small thing. Firstly, you would need to find other news servers that
will peer with you.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Remailer configuration question