Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 09:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Refuting the halting problem pseudo-code proof(100% perfect
certainty)(1st element)
From: pehoush...@gmail.com (Daniel Pehoushek)
 by: Daniel Pehoushek - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:46 UTC

olcott is a god damned spammer. do not help him anymore.

Re: Refuting the halting problem pseudo-code proof(100% perfect certainty)(1st element)

<87a6nlfqwh.fsf@bsb.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16962&group=comp.theory#16962

From: ben.use...@bsb.me.uk (Ben Bacarisse)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Refuting the halting problem pseudo-code proof(100% perfect certainty)(1st element)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:09:18 +0100
 by: Ben Bacarisse - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:09 UTC

Daniel Pehoushek <pehoushek1@gmail.com> writes:

> olcott is a god damned spammer. do not help him anymore.

Pretty much the only thing that works in an open group is to model the
behaviour you'd like to see. Telling everyone else what you'd like them
to do is very unlikely to work.

So,

a. Get a real new reader and a feed (I use Eternal September) so you can
simply filter Peter Olcott's posts out. You won't see them, and your
life will be immediately improved.

b. Post interesting technical material yourself, either as head posts or
as follow-ups. With interesting things to talk about, people won't
want to waste time with cranks like PO.

The trouble is a lot of your recent posts have been incomprehensible (to
me, I mean) and appear to have no technical material. They certainly
don't have any technical material that I could possible talk about.

I'd like to hear about your approach to Boolean satisfaction and/or your
work on string matching, but I've never been able to get started talking
about these things with you because your threads all seem to spiral off
into disordered and apparently unconnected thoughts.

If you have a published paper on either of these topics, that would be
an excellent place to start. Published papers have to be clear and
self-contained or they don't get published. I'd gladly read and discuss
such a paper with you.

--
Ben.

devel / comp.theory / Re: Refuting the halting problem pseudo-code proof(100% perfect certainty)(1st element)