Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 12:01:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: new M1 mac mini and the magic mouse 2 don't get along well
From: no8bel...@gmail.com (Jani L)
 by: Jani L - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:01 UTC

lauantai 23. tammikuuta 2021 klo 19.15.54 UTC+2 Elden kirjoitti:
> On Jan 23, 2021, Lewis wrote
> (in article <slrns0o22s....@m1mini.local>):
> > In message<0001HW.25BBE2480...@news.giganews.com>
> > Elden<usene...@icloud.com> wrote:
> > > There is a 35+ page thread on the Apple discussion forums about this very
> > > thing. No answers to the problem as of yet.
> >
> > > I experienced a problem immediately when I first fired up my mac mini.. The
> > > mouse disconnects and reconnects twice in quick succession... every 30
> > > minutes or so. Some times more often.
> >
> > Hmmm.. I wonder where the Apple mouse is and which one it is?
> >
> > I don't use mice.
> >
> > I've had no BT issues with the M1 mini, however. Not even the occasional
> > watch-unlock issues I would have with the 2018 it replaced. Magic
> > trackpad works perfectly, AirPods Pro stay connected, Airdrop is
> > seamless.
> Hmm, perhaps I should buy a trackpad and see how that goes. I like the
> trackpad better anyway.
>
> —
> -=Elden=-

Same problem. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Re: new M1 mac mini and the magic mouse 2 don't get along well

<ksd0q5F8715U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16928&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16928

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 25 Nov 2023 01:26:30 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:26 UTC

On 2023-11-24, Jani L <no8belair@gmail.com> wrote:
> lauantai 23. tammikuuta 2021 klo 19.15.54 UTC+2 Elden kirjoitti:
>> On Jan 23, 2021, Lewis wrote
>> (in article <slrns0o22s....@m1mini.local>):

>>> Hmmm.. I wonder where the Apple mouse is and which one it is?
>>>
>>> I don't use mice.
>>>
>>> I've had no BT issues with the M1 mini, however. Not even the
>>> occasional watch-unlock issues I would have with the 2018 it
>>> replaced. Magic trackpad works perfectly, AirPods Pro stay
>>> connected, Airdrop is seamless.
>>
>> Hmm, perhaps I should buy a trackpad and see how that goes. I like
>> the trackpad better anyway.
>
> Same problem. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Many people have indeed solved this problem.

More often than not, Bluetooth connectivity issues can be resolved by
reducing radio interference in the environment. Often, nearby devices
that share the 2.4 GHz band with Bluetooth devices will interfere with
Bluetooth connectivity. Reducing that interference by moving those
devices further away often alleviates such issues.

Here's an anecdote: My wife and I have two Macs in our home office. Over
the course of a couple years, we had frequent issues where our
Bluetooth keyboards would repeat or drop key presses, and our Bluetooth
track pads would exhibit jerky cursor movement. When we disabled the 2.4
GHz band in our home router which was located in the office closet,
these issues vanished like magic.

There are lots of devices that use the 2.4 GHz wireless band, including
wireless routers, microwave ovens, portable telephones, and so on. When
you are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues, try turning those
devices off or moving them at least 30 feet away from the malfunctioning
Bluetooth devices. If the problems cease, you have your culprit.

JR