From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 11:04:19 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:04 UTC

Epic is struggling. They've laid off 16% of their workforce and
divested themself from a number of non-core businesses. Despite the
fact that they still have a huge Fortnite warchest, the company has
not been bringing in the necessary revenue, and their attempt to shift
from selling official Fortnite DLC/cosmetics to acting as an
intermediary reselling third-party Fortnite content hasn't been as
profitable as they hoped. Add to that the huge cost of keeping the
Epic Game Store running, and well... let's just say I don't really
expect the weekly freebies to continue into 2024. So the TL;DR is
that you better grab what they offer now because that gravy train may
soon be coming to an end.

But that train is still chugging along, so let's see what we're
getting this week, eh?

* Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/turnip-boy-commits-tax-evasion-fb2084
This week it's a cutesey pixel-graphic Indie adventure game. Which is
fine - it's got good reviews - but I can't imagine this game is going
to get a lot of pick-up. Still, it's not a very long game and it has
some surprising twists and turns, so if you want to try something
different from your usual, this isn't a bad game to have in your
library.

You have a week to claim this one, as usual. Will there be another
free game next week? Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.*

* Or not, since the Epic Gane Stire tells you what next week's game is
already. ;-)

Re: FREE GAMES: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

<uvkc0t$hmqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16960&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#16960

From: justis...@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:08:12 -0700
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 23:08 UTC

On 11/2/2023 8:04 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> Epic is struggling. They've laid off 16% of their workforce and
> divested themself from a number of non-core businesses. Despite the
> fact that they still have a huge Fortnite warchest, the company has
> not been bringing in the necessary revenue, and their attempt to shift
> from selling official Fortnite DLC/cosmetics to acting as an
> intermediary reselling third-party Fortnite content hasn't been as
> profitable as they hoped. Add to that the huge cost of keeping the
> Epic Game Store running, and well... let's just say I don't really
> expect the weekly freebies to continue into 2024. So the TL;DR is
> that you better grab what they offer now because that gravy train may
> soon be coming to an end.
>
> But that train is still chugging along, so let's see what we're
> getting this week, eh?
>

> * Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/turnip-boy-commits-tax-evasion-fb2084
> This week it's a cutesey pixel-graphic Indie adventure game. Which is
> fine - it's got good reviews - but I can't imagine this game is going
> to get a lot of pick-up. Still, it's not a very long game and it has
> some surprising twists and turns, so if you want to try something
> different from your usual, this isn't a bad game to have in your
> library.

I gave it a short try yesterday. It was o.k. I'm just generally not a
fan of these old zelda like games. I got bored with it after an hour or
so. It's got humor in it, but nothing that so much as gave me an actual
chuckle. *shrug*

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø