Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:33:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Old man
From: ulloa.ed...@gmail.com (Edgar Ulloa)
 by: Edgar Ulloa - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:33 UTC

Today if I realized something very good, that if companies want a system manager with experience in ovms they should hire people over 45 years old .. excellent because at 40 they call you old and they don't want to hire you but at 65 you are young to retire

regards

Re: Old man

<q9ua1i-qr21.ln1@ubuntu.mike-r.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16988&group=comp.os.vms#16988

From: mik...@rechtman.com (Henry Crun)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: Old man
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:37:46 +0300
 by: Henry Crun - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 04:37 UTC

On 16/09/2021 2:33, Edgar Ulloa wrote:
> Today if I realized something very good, that if companies want a system manager with experience in ovms they should hire people over 45 years old .. excellent because at 40 they call you old and they don't want to hire you but at 65 you are young to retire
>
> regards

Data point: I'm 77, working from home part-time supporting several VMS systems for a gov department.
My line is "The computers are old, so they need someone old enough to understand them."

--
Mike R.
Home: http://alpha.mike-r.com/