Subject: Is it possible to extend or zoom splot axes to / beyond window boundaries?
From: Philip
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 07:06 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 00:06:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: email.to...@gmail.com (Philip)
I would like to make use of more of my screen when zooming into a gnuplot plot. Currently I am using qt terminal, and there is a great margin of empty space around the splot axes. Furthermore, zooming the plot keeps the axes in place,  but the plot gets cropped off at an invisible bounding box defined by the axes.

Is there a way to
1. zoom an interactive plot beyond the bounds of the axes? Or
2. increase the size of the axes relative to the window?

Currently zoomed images are cropped at an invisible bounding box defined by the extent of the axes.

This default behavior is excellent for ensuring the entire plot remains visible.  However sometimes it is valuable to be able to zoom in closer.

Thank you for your help.