From: est...@aioe.org (Aioe)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: A poll about postfilter
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 21:58:21 +0200
 by: Aioe - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:58 UTC

I am the author of postfilter (https://github.com/Aioe/postfilter), a
perl script that filters messages posted by local users of a news
server, verifies as much as possible that they respect the rules of the
service then accepts or rejects them. Postfilter is not an alternative
to (py) cleanfeed because it filters only local messages, messages from
users of other servers are not checked. Aioe.org uses postfilter for its
users messages.

Postfilter was first developed about twenty years ago when aioe.org was
opened, it was rewritten about ten years ago and has only been
maintained since that time.

Postfilter has gotten old and it needs updating because usenet has
changed a lot in the meantime, the number of server users has decreased
and system resources have increased. Today it is possible to do many
things that were not possible ten years ago.
I am considering whether to continue the development.

I would need to know if there are any other newsmasters using postfilter.

If no one uses postfilter except me, releasing a real package becomes a
waste of time, I can very well patch it without caring about the rest.

If you use it, what functions would you need?

Re: A poll about postfilter

<sd3042$bkg$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=170&group=news.software.nntp#170

From: gtay...@tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: A poll about postfilter
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:45:32 -0600
 by: Grant Taylor - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 04:45 UTC

On 7/18/21 1:58 PM, Aioe wrote:
> I would need to know if there are any other newsmasters using postfilter.

I am not currently using postfilter because the only users of my private
server are me, myself, and I.

However, if I were to run a public server I would use postfilter. I
would also be happy to take functional code and add scaffolding around
it like init scripts to work on my distro of choice.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: A poll about postfilter

<set64n$ce9$1@server.snarked.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=179&group=news.software.nntp#179

From: spa...@spam.org (D. Stussy)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 23:25:28 -0700
 by: D. Stussy - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 06:25 UTC

"Aioe" wrote in message news:sd214v$1kan$1@gioia.aioe.org...
[...]

I use it for adding a "X-no-archive" header (for some posts).

I also provide a link to the project (http://code.google.com/p/postfilter) on my news server's home web page.