If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

SubjectAuthor
* Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipYamn Remailer
+- Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipD
`* Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipNomen Nescio
 `* Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipYamn Remailer
  +- Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipD
  `* Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipNomen Nescio
   `- Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorshipD

1
Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<20240301.091005.9169b088@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17062&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17062

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net CE1383FE3E
Subject: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:10:05 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.freespeech,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 14:10 UTC

If your Internet access is not censored, please consider installing
Snowflake to help users on censored networks.

Freedom of information is related to freedom of expression,
which can apply to any medium, be it oral, writing, print,
electronic, or through art forms. This means that the protection
of freedom of speech as a right includes not only the content,
but also the means of expression.

Snowflake allows you to share access to free and open
communication on the Internet with censored Internet users
around the world. Enabling this extension turns your browser
into a proxy that connects Tor users in censored regions to
the Tor network.

The Snowflake system consists of three components: Volunteers who
run Snowflake proxies, Tor users who want to connect to the Internet,
and a broker that delivers Snowflake proxies to users.

You don't need to worry about the websites that users access through
your proxy. Their visible IP address will be the one of the Tor exit
node and not yours.

Install in Firefox
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/torproject-snowflake/>

Install in Chrome
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snowflake/mafpmfcccpbjnhfhjnl
lmmalhifmlcie>

For more detailed information on how Snowflake works, see the
documentation wiki
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-
transports/snowflake/-/wikis/home>

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<726fb101f1c858c75617d829411987c5@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17064&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17064

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 19:38:06 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:38 UTC

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:10:05 -0500, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>If your Internet access is not censored, please consider installing
>Snowflake to help users on censored networks.
>Freedom of information is related to freedom of expression,
>which can apply to any medium, be it oral, writing, print,
>electronic, or through art forms. This means that the protection
>of freedom of speech as a right includes not only the content,
>but also the means of expression.
>Snowflake allows you to share access to free and open
>communication on the Internet with censored Internet users
>around the world. Enabling this extension turns your browser
>into a proxy that connects Tor users in censored regions to
>the Tor network.
>The Snowflake system consists of three components: Volunteers who
>run Snowflake proxies, Tor users who want to connect to the Internet,
>and a broker that delivers Snowflake proxies to users.
>You don't need to worry about the websites that users access through
>your proxy. Their visible IP address will be the one of the Tor exit
>node and not yours.
>Install in Firefox
><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/torproject-snowflake/>
>Install in Chrome
><https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snowflake/mafpmfcccpbjnhfhjnl
>lmmalhifmlcie>
>For more detailed information on how Snowflake works, see the
>documentation wiki
><https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-
>transports/snowflake/-/wikis/home>

seems that whenever tor browser won't open a link, sometimes using the
built-in meek bridge will do the trick or if not by trying to open the
root url first, e.g. "url.dom" instead of "http://url.dom/file/folder/"
then if that opens, try opening the full url and sometimes that works;
have rarely used snowflake, but this notion of "freedom of expression"
could be provocative anywhere politics and religion rule by the sword:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=stand+for+the+flag+kneel+for+the+cross+meme
(substitute the american flag with any other national flag and viola!)
romans invented christianity . . . and they are united in the kingdom

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<6df168a677705dd1b05b2211e8b128a2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17071&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17071

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 08:42:41 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.freespeech,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 07:42 UTC

On 01 Mar 2024, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> posted some

> If your Internet access is not censored, please consider installing
> Snowflake to help users on censored networks.
>
> Freedom of information is related to freedom of expression,
> which can apply to any medium, be it oral, writing, print,
> electronic, or through art forms. This means that the protection
> of freedom of speech as a right includes not only the content,
> but also the means of expression.
>
> Snowflake allows you to share access to free and open
> communication on the Internet with censored Internet users
> around the world. Enabling this extension turns your browser
> into a proxy that connects Tor users in censored regions to
> the Tor network.
>
> The Snowflake system consists of three components: Volunteers who
> run Snowflake proxies, Tor users who want to connect to the Internet,
> and a broker that delivers Snowflake proxies to users.
>
> You don't need to worry about the websites that users access through
> your proxy. Their visible IP address will be the one of the Tor exit
> node and not yours.
>
> Install in Firefox
><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/torproject-snowflake/>
>
> Install in Chrome
><https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snowflake/mafpmfcccpbjnhfhjnl
> lmmalhifmlcie>
>
> For more detailed information on how Snowflake works, see the
> documentation wiki
><https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-
> transports/snowflake/-/wikis/home>

Use Tor all you want. I will simply block anyone using Tor from accesing
any services or resources.

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<20240303.054612.8142da29@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17073&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17073

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 6529E3FE3B
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 05:46:12 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.freespeech,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 10:46 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> Use Tor all you want. I will simply block anyone using Tor from accesing
> any services or resources.

I doubt you offer a service where there's no Tor-friendly alternative.

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<7a40816f-a2a8-e995-e718-ef6f5fd16f23@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17075&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17075

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.freespeech,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 14:40:53 +0100
 by: D - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 13:40 UTC

On Sun, 3 Mar 2024, Yamn Remailer wrote:

> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> Use Tor all you want. I will simply block anyone using Tor from accesing
>> any services or resources.
>
> I doubt you offer a service where there's no Tor-friendly alternative.

But I guess in theory it isn't that difficult to at least block public
exit nodes. But I could always setup a private exit node, and snowflake
relies on private IPs so that is also difficult to block.

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<ec8da83cd592c15935510655af596805@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17080&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17080

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 12:29:39 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.freespeech,alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 11:29 UTC

On 03 Mar 2024, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> posted some

> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> Use Tor all you want. I will simply block anyone using Tor from
>> accesing any services or resources.
>
> I doubt you offer a service where there's no Tor-friendly alternative.

Doubt all you want. AAMOI I'm on a team running backline conversation
content services for news media sites. The bulk of those attacking
other posters and spamming make money crap come from proxies and Tor, so
they now get blocked.

Re: Snowflake proxy and TOR to bypass Internet censorship

<e30dfe38691a98a034afaf63ad5858b2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17081&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17081

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:50:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 13:50 UTC

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 12:29:39 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>On 03 Mar 2024, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> posted some
>> I doubt you offer a service where there's no Tor-friendly alternative.
>
>Doubt all you want. AAMOI I'm on a team running backline conversation
>content services for news media sites. The bulk of those attacking
>other posters and spamming make money crap come from proxies and Tor, so
>they now get blocked.

seems like sensational news such you've been reporting here in this
unmoderated usenet newsgroup might get more attention on those news
headline tickers . . . "tor attack blocked by mainstream news media"