From: michael....@uplawski.eu (Michael Uplawski)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: [Post-processor for flnews] version 1.0 and later
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 09:55:16 +0100
 by: Michael Uplawski - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 08:55 UTC

Good morning all.

I appear to have understood, how a README.md file is published on rubygems.org.

This shall justify my mentioning the versions 1.0 and later of my
post-processor program flnews_post_proc for the flnews newsreader by Michael
Bäuerle, here present.

A Ruby program, so to say.

The Readme, then:
<https://www.rubydoc.info/gems/flnews_post_proc/1.11>

The probably same documentation is also found within the gem-file:
<https://rubygems.org/gems/flnews_post_proc/versions/1.11>

I resume:

* The post-processor program can set an introductory line specifically
chosen for one or several newsgroups.

* The post-processor program sets specific signatures as configured for one
or several newsgroups.

* The post-processor program can impose the X-No-Archive header for all
posts to certain newsgroups.

* The post-processor can identify marked text fragments and transform them
into footnotes, which will be attached as a list at the bottom of the
post.

The reason for posting this is that I have about no feedback whatsoever about
the usability of this program, the quality of the concept or the code and
cannot avoid dumb failures about each time that I touch it.

I learned that when I bake my bread at 300°C, it is too much for my fingers and
that electric loppers do a fine job detaching phalanxes swift and pain free.

Similar insight would be welcome as regards writing post-processors for
usenet-articles.

Else I do not know. Maybe have a laugh. Anyway, the license is now wtfpl 2.0
or later. “Do as you please” for the faint-hearted.

Cheerio
--
He's an ill cook that breeds contempt