Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-) -- Unknown source

computers / comp.mobile.android / cover for USB charging jack

SubjectAuthor
* cover for USB charging jackmicky
+- Re: cover for USB charging jacknospam
+* Re: cover for USB charging jacksms
|`* Re: cover for USB charging jackmicky
| +- Re: cover for USB charging jacknospam
| `- Re: cover for USB charging jackChris
+- Re: cover for USB charging jackBob F
`- Re: cover for USB charging jackVanguardLH

1
cover for USB charging jack

<m9jhdg52ebu2333q659jmh0a8jt2obepc0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17220&group=comp.mobile.android#17220

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: cover for USB charging jack
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 15:16:14 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:16 UTC

Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?

The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.

Should I cut off the cover? Should I hire a professional circumcizer?

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<270620211519482373%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17222&group=comp.mobile.android#17222

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: cover for USB charging jack
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 15:19:48 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:19 UTC

In article <m9jhdg52ebu2333q659jmh0a8jt2obepc0@4ax.com>, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?

very rarely. it's not anything to worry about.

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<sbakun$poe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17224&group=comp.mobile.android#17224

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:52:55 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:52 UTC

On 6/27/2021 12:16 PM, micky wrote:
> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?

Yes.

> The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
> cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
> I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
> but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
> not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.
>
> Should I cut off the cover?

No.

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<k49idg1sbfu0gphm18ugntj2p660m14i1d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17236&group=comp.mobile.android#17236

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:04:56 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:04 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:52:55 -0700, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>On 6/27/2021 12:16 PM, micky wrote:
>> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?
>
>Yes.
>
>> The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
>> cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
>> I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
>> but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
>> not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.
>>
>> Should I cut off the cover?
>
>No.

Wow, they actually sell covers for not only the USB jack but the
earphone jack too.

https://www.amazon.com/PortPlugs-Compatible-Android-Tablets-Cleaning/dp/B07HJF7D35/ref=asc_df_B07HJF7D35/

Rated 4.2 on 700 r atings, so a lot of people think it's worth it.

This one even includes a jack cleaning brush, which I doubt will do
anything. But in honor of their concern, I'll stop carrying chocolate
cookies in my pocket.

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Protector-Samsung-Galaxy-Devices/dp/B08N6MX338/ref=asc_df_B08N6MX338/
Rated 4 on 160 ratings.

If I worked in a mine, a grain mill, or a steel mill, I'd get some.
Also, they will keep the phone from geting Covid.

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<270620212224440350%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17237&group=comp.mobile.android#17237

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:24:44 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:24 UTC

In article <k49idg1sbfu0gphm18ugntj2p660m14i1d@4ax.com>, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> Wow, they actually sell covers for not only the USB jack but the
> earphone jack too.

yep, and they're not needed.

literally, billions of people who have smartphones and other devices
with usb and/or analog headphone jacks and/or other ports not use plugs
or covers and do not have problems.

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<sbbi2h$9os$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17241&group=comp.mobile.android#17241

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 21:09:53 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 04:09 UTC

On 6/27/2021 12:16 PM, micky wrote:
> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?
>
> The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
> cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
> I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
> but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
> not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.
>
> Should I cut off the cover? Should I hire a professional circumcizer?

It is probably part of the waterproofing. Cutting it off may cancel any
warranty for water damage.

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<14dr19gwykok4.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17242&group=comp.mobile.android#17242

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 00:25:05 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 05:25 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?
>
> The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
> cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
> I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
> but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
> not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.
>
> Should I cut off the cover? Should I hire a professional circumcizer?

Yes, there are silicone plugs for the USB and headset ports to keep
filth from packing inside. They just push into the port holes. Go to
wherever is your favorite e-tailer to search on "phone dust plug".

Re: cover for USB charging jack

<sbcjke$rck$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17244&group=comp.mobile.android#17244

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:42:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:D/Rlt/vASdKrHis8Kms3H7Rs238=
 by: Chris - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:42 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:52:55 -0700, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/27/2021 12:16 PM, micky wrote:
>>> Does the USB charging jack on an android phone get dirty and not work?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> The case for the new phone includes a cover for the jack, and before I
>>> cut it off, I wanted to see if people have found a need for it. Unless
>>> I'm on vacation, I only use the phone for a few hours a few days a week,
>>> but/and I always carry it my pocket. Some lint and dirt in there but
>>> not too much. Never had a problem with the jack.
>>>
>>> Should I cut off the cover?
>>
>> No.
>
> Wow, they actually sell covers for not only the USB jack but the
> earphone jack too.

This isn't new. I had a "waterproof" Sony walkman that had a rubber cover
for the headphone jack.