Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Subject: iMac Thunderbolt 4 to: Monitor HDMI _or_ DisplayPort?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:21:04 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:21 UTC

Currently I'm connected from the iMac M3 to the side monitor Samsung 27"
display using TB4 to HDMI.

Occasionally, the 'connection' takes a while so I'm stuck having to move
app windows from the iMac display over to the side monitor. Sometimes
(once per week ish) I have to disconnect the cable and re-connect to get
it to 'hook' up again.

Question: I notice this monitor also has a DisplayPort input and wonder
if it may be better behaved than HDMI in this respect?

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.