That wouldn't be good enough. -- Larry Wall in <199710131621.JAA14907@wall.org>

devel / comp.sys.acorn.apps / Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Harriet Bazley
+* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Chris Newman
|`- Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Kevin Wells
`* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Kevin Wells
 `* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Richard Porter
  `* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Kevin Wells
   `* Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Keith Pascall
    `- Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03Kevin Wells

1
Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<693804f95a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1721&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1721

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 19:50:00 +0100
 by: Harriet Bazley - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:50 UTC

On 23 Oct 2023 as I do recall,
Kevin Wells wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Train timetable application covering Great Britain for RISC OS called
> TrainTimes has been upgraded to version 2.03
>
> New in this version is that if wget has not been seen by the filer the
> buttons in the window informing you of this now work, an idiotic
> oversight from me.

I accidentally managed to confirm that this is working OK. :-D

> The new feature in this version is that you can now get the train
> operator information by clicking on the operator icon in any window,
> also from the Station Info window from the more info icon.

Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

We will release no software before its time.

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<5af90f2c7bmec@npost.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1722&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1722

From: mec...@npost.uk (Chris Newman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 21:49:38 +0100
 by: Chris Newman - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 20:49 UTC

In article <693804f95a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23 Oct 2023 as I do recall,
> Kevin Wells wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > My Train timetable application covering Great Britain for RISC OS called
> > TrainTimes has been upgraded to version 2.03
> >
> > New in this version is that if wget has not been seen by the filer the
> > buttons in the window informing you of this now work, an idiotic
> > oversight from me.

> I accidentally managed to confirm that this is working OK. :-D

> > The new feature in this version is that you can now get the train
> > operator information by clicking on the operator icon in any window,
> > also from the Station Info window from the more info icon.

> Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)
Wow! The map opened in about 2 seconds in RiscOSM on my FAST machine.
Spectacular!

--
Chris

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<b83885f95a.Kevin@Kevsoft>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1727&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1727

From: kev...@kevsoft.co.uk (Kevin Wells)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:19:02 +0100
 by: Kevin Wells - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:19 UTC

In message <693804f95a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

>On 23 Oct 2023 as I do recall,
> Kevin Wells wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My Train timetable application covering Great Britain for RISC OS called
>> TrainTimes has been upgraded to version 2.03
>>
>> New in this version is that if wget has not been seen by the filer the
>> buttons in the window informing you of this now work, an idiotic
>> oversight from me.
>
>I accidentally managed to confirm that this is working OK. :-D
>

>> The new feature in this version is that you can now get the train
>> operator information by clicking on the operator icon in any window,
>> also from the Station Info window from the more info icon.
>

>Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)

Thanks but NetSurf is not involved as it uses wget to download the pdf
file and the application runs the pdf file.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<6ebd85f95a.Kevin@Kevsoft>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1728&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1728

From: kev...@kevsoft.co.uk (Kevin Wells)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:24:42 +0100
 by: Kevin Wells - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:24 UTC

In message <5af90f2c7bmec@npost.uk>
Chris Newman <mec@npost.uk> wrote:

>In article <693804f95a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
> Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 23 Oct 2023 as I do recall,
>> Kevin Wells wrote:
>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > My Train timetable application covering Great Britain for RISC OS called
>> > TrainTimes has been upgraded to version 2.03
>> >
>> > New in this version is that if wget has not been seen by the filer the
>> > buttons in the window informing you of this now work, an idiotic
>> > oversight from me.
>
>> I accidentally managed to confirm that this is working OK. :-D
>

>> > The new feature in this version is that you can now get the train
>> > operator information by clicking on the operator icon in any window,
>> > also from the Station Info window from the more info icon.
>

>> Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)
>Wow! The map opened in about 2 seconds in RiscOSM on my FAST machine.
>Spectacular!

The network map is a pdf file, the station info map is the one RiscOSM
will use as the TrainTimes creates a gpx file and runs it when the map
option is clicked.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
carpe cervisium
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, fall be'ind,"

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<f18972fa5a.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1730&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1730

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ric...@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 14:31:10 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 13:31 UTC

The date being 26 Oct 2023, Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> decided to
write:

>>Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)

> Thanks but NetSurf is not involved as it uses wget to download the pdf
> file and the application runs the pdf file.

I'm having problems getting it to run. If I try to open !TrainTimes I get:

wget: Unrecognised option ™™ca™certificate=InetDBus ...
Usage...

I have downloaded the latest wget.

If I continue the window quits and I get "Handle is either illegal or has
been closed at line 1459."

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<059684fa5a.Kevin@Kevsoft>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1731&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1731

From: kev...@kevsoft.co.uk (Kevin Wells)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 17:48:17 +0100
 by: Kevin Wells - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:48 UTC

In message <f18972fa5a.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>The date being 26 Oct 2023, Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> decided to
>write:
>
>>>Looking good, thanks (and the 'download network map' works in Netsurf!)
>
>> Thanks but NetSurf is not involved as it uses wget to download the pdf
>> file and the application runs the pdf file.
>
>I'm having problems getting it to run. If I try to open !TrainTimes I get:
>
>wget: Unrecognised option ??ca?certificate=InetDBus ...
>Usage...

There should be no question marks

If you send me the files the following files log and obey from
TrainTimes directory inside !Boot.scrap I can have a look, I guess that
you have either no CertData file or is out of date in
!Boot.Resources.!Internet.files if so the following link is what is
required:

<https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem>

Just rename the file CertData and put it in !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files

If your one is out of date and you send it to me so that I can check
what to check for

Thanks.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
carpe cervisium
Bring me my chariot of fire!

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<bdd8ffb5a%klp@klp.plus.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1732&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1732

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:27:40 +0000
From: klp...@klpascall.plus.com (Keith Pascall)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
 by: Keith Pascall - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:27 UTC

In message <059684fa5a.Kevin@Kevsoft>
Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <f18972fa5a.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
> Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
>
> >The date being 26 Oct 2023, Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> decided to
> >write:

> >> Thanks but NetSurf is not involved as it uses wget to download the pdf
> >> file and the application runs the pdf file.
> >
> >I'm having problems getting it to run. If I try to open !TrainTimes I get:
> >
> >wget: Unrecognised option ??ca?certificate=InetDBus ...
> >Usage...
>
> There should be no question marks
>
> If you send me the files the following files log and obey from
> TrainTimes directory inside !Boot.scrap I can have a look, I guess that
> you have either no CertData file or is out of date in
> !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files if so the following link is what is
> required:
>
> <https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem>
>
> Just rename the file CertData and put it in !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files
>
> If your one is out of date and you send it to me so that I can check
> what to check for
>
> Thanks.
> >
> >I have downloaded the latest wget.
> >
> >If I continue the window quits and I get "Handle is either illegal or has
> >been closed at line 1459."

I too have been unable to get any of the version 2 to work via Virtual
RPC-AdjustSA. I do not know if it should work under VA. !Wget is in the
same directory as !TrainTimes and API details are set up.

I have tried the above advice and found the file did not exist so I
added it. Still not working.

It will load, and via the Icon menu, can add and load new stations but
as soon as I try to run the program I get the error 'Unknown or missing
variable at line 4265' with only the option to quit.

Have I got something wrong or am I missing something? Version 1 works
OK.

Regards, Keith
--
Keith Pascall

Re: Get Train Operator with TrainTimes 2.03

<dcaea8fb5a.Kevin@Kevsoft>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1733&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1733

From: kev...@kevsoft.co.uk (Kevin Wells)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:58:46 GMT
 by: Kevin Wells - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:58 UTC

In message <bdd8ffb5a%klp@klp.plus.net>
Keith Pascall <klp@klpascall.plus.com> wrote:

>In message <059684fa5a.Kevin@Kevsoft>
> Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <f18972fa5a.news@user.minijem.plus.com>
>> Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The date being 26 Oct 2023, Kevin Wells <kev@kevsoft.co.uk> decided to
>> >write:

>> >I'm having problems getting it to run. If I try to open !TrainTimes I get:
>> >
>> >wget: Unrecognised option ??ca?certificate=InetDBus ...
>> >Usage...
>>
>> There should be no question marks
>>
>> If you send me the files the following files log and obey from
>> TrainTimes directory inside !Boot.scrap I can have a look, I guess that
>> you have either no CertData file or is out of date in
>> !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files if so the following link is what is
>> required:
>>
>> <https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem>
>>
>> Just rename the file CertData and put it in !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files
>>
>> If your one is out of date and you send it to me so that I can check
>> what to check for
>>
>> Thanks.
>> >
>> >I have downloaded the latest wget.
>> >
>> >If I continue the window quits and I get "Handle is either illegal or has
>> >been closed at line 1459."
>>

>I too have been unable to get any of the version 2 to work via Virtual
>RPC-AdjustSA. I do not know if it should work under VA. !Wget is in the
>same directory as !TrainTimes and API details are set up.

No reason for it not to I hope.

>I have tried the above advice and found the file did not exist so I
>added it. Still not working.
>
>It will load, and via the Icon menu, can add and load new stations but
>as soon as I try to run the program I get the error 'Unknown or missing
>variable at line 4265' with only the option to quit.

Inside scrap there is a directory called TrainTimes inside that there
should be a file called log if you send it to me I will have a look to
see what is wrong.

>Have I got something wrong or am I missing something? Version 1 works
>OK.

They must of re done the api as it stopped working so that is the reason
for the new api provider.

--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
carpe cervisium
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;