From: mic...@BADPOET.remove-ba4-this (Mickey)
Subject: Greetings
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:39:16 -0500
 by: Mickey - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 01:39 UTC

Hi Y'all. My old bbs (mystic) had a catatrophic crash around 6 months ago, and I've just installed the latest release of Synchronet. My personal life became quite hectic as well. In any case, I just wanted to say how much I like this software. It looks real good even though it's still very stock. Easy to install as well. Rob and the boy's have done a great job here.

I return you to the regular chat. :-)

Mick

---
■ Synchronet ■ Bad Poetry Blues - centralontarioremote.com:2300
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Greetings

<638C426E.7705.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17361&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#17361

From: mro...@BBSESINF.remove-wel-this (MRO)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 00:47:10 -0600
 by: MRO - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 06:47 UTC

To: Mickey
Re: Greetings
By: Mickey to All on Sat Dec 03 2022 08:39 pm

> Hi Y'all. My old bbs (mystic) had a catatrophic crash around 6 months ago,
> and I've just installed the latest release of Synchronet. My personal life
> became quite hectic as well. In any case, I just wanted to say how much I
> like this software. It looks real good even though it's still very stock.
> Easy to install as well. Rob and the boy's have done a great job here.
>
> I return you to the regular chat. :-)

i recommend that if you are just starting out, use that renegade menu shell
and just make some screens for your bbs. then go into text.dat and change the colors. despite what a lot of people say, you do NOT have to be a programmer to use synchronet.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Greetings

<638C95B1.48550.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17362&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#17362

From: al.der...@1:267/157.remove-eza-this (Al DeRosa)
Subject: Re: Greetings
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 07:39:36 -0500
 by: Al DeRosa - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 12:39 UTC

To: Mickey
On 04 Dec 2022, MRO said the following...

MR> i recommend that if you are just starting out, use that renegade menu
MR> shell and just make some screens for your bbs. then go into text.dat
MR> and change the colors. despite what a lot of people say, you do NOT
MR> have to be a programmer to use synchronet.

Excellent advice from MRO, Synchro at first looks pretty daunting, but it really isn't the text.dat is simple to play with and the more you play with the underhood stuff the easier the software is..

.... There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/15 (Linux/64)
* Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (1:267/157)