lp1 on fire -- One of the more obfuscated kernel messages

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

SubjectAuthor
* CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityIndira
+* Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityYour Name
|`* Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityIndira
| `- Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityAlan
+- Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityAlan
`- Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS VulnerabilityJörg Lorenz

1
CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upjkla$13adk$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17361&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17361

From: ind...@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 02:21:54 +0530
 by: Indira - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 20:51 UTC

The government says, yet again, the iPhone & Mac are riddled with exploits
https://thehackernews.com/2024/02/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-of.html

As usual, the U.S. Government again issued a 21 Days To Comply Warning
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2024/02/01/iphone-under-attack-us-government-issues-21-days-to-comply-warning/

CISA also warns of patched iPhone kernel bugs now exploited in attacks
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cisa-warns-of-patched-iphone-kernel-bug-now-exploited-in-attacks/

The iPhone always has more than ten times the number of exploits
https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

Here's the list of devices at highest risk of this latest exploits
https://www.wionews.com/india-news/india-warns-apple-users-of-major-cyber-attack-heres-list-of-devices-at-highest-risk-686112

Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upjl9l$2osr3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17362&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17362

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:02:45 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:02 UTC

On 2024-02-02 21:21:54 +0000, Indira said:

> The government says, yet again, the iPhone & Mac are riddled with exploits
> https://thehackernews.com/2024/02/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-of.html
>
> As usual, the U.S. Government again issued a 21 Days To Comply Warning
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2024/02/01/iphone-under-attack-us-government-issues-21-days-to-comply-warning/
>

> CISA also warns of patched iPhone kernel bugs now exploited in attacks
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cisa-warns-of-patched-iphone-kernel-bug-now-exploited-in-attacks/
>

> The iPhone always has more than ten times the number of exploits
> https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog
>
> Here's the list of devices at highest risk of this latest exploits
> https://www.wionews.com/india-news/india-warns-apple-users-of-major-cyber-attack-heres-list-of-devices-at-highest-risk-686112

More scaremongering bollocks from the anti-Apple know-nothings and
another name-changing troll added to the killfile. :-\

Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upjlt6$13chh$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17363&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17363

From: ind...@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 02:43:10 +0530
 by: Indira - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:13 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> More scaremongering bollocks

Why are you saying the government & security agencies are scare mongering?
"The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
on Wednesday added a high-severity flaw impacting iOS, iPadOS, macOS,
tvOS, and watchOS to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities (KEV) catalog,
based on evidence of active exploitation"
https://thehackernews.com/2024/02/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-of.html

What about the references cited are you claiming isn't completely true?

Federal Agency Issues Yet Another Security Warning for Apple Devices
https://www.ntd.com/federal-agency-issues-security-warning-for-apple-devices-gives-three-weeks-to-comply_970589.html

FBI Director's warning, Yet another Apple flaw warning, Pentagon breach
https://cisoseries.com/cyber-security-headlines-fbi-directors-warning-apple-flaw-warning-pentagon-supplier-breach/

CISA adds yet another Apple security hole to its known exploits catalog
https://securityaffairs.com/158412/security/cisa-apple-bug-to-known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog.html

CISA Warns of Yet Another Active Exploitation in Apple iOS and macOS
https://owlysec.com/vulnerabilities/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-in-apple-ios-and-macos

Given iOS & macOS are always riddled with WebKit & kernel exploits,
which of those cites are you claiming is "scaremongering bollocks"?

Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upjm8j$2p1kv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17364&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17364

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS
Vulnerability
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 13:19:14 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

On 2024-02-02 12:51, Indira wrote:
> The government says, yet again, the iPhone & Mac are riddled with exploits
> https://thehackernews.com/2024/02/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-of.html

Oh, look!

Another Arlen nym!

Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upjn61$2p1kv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17365&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17365

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Vulnerability
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 13:34:57 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:34 UTC

On 2024-02-02 13:13, Indira wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> More scaremongering bollocks
>
> Why are you saying the government & security agencies are scare mongering?
>  "The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)   on
> Wednesday added a high-severity flaw impacting iOS, iPadOS, macOS,
>   tvOS, and watchOS to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities (KEV) catalog,
>   based on evidence of active exploitation"

"This issue is fixed in macOS Ventura 13.1, watchOS 9.2, iOS 16.2 and
iPadOS 16.2, tvOS 16.2. "

<https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-48618>

For the record:

macOS Ventura 13.1 was released in December, 2022; more than a year ago.

watchOS 9.2 was released in December, 2022; more than a year ago.

iOS 16.2 was released in December, 2022; more than a year ago.

iPadOS 16.2 was released in December, 2022; more than a year ago.

tvOS 16.2 was released in December, 2022; more than a year ago.

My previous source goes on:

"Interestingly, patches for the flaw were released on December 13, 2022,
with the release of iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2, macOS Ventura 13.1, tvOS
16.2, and watchOS 9.2, although it was only publicly disclosed more than
a year later on January 9, 2024."

So, yeah: A year later, this is just scaremongering...

....but YOU are the one doing it.

Re: CISA Warns of Active Exploitation Apple iOS and macOS Vulnerability

<upubpm$12p4f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17375&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17375

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Vulnerability
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 23:28:06 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 22:28 UTC

Am 02.02.24 um 21:51 schrieb Indira:
> The government says, yet again, the iPhone & Mac are riddled with exploits
> https://thehackernews.com/2024/02/cisa-warns-of-active-exploitation-of.html
>
> As usual, the U.S. Government again issued a 21 Days To Comply Warning
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2024/02/01/iphone-under-attack-us-government-issues-21-days-to-comply-warning/
>
> CISA also warns of patched iPhone kernel bugs now exploited in attacks
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cisa-warns-of-patched-iphone-kernel-bug-now-exploited-in-attacks/
>
> The iPhone always has more than ten times the number of exploits
> https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog
>
> Here's the list of devices at highest risk of this latest exploits
> https://www.wionews.com/india-news/india-warns-apple-users-of-major-cyber-attack-heres-list-of-devices-at-highest-risk-686112

Hi Arlen! You are not very clever at all!

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)