Pascal is a language for children wanting to be naughty. -- Dr. Kasi Ananthanarayanan

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

SubjectAuthor
* Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletAoli
+* Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletAndy Burns
|`* Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletAoli
| `* Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletAndy Burns
|  `- Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletThe Real Bev
`- Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android TabletDavid Taylor

1
Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<sbq4of$1ql7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17380&group=comp.mobile.android#17380

From: Aol...@Aoli.com (Aoli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 09:54:41 -0700
 by: Aoli - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 16:54 UTC

Is there a webcam setup that I can directly Hook eternal webcam to
Android Tablet ?

I need to have the camera free to move without regard to the tablet
position.

Prefer not bluetooth or wifi connection due to added complications.

Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<ikblp1Fh7hnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17381&group=comp.mobile.android#17381

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 18:40:49 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 17:40 UTC

Aoli wrote:

> I need to have the camera free to move without regard to the tablet
> position.

Do you mean PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) control of the camera?

Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<sbqe38$3b5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17382&group=comp.mobile.android#17382

From: Aol...@Aoli.com (Aoli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 12:34:03 -0700
 by: Aoli - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 19:34 UTC

No I mean that I can hold the camera in one hand and aim it where I want
while holding the tablet in the other hand and looking at the screen.

Andy Burns wrote:
> Aoli wrote:
>
>> I need to have the camera free to move without regard to the tablet
>> position.
>
> Do you mean PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) control of the camera?

Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<sbrf6o$6rl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17385&group=comp.mobile.android#17385

From: david-ta...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid (David Taylor)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:59:04 +0100
 by: David Taylor - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 04:59 UTC

On 03/07/2021 17:54, Aoli wrote:

> Is there a webcam setup that I can directly Hook eternal webcam to
> Android Tablet ?
>
> I need to have the camera free to move without regard to the tablet
> position.
>
> Prefer not bluetooth or wifi connection due to added complications.

There are Wi-Fi ones like:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inspection-Depstech-Waterproof-Borescope-Smartphone-Black/dp/B01NBFTAHE

but I don't know of any direct connect. Sorry.
--
Cheers,
David

Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<ikcun2Foo0dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17386&group=comp.mobile.android#17386

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 06:19:29 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:19 UTC

Aoli wrote:

> I mean that I can hold the camera in one hand and aim it where I want
> while holding the tablet in the other hand and looking at the screen.

Theoretically, android devices can use USB/UVC webcams, it has to be
enabled at build time, so whether that would be true for all tablets,
I'm not sure. Maybe borrow or buy a 2nd hand cheapie at first?

Re: Hook eternal webcam to Android Tablet

<sbri01$kr5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17387&group=comp.mobile.android#17387

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:46:39 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:46 UTC

On 07/03/2021 10:19 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
> Aoli wrote:
>
>> I mean that I can hold the camera in one hand and aim it where I want
>> while holding the tablet in the other hand and looking at the screen.
>
> Theoretically, android devices can use USB/UVC webcams, it has to be
> enabled at build time, so whether that would be true for all tablets,
> I'm not sure. Maybe borrow or buy a 2nd hand cheapie at first?

I've bought a couple of cheap (under $20) Chinese dental/ear cameras
with lights that connect to my Pixel2 via USB and an app. Sometimes you
have to try several apps, and being able to flip the image so you don't
have to move the camera the wrong way is essential. GoPro (and FauxPro)
cams work wirelessly, but possibly NOT with a given tablet or phone.
The 'Wasp' I got wouldn't work with the Moto G5, but was perfectly happy
with the Pixel2.

I'm amazed at just how good cheap cameras are now.

--
Cheers, Bev
There is no such thing as a foolproof device