Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A question for neurotypical white women and men everywhere who know my name, are reading this, and have met me:
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:03 UTC

You know who I am, and you know what happened to me. Why not write me an email and ask to talk about it? Do you have some sort of excuse for why it isn't inappropriate not to show the slightest shred of caring for someone you've known, who is disabled, and who has clearly had a tough time? I have indeed heard the "I don't have to do anything + no one has to do anything + it's not my job + it's not illegal for no one to speak to you + life isn't fair + suck it up" defense before. If I rebutted it accurately, it wouldn't sway you. You would think of a new excuse. You would say that someone else should do it, and that person is shirking her/his responsibilities, and why do you always have to do everything? Maybe you would point out that my skin isn't black.

At least consider what I'm saying in your own mind, if you can't bring yourself to talk about it out loud to me. Would you send me an email if it would save a loved one of yours from a disease? (Will you immediately tell yourself that of course I don't have the right mindset to do that and I'm not that good at math, because that's what someone who said they were good at math told you?)

devel / comp.theory / A question for neurotypical white women and men everywhere who know my name, are reading this, and have met me: