<lilo> Fairlight: udp is the light margarine of tcp/ip transport protocols :) -- Seen on #Linux

computers / comp.mobile.android / I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

SubjectAuthor
* I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxpaul
+* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxpaul
|`- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersFokke Nauta
`* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
 +* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersLewis
 |`- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxpaul
 `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  +- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  +* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargerssms
  |`* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  | `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  +* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  |+* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  ||+- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  ||+- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersJoerg Lorenz
  |  ||`* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargerssms
  |  || +- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxnospam
  |  || `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  ||  `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  ||   `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  ||    `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  ||     `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  ||      `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  ||       `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxPeter
  |  ||        `- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker
  |  |`- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersJoerg Lorenz
  |  `- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersJoerg Lorenz
  `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersJoerg Lorenz
   `* Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the boxpaul
    `- Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargersAlan Baker

Pages:12
I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc4enm$1oc4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17439&group=comp.mobile.android#17439

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 16:46:26 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 14:46 UTC

*I love Android's huge batteries and proper fast chargers in the box!*
<https://i.postimg.cc/sD2rWtSN/update02.jpg>

This is perfectly indicative of a comparison of iPhone to Android today.

Recently I picked up a handful of phones from T-Mobile, one of which was a
128GB iPhone 12 mini with, sadly, _no_ charger in the box and a laughably
puny battery, while the others were the free Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.

While the iPhone is constantly in need of charging given Apple has _never_
in its history ever shipped the correct fast charger for the iPhone 12 in
_any_ iPhone box (despite Apple's ridiculously false claims to the contrary)

The Android phone is almost _always_ at full (or almost full) charge!
I can't kill that thing!

Last night I left the video running all night (using the NewPipe YouTube
client, which also has value which is impossible on iOS), so the phone had
run down to around 3/4 battery strength, and yet I was still confident in
accepting the monthly security updates, without even connecting the fast
charger, knowing the huge 5000mAh battery can pretty much handle anything.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wx2z76tN/update01.jpg>

Even when I bother to put the Samsung on the fast charger, it charges so
super fast that I don't worry in the least about running down the battery.

It's yet one more thing to basically never have to worry about ever again.

In summary, what I love is sort of how I love that T-Mobile now gives me
unlimited everything (calls, data, text) and Samsung gives me, essentially,
super fast battery recharge any time I feel like recharging the battery.

What I love is *I don't have to worry things* that I used to worry about.

Unfortunately on the iPhone 12 mini the laughably puny battery is often low.
(The iPhone recipient is re-using her old iPhone 7 charger & old cables.)

This is perfectly indicative of a comparison of iPhone to Android today.
(Before I finish my coffee, likely the Android will be fully charged @100%.)
--
I own plenty of iPads and iPhones and Android phones now, and over the
years, so I know the difference in what each can and cannot do, and there's

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc4hah$100r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17440&group=comp.mobile.android#17440

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:30:36 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 15:30 UTC

> This is perfectly indicative of a comparison of iPhone to Android today.
> (Before I finish my coffee, likely the Android will be fully charged @100%.)

Yup. I haven't even _finished_ my morning thermos of coffee & I'm at 100%
<https://i.postimg.cc/fTCK0PZk/update03.jpg>

Even after running the smartphone nonstop all night on YouTube using
NewPipe, and after updating to the latest security updates, all off the
charger, the _correct_ fast charger _included_ in the box, has me at 100%.

Those of you who don't own an iPhone have no idea of what something as
simple as an operating system security update has on battery life, BTW.

Compare this to the iPhone, which, even at about half price, costs me over
four hundred dollars and it _still_ has to use that crappy old Apple slow
charger (with new cables - which I forgot to mention in the first post).

The total cost of the Android phone with the huge battery and with the
correct fast charger in the box (and with the sdslot which made transition
of old stored APKs trivial) and with an aux jack, etc., was about $30.

Better. Faster. Cheaper. Android.
Slower. Far more expensive. Far less functionality. iPhone.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc4js5$n62$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17442&group=comp.mobile.android#17442

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 09:13:57 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 16:13 UTC

On 2021-07-07 7:46 a.m., paul wrote:
> *I love Android's huge batteries and proper fast chargers in the box!*
> <https://i.postimg.cc/sD2rWtSN/update02.jpg>
>
> This is perfectly indicative of a comparison of iPhone to Android today.
>
> Recently I picked up a handful of phones from T-Mobile, one of which was a
> 128GB iPhone 12 mini with, sadly, _no_ charger in the box and a laughably
> puny battery, while the others were the free Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.

So you think that a phone with a volume of 62 cm^3 is going to have
comparable battery capacity to a phone with nearly twice that volume
(114 cm^3), do you?

Let's compare your Samsung Galaxy A32 to a phone of the same size

An iPhone 12... ...wait! Nope!

An iPhone 12 Max!

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3

iPhone 12 Max
160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3

And I thought you used to insist having a removable battery was essential.

> While the iPhone is constantly in need of charging given Apple has _never_
> in its history ever shipped the correct fast charger for the iPhone 12 in
> _any_ iPhone box (despite Apple's ridiculously false claims to the contrary)
>
> The Android phone is almost _always_ at full (or almost full) charge!
> I can't kill that thing!
>
> Last night I left the video running all night (using the NewPipe YouTube
> client, which also has value which is impossible on iOS), so the phone had
> run down to around 3/4 battery strength, and yet I was still confident in
> accepting the monthly security updates, without even connecting the fast
> charger, knowing the huge 5000mAh battery can pretty much handle anything.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/wx2z76tN/update01.jpg>
>
> Even when I bother to put the Samsung on the fast charger, it charges so
> super fast that I don't worry in the least about running down the battery.
>
> It's yet one more thing to basically never have to worry about ever again.
>
> In summary, what I love is sort of how I love that T-Mobile now gives me
> unlimited everything (calls, data, text) and Samsung gives me, essentially,
> super fast battery recharge any time I feel like recharging the battery.
>
> What I love is *I don't have to worry things* that I used to worry about.
>
> Unfortunately on the iPhone 12 mini the laughably puny battery is often low.
> (The iPhone recipient is re-using her old iPhone 7 charger & old cables.)
>
> This is perfectly indicative of a comparison of iPhone to Android today.
> (Before I finish my coffee, likely the Android will be fully charged @100%.)

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<slrnsebvcf.2kvb.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17446&group=comp.mobile.android#17446

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 19:16:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 19:16 UTC

In message <sc4js5$n62$1@dont-email.me> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
> On 2021-07-07 7:46 a.m., Shitstain wrote sme stupid shit:

> So you think that a phone with a volume of 62 cm^3 is going to have
> comparable battery capacity to a phone with nearly twice that volume
> (114 cm^3), do you?

No one with any sense at all cares one micron about battery CAPACITY.
What matters is how long the battery lasts, and even the ginormous
batteries on Androol devices lag far behind the iPhone in the only
metric that matters, how long can I go without charging my phone.

>> While the iPhone is constantly in need of charging

Another example of the lying shitstain lying.

Samsung phones NEED fast charging because they have to be recharge two
or three times a day. I can leave at 6am and get home at 10pm and not
charge my phone at all. And a Samsung phone is a worthless unsellable
piece of garbage in two years, when an iPhone is still going strong for
5 or 6 years with no problem. Samsung doesn’t care about ruining the
batteries because no one is going to care about that phone in 2 years
when it will be garbage you would be lucky to get $50 for.

--
TYPOS AR EHT FAULT OF GIN
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc500j$42q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17447&group=comp.mobile.android#17447

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:41:19 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 19:41 UTC

Lewis wrote on 07.07.2021 19:16
> No one with any sense at all cares one micron about battery CAPACITY.

ADULT OBSERVATION:
Nobody has _ever_ reproduced Apple's hugely exaggerated battery life claims.

FACTS:
*Apple lied about battery life*
<https://www.komando.com/gadgets/apple-lied-about-battery-life-heres-what-you-need-to-know/565479/>
"Apple's claimed battery life was 18% to 51% higher than what was
experienced in real-time use. This is an exceptionally high margin
of error, especially for such a prominent Silicon Valley company."
FACTS:
*Batteries: Apple betrayed its customers*
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/batterygate-apple-betrayed-its-customers-and-now-it-faces-a-world-of-hurt/>
"it now becomes very hard to trust the company to do anything above board.
Those shenanigans are now part and parcel of being an Apple customer."
FACTS:
*Your iPhone's battery life isn't as long as Apple says it is*
<https://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-battery-life-lower-than-apple-claims-report-2019-5>
"Apple significantly overstates the battery life of certain iPhone models"
FACTS:
*Apple On Over Exaggerated iPhone Battery Life: You're Testing It Wrong*
<https://appleosophy.com/2019/05/05/apple-on-over-exaggerated-iphone-battery-life-youre-testing-it-wrong/>
"the actual talk time of the iPhone XR is 51% less than Apple's claim"

Nobody has _ever_ reproduced any of Apple exaggerated battery life claims.
--
Notice how the apologists use fabricated hearsay to defend Apple's lies?
Why? I don't know why.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5aof$mk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17451&group=comp.mobile.android#17451

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 23:44:41 +0100
 by: Peter - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 22:44 UTC

Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
> Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
> 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3
>
> iPhone 12 Max
> 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3

That Samsung A32 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:114 is 44 to 1.
That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is 40 to 1.

The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5btv$6vo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17453&group=comp.mobile.android#17453

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 16:04:29 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 23:04 UTC

On 2021-07-07 3:44 p.m., Peter wrote:
> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
>> 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3
>>
>> iPhone 12 Max
>> 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3
>
> That Samsung A32 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:114 is 44 to 1.
> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is 40 to 1.
>
> The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
> Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.

What a profound misunderstanding of the situation.

Go away.

Think hard about it.

Then tell us why you were wrong.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5fm1$q3g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17455&group=comp.mobile.android#17455

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:08:30 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 00:08 UTC

On 7/7/2021 3:44 PM, Peter wrote:
> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
>> 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3
>>
>> iPhone 12 Max
>> 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3
>
> That Samsung A32 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:114 is 44 to 1.
> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is 40 to 1.
>
> The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
> Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.

The A32 is a mid-range phone, not a good comparison to the iPhone 12 Max.

In the Phone Arena battery test the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (5000mAH
battery) was at 10:29 while the iPhone 12 Pro Max (3687 mAh battery) was
at 8:37.
<https://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-12-Pro-Max-battery-life-test_id128422>.

So that is 22% greater battery life for the S20 Ultra, but with a 36%
higher capacity battery.

The S20 Ultra 5G is significantly larger than the iPhone 12 Pro Max:
S20 Ultra Dimensions: 76.0 x 166.9 x 8.8mm (112 cm³). 220g.
iPhone 12 Pro Max Dimensions: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4mm (93 cm³). 228g.

While the iPhone is significantly less volume (about 20%), it weighs
slightly more. This is rather odd considering the much smaller battery,
and significantly smaller screen on the 12 Pro Max.

The weight could go lower, and the battery life could improve, on future
Samsung phones with the Qualcomm 888 chipset since the modem will be
integrated. By the same token, the next iPhone should have an LTPO
screen like the S20 and S21, which will help battery life improve on the
iPhone, but the iPhone will still have to have a separate modem chip.
Once Apple has their own modem they can integrate it into the Bionic
chip, hopefully by the iPhone 14, and that will help battery life a little.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5i27$4t8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17456&group=comp.mobile.android#17456

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:49:10 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 00:49 UTC

On 2021-07-07 5:08 p.m., sms wrote:
> On 7/7/2021 3:44 PM, Peter wrote:
>> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>>> Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
>>> 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3
>>>
>>> iPhone 12 Max
>>> 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3
>>
>> That Samsung A32 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:114 is 44 to 1.
>> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is 40 to 1.
>>
>> The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
>> Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.
>
> The A32 is a mid-range phone, not a good comparison to the iPhone 12 Max.

It's an excellent comparison in physical size...

....which is the primary requirement for battery size.

> In the Phone Arena battery test the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (5000mAH
> battery) was at 10:29 while the iPhone 12 Pro Max (3687 mAh battery) was
> at 8:37.
> <https://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-12-Pro-Max-battery-life-test_id128422>.
>
> So that is 22% greater battery life for the S20 Ultra, but with a 36%
> higher capacity battery.
>
> The S20 Ultra 5G is significantly larger than the iPhone 12 Pro Max:
> S20 Ultra Dimensions: 76.0 x 166.9 x 8.8mm (112 cm³). 220g.
> iPhone 12 Pro Max Dimensions: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4mm (93 cm³). 228g.
>
> While the iPhone is significantly less volume (about 20%), it weighs
> slightly more. This is rather odd considering the much smaller battery,
> and significantly smaller screen on the 12 Pro Max.
>
> The weight could go lower, and the battery life could improve, on future
> Samsung phones with the Qualcomm 888 chipset since the modem will be
> integrated. By the same token, the next iPhone should have an LTPO
> screen like the S20 and S21, which will help battery life improve on the
> iPhone, but the iPhone will still have to have a separate modem chip.
> Once Apple has their own modem they can integrate it into the Bionic
> chip, hopefully by the iPhone 14, and that will help battery life a little.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5iu0$94k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17458&group=comp.mobile.android#17458

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 02:04:10 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 01:04 UTC

Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>>> The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
>>> Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.
>>
>> The A32 is a mid-range phone, not a good comparison to the iPhone 12 Max.
>
> It's an excellent comparison in physical size...
>
> ...which is the primary requirement for battery size.

The iPhone 12 Max was 10% more air in its battery than that midrange Samsung
using your own metric of using physical size of the phone to battery output.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:112 is 45 to 1.
That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is still only at 40 to 1.

Your own metric says iPhone batteries are more air than Samsung batteries.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5jlb$c2i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17459&group=comp.mobile.android#17459

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 18:16:27 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 01:16 UTC

On 2021-07-07 6:04 p.m., Peter wrote:

>>> The A32 is a mid-range phone, not a good comparison to the iPhone 12 Max.
>>
>> It's an excellent comparison in physical size...
>>
>> ...which is the primary requirement for battery size.
>
> The iPhone 12 Max was 10% more air in its battery than that midrange Samsung
> using your own metric of using physical size of the phone to battery output.

Wrong.

See if you can work out why on your own.

> The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:112 is 45 to 1.
> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is still only at 40 to 1.
>
> Your own metric says iPhone batteries are more air than Samsung batteries.

Here's a hint:

Is the battery the only thing inside the case?

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc5kaf$idc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17460&group=comp.mobile.android#17460

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 02:27:53 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 01:27 UTC

Alan Baker wrote on 08.07.2021 02:16
>> The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:112 is 45 to 1.
>> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is still only at 40 to 1.
>>
>> Your own metric says iPhone batteries are more air than Samsung batteries.
>>

> Here's a hint:
>
> Is the battery the only thing inside the case?

It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
Not me. You.

In all cases shown so far the iPhone size to capacity failed your own test.
Find a comparison where iPhone size to capacity does not fail your own test.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc62g2$gv7$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17462&group=comp.mobile.android#17462

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 22:29:38 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 05:29 UTC

On 2021-07-07 6:27 p.m., Peter wrote:
> Alan Baker wrote on 08.07.2021 02:16
>>> The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:112 is 45 to 1.
>>> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is still only at 40 to 1.
>>>
>>> Your own metric says iPhone batteries are more air than Samsung batteries.
>>>

>> Here's a hint:
>>
>> Is the battery the only thing inside the case?
>
> It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
> Not me. You.
>
> In all cases shown so far the iPhone size to capacity failed your own test.
> Find a comparison where iPhone size to capacity does not fail your own test.

And again, you have failed to understand.

Let me try another hint:

If a phone had no battery whatsoever...

....could it be made with zero volume?

If not, why not?

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc69kq$nva$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17463&group=comp.mobile.android#17463

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:31:37 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 07:31 UTC

Am 08.07.21 um 00:44 schrieb Peter:
> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.
>> 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm = 114 cm^3
>>
>> iPhone 12 Max
>> 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm = 93 cm^3
>
> That Samsung A32 5G mAh to size ratio of 5000:114 is 44 to 1.
> That iPhone 12 Max mAh to size ratio of 3687:93 is 40 to 1.
>
> The Samsung packed 10% more battery than Apple into the same space.
> Or the iPhone packed 10% more air into the battery than did Samsung.

You really do not understand what your are talking about.
The power consumption of the chip set and the battery management as well
as the energy density of the battery tell us more by factors.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc69on$nva$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17464&group=comp.mobile.android#17464

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:33:43 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 07:33 UTC

Am 08.07.21 um 03:04 schrieb Peter:

>>> The A32 is a mid-range phone, not a good comparison to the iPhone 12 Max.
>>
>> It's an excellent comparison in physical size...
>>
>> ...which is the primary requirement for battery size.
>
> The iPhone 12 Max was 10% more air in its battery than that midrange Samsung
> using your own metric of using physical size of the phone to battery output.

Totally irrelevant.
It only says that the Samsung is at least 10% less efficient than the
iPhone...

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc69q7$nva$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17465&group=comp.mobile.android#17465

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:34:31 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 07:34 UTC

Am 08.07.21 um 03:16 schrieb Alan Baker:
> On 2021-07-07 6:04 p.m., Peter wrote:>> Your own metric says iPhone batteries are more air than Samsung
batteries.

> Here's a hint:
>
> Is the battery the only thing inside the case?

*SIC*

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc69te$nva$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17466&group=comp.mobile.android#17466

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:36:14 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 07:36 UTC

Am 08.07.21 um 03:27 schrieb Peter:
> It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
> Not me. You.
>
> In all cases shown so far the iPhone size to capacity failed your own test.
> Find a comparison where iPhone size to capacity does not fail your own test.

You are stupid Troll to be polite.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc785j$gur$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17478&group=comp.mobile.android#17478

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:12:32 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 16:12 UTC

On 7/7/2021 6:27 PM, Peter wrote:

<snip>

> It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
> Not me. You.

Well to be fair, battery size is somewhat related to phone size since
screen size is related to phone size so there is some relevance to the
metric he came up with.

> In all cases shown so far the iPhone size to capacity failed your own test.
> Find a comparison where iPhone size to capacity does not fail your own test.

How about using a standard battery test and see how flagship phones of
the same generation, with similar dimensions, similar size screens,
identical modems, and similar performance processors, fare?

Galaxy S20 Plus (2020):
73.7 x 161.9 x 7.8mm (93cc), 186g
6.7" screen (3200 x 1440 pixels)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, Geekbench Multicore Score: 3039
Qualcomm x55 modem
Battery capacity: 4500mAH
Phone Arena battery test: 12:40 (60Hz), 8:30 (120Hz)
Geekbench 5 Multicore Score: 3039

iPhone 12 Pro Max (2020):
78.1 x 160.8 x 7.4mm (93cc), 228g
6.7" screen (2778 x 1284 pixels)
A14 Bionic processor, Geekbench Multicore Score: 3918
Qualcomm x55 modem
Battery capacity: 3687mAH
Phone Arena battery test: 8:37 (60Hz), (no 120Hz)

The iPhone 13 should do better than the 12 because it will have an LTPO
screen and the Qualcomm X60 5G modem. But the flagship Android phones
are moving to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 which integrates the 5G modem
into the SOC, which will likely have both power and speed benefits,
though thermal management may be more challenging.

It is interesting that the two phones are almost exactly the same volume
(when rounded to nearest cc) but the S20 Plus fits in a 22% higher
capacity battery and yet the iPhone weighs 23% more. Also, the S20 Plus
screen has 29% more pixels, though the iPhone's processor benchmarks at
29% faster.

23 iOS Features Some of Which that [many] Android Users Wish they Had
85 Android Features Some of Which that [many] iOS Users Wish they Had
<https://tinyurl.com/fzje7h9e> or
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE>
✓ Extensively Referenced and 100% Fact Checked ✓

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<080720211237352802%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17480&group=comp.mobile.android#17480

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:37:35 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 16:37 UTC

In article <sc785j$gur$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Galaxy S20 Plus (2020):
> Phone Arena battery test: 12:40 (60Hz), 8:30 (120Hz)

yet another checklist item which has significant downsides.

apple's version, known as promotion, has been in ipads for several
years. which dynamically adjusts the refresh and sampling rates to as
much as 240 hz, depending on content.

there is no need for high refresh rates when looking at static images
or text. it just wastes battery. however, when gaming or using the
apple pencil, it's ramped up.

the reason it isn't in iphones is because necessary parts are not yet
available in the quantities needed (apple sells ~300 mil iphones per
year). this is compounded by the global chip shortage, which is
unrelated and may affect other features.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7ddu$ldd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17485&group=comp.mobile.android#17485

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:42:33 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 17:42 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> Well to be fair, battery size is somewhat related to phone size since
> screen size is related to phone size so there is some relevance to the
> metric he came up with.

A bigger phone will have a bigger battery only if the OEM wants it to.

> How about using a standard battery test and see how flagship phones of
> the same generation, with similar dimensions, similar size screens,
> identical modems, and similar performance processors, fare?

A fair objective test of similar phone size to battery life is valid,
which is why the aftermarket always runs objective tests of battery life.

That Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus lasted 12:40@60Hz (1-1/2 times more, 148%)
That iPhone 12 Pro Max lasted 8:37@60Hz (it lasted 2/3rds less, 67.5%)

> The iPhone 13 should do better than the 12 because it will have an LTPO
> screen and the Qualcomm X60 5G modem. But the flagship Android phones
> are moving to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 which integrates the 5G modem
> into the SOC, which will likely have both power and speed benefits,
> though thermal management may be more challenging.

Nothing will save a phone that has a battery which is too small for it.

> It is interesting that the two phones are almost exactly the same volume
> (when rounded to nearest cc) but the S20 Plus fits in a 22% higher
> capacity battery and yet the iPhone weighs 23% more.

The OEM decides how much battery the customer will accept as too small,
which is why the aftermarket always runs objective tests of battery life.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7e1g$o39$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17486&group=comp.mobile.android#17486

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 10:52:48 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 17:52 UTC

On 2021-07-08 10:42 a.m., Peter wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>> Well to be fair, battery size is somewhat related to phone size since
>> screen size is related to phone size so there is some relevance to the
>> metric he came up with.
>
> A bigger phone will have a bigger battery only if the OEM wants it to.
>
>> How about using a standard battery test and see how flagship phones of
>> the same generation, with similar dimensions, similar size screens,
>> identical modems, and similar performance processors, fare?
>
> A fair objective test of similar phone size to battery life is valid,
> which is why the aftermarket always runs objective tests of battery life.
>
>> Galaxy S20 Plus (2020):
>> Phone Arena battery test: 12:40 (60Hz), 8:30 (120Hz)
>> iPhone 12 Pro Max (2020):
>> Phone Arena battery test: 8:37 (60Hz), (no 120Hz)
>
> That Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus lasted 12:40@60Hz (1-1/2 times more, 148%)
> That iPhone 12 Pro Max lasted 8:37@60Hz (it lasted 2/3rds less, 67.5%)
>
>> The iPhone 13 should do better than the 12 because it will have an LTPO
>> screen and the Qualcomm X60 5G modem. But the flagship Android phones
>> are moving to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 which integrates the 5G modem
>> into the SOC, which will likely have both power and speed benefits,
>> though thermal management may be more challenging.
>
> Nothing will save a phone that has a battery which is too small for it.
>
>> It is interesting that the two phones are almost exactly the same volume
>> (when rounded to nearest cc) but the S20 Plus fits in a 22% higher
>> capacity battery and yet the iPhone weighs 23% more.
>
> The OEM decides how much battery the customer will accept as too small,
> which is why the aftermarket always runs objective tests of battery life.

Have you figured out why examining the ratio of phone volume to battery
capacity doesn't work yet?

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7eig$t8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17487&group=comp.mobile.android#17487

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:02:03 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:02 UTC

Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
> Have you figured out why examining the ratio of phone volume to battery
> capacity doesn't work yet?

It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
Not me. You.

OEMs carefully calculate the cheapest battery their customers will accept.

The sensible metric is the one always tested & reported by the aftermarket.
Battery life under similar conditions for similarly priced/sized phones.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus @60Hz lasted 1-1/2 times longer (148%) than did
the similar sized iPhone 12 Pro Max @60Hz (67.5% less, or 2/3rds less time).

In all cases shown so far the iPhone battery life failed these comparisons.
Find a comparison where iPhone size to battery life does not fail the tests.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7ese$ue5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17488&group=comp.mobile.android#17488

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 11:07:10 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:07 UTC

On 2021-07-08 11:02 a.m., Peter wrote:
> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> Have you figured out why examining the ratio of phone volume to battery
>> capacity doesn't work yet?
>
> It was you who came up with that phone size to battery capacity metric.
> Not me. You.

No, actually, that was you.

You ASSUMED that the statement:

'It's an excellent comparison in physical size which is the primary
requirement for battery size."

....establishes a straight ratio.

It doesn't.

Have you figured out why yet?

> OEMs carefully calculate the cheapest battery their customers will accept.
>
> The sensible metric is the one always tested & reported by the aftermarket.
> Battery life under similar conditions for similarly priced/sized phones.
>
> The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus @60Hz lasted 1-1/2 times longer (148%) than did
> the similar sized iPhone 12 Pro Max @60Hz (67.5% less, or 2/3rds less time).
>
> In all cases shown so far the iPhone battery life failed these comparisons.
> Find a comparison where iPhone size to battery life does not fail the tests.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7f8k$27v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17489&group=comp.mobile.android#17489

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:13:50 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:13 UTC

Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
> Have you figured out why yet?

OEMs carefully calculate the cheapest battery they can put in a phone that
their customer will accept at the target market price & display size point.

Find a comparison where similar iPhone to similar Android phone comparisons
do not fail battery life tests as reported by reliable aftermarket outfits.

Re: I love smartphone huge batteries with the correct fast chargers in the box

<sc7fc4$24c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17490&group=comp.mobile.android#17490

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
in the box
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 11:15:32 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 18:15 UTC

On 2021-07-08 11:13 a.m., Peter wrote:
> Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
>> Have you figured out why yet?
>
> OEMs carefully calculate the cheapest battery they can put in a phone that
> their customer will accept at the target market price & display size point.
>
> Find a comparison where similar iPhone to similar Android phone comparisons
> do not fail battery life tests as reported by reliable aftermarket outfits.

So, no: you still haven't figured it out.

There are other components inside a phone aside from the battery you know.

That was a hint.