From: anton.sh...@SYNCNIX.remove-cp7-this (Anton Shepelev)
Subject: Re: Box-drawing characters 182 and 199 absent in syncdraw
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 00:16:12 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 21:16 UTC

MRO to Anton Shepelev:

AS>> Ouch -- you have font smoothing (aka BlearType)
AS>> on, which is so UnANSIstematic. Please, take a
AS>> closer look

MR> and you are super wordy. those characters are
MR> ascii, not ansi.

I meant the general aesthetics of ANSI-art, and no,
those characters are not part of the ASCII 7-bit en-
coding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#/media/File:USASCII_code_chart.png

AS>> Please, take a closer look at the characters in
AS>> `syncdraw' and in the terminal win- dow, for they
AS>> are different. The ones in the terminal are those
AS>> that I seek, and do not find, in the ANSI editor.
AS>> The ones in `syncdraw' are ## 185 and 204.

MR> oh, now i know what you mean. i was drowned a bub-
MR> bling brook of babble.

Is my writing *that* bad?

MR> just use a different ansi editor. or contact the
MR> author. nobody uses mysticdraw/syncdraw so they
MR> didn't notice.

I will try. This being Synchronet, I thought `sync-
draw' would be a bit more popular here...

MR> get a copy of thedraw registered
MR> https://i.imgur.com/S4YJ4KC.png

I never managed to get a properly registered, rathen
than brutally cracked, copy of the latest version of
TheDraw. I have tried some that claimed to be "regis-
tered", but they were either old, or buggy, or
cracked, or all of those. Futhermore, I prefer a Free
program to a proprietary one.

---
� Synchronet � My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Box-drawing characters 182 and 199 absent in syncdraw

<63BDEF2F.7888.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17562&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#17562

From: mro...@BBSESINF.remove-a4d-this (MRO)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 17:05:19 -0600
 by: MRO - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 23:05 UTC

To: Anton Shepelev
Re: Re: Box-drawing characters 182 and 199 absent in syncdraw
By: Anton Shepelev to All on Wed Jan 11 2023 12:16 am

> I meant the general aesthetics of ANSI-art, and no,
> those characters are not part of the ASCII 7-bit en-
> coding:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#/media/File:USASCII_code_chart.png dude, do you realize that wikipedia is just a website that anybody can edit. that's high ascii.

> I will try. This being Synchronet, I thought `sync-
> draw' would be a bit more popular here...

it's not.

> I never managed to get a properly registered, rathen
> than brutally cracked, copy of the latest version of
> TheDraw. I have tried some that claimed to be "regis-
> tered", but they were either old, or buggy, or

there is a registered version of thedraw out there with additional
files that go with the registered version. it's not 'brutally cracked'. there is also another copy out there where it's an old version hexedited to seem like the last version. and did you just call something involved with bbsing old?
the bbs hobby IS old.

> cracked, or all of those. Futhermore, I prefer a Free
> program to a proprietary one.

you get what you pay for. enjoy. there's also a lot of other ansi editors
you could use.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::