Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.

devel / comp.sys.acorn.apps / Re: html table to csv

SubjectAuthor
* html table to csvBrian Jordan
+* Re: html table to csvPaul Sprangers
|`- Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
+* Re: html table to csvChris Newman
|`* Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
| `* Re: html table to csvJean-Michel
|  `- Re: html table to csvJean-Michel
+- Re: html table to csvChris Newman
+* Re: html table to csvHarriet Bazley
|`* Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
| `* Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
|  `* Re: html table to csvHarriet Bazley
|   `* Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
|    `- Re: html table to csvHarriet Bazley
+* Re: html table to csvRichard Torrens (News)
|+- Re: html table to csvBrian Jordan
|`* Re: html table to csvHarriet Bazley
| `* Re: html table to csvRichard Torrens (News)
|  `- Re: html table to csvHarriet Bazley
`* Re: html table to csvVince M Hudd
 `- Re: html table to csvVince M Hudd

1
html table to csv

<5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1737&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1737

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: html table to csv
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 15:44:21 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:44 UTC

I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and PrintPDF
to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz onwards is tried
and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the table to csv bit less
so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
is there such a thing?
I am aware of some online stuff under Windows which might help but would
really like to do the whole job under RISC OS. Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<5afc8f291dPaul@sprie.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1738&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1738

From: Pau...@sprie.nl (Paul Sprangers)
Subject: Re: html table to csv
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:56:12 +0100 (Custom)
 by: Paul Sprangers - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:56 UTC

In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:

> It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
> needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
> is there such a thing?

You might give !ConvText a try. It's at
https://riscos.sprie.nl/sprang.riscos/Downloads/ConvText.zip

Paul

--
https://riscos.sprie.nl

Re: html table to csv

<5afc8feb80brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1739&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1739

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:04:30 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:04 UTC

In article <5afc8f291dPaul@sprie.nl>,
Paul Sprangers <Paul@sprie.nl> wrote:
Thanks

[Snip]

> You might give !ConvText a try. It's at
> https://riscos.sprie.nl/sprang.riscos/Downloads/ConvText.zip

> Paul

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<5afc927659mec@npost.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1740&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1740

From: mec...@npost.uk (Chris Newman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:32:16 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Chris Newman - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:32 UTC

In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
<brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and
> PrintPDF to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz
> onwards is tried and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the
> table to csv bit less so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty
> searching and replacing will be needed at first unless there is a
> program somewhere which might help me; is there such a thing? I am
> aware of some online stuff under Windows which might help but would
> really like to do the whole job under RISC OS. Any thoughts
> appreciated. Thanks B

CSV Edit Bernard Veasey

CSVamp Ray Favre

--
Chris

Re: html table to csv

<5afc935a22mec@npost.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1741&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1741

From: mec...@npost.uk (Chris Newman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:41:59 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Chris Newman - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:41 UTC

In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
<brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and
> PrintPDF to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz
> onwards is tried and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the
> table to csv bit less so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty
> searching and replacing will be needed at first unless there is a
> program somewhere which might help me; is there such a thing? I am
> aware of some online stuff under Windows which might help but would
> really like to do the whole job under RISC OS. Any thoughts
> appreciated. Thanks B

I have !UnHTML Mike Williams 1997. Very old but loaded in R5.19. Purpose
see below from its Help file. I can send toyou. So old I presume no
copyright problems.

Converts HTML to Plain Text, Impression, or Draw Textarea format.
Extracts bookmarks from links found on HTML pages.

Author: Mike Williams
mike@econym.demon.co.uk

Usage: Choose the output format you require from the iconbar menu.
Drag a HTML file to the UnHTML icon on the iconbar
After a few seconds a save box will open
Drag the resulting text to a filer or application

Plain Text Format:
The HTML tags are ripped out, special characters are converted,
but no formatting is applied.

--
Chris

Re: html table to csv

<5afc92b180brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1742&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1742

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:34:47 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:34 UTC

Thanks

In article <5afc927659mec@npost.uk>,
Chris Newman <mec@npost.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> CSV Edit Bernard Veasey

> CSVamp Ray Favre

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<eb30a4fc5a.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1744&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1744

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 20:45:54 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:45 UTC

In message <5afc92b180brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>
Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Thanks

> In article <5afc927659mec@npost.uk>,
> Chris Newman <mec@npost.uk> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> CSV Edit Bernard Veasey

>> CSVamp Ray Favre

Thanks for pointing out these programs, they are always useful.
Some time ago I worked on !Psifs and I used the SIBO to RISC OS converters
(They are on Thomas Millius' site). Very convenient.

I just took them out and was able to do the conversion you asked for from
a csv file extracted from !Fireworks.

I have sent you an example to test at your address.

--
Jean-Michel

Re: html table to csv

<8dd3a4fc5a.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1745&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1745

From: jmc.br...@orange.fr (Jean-Michel)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 20:52:51 +0100
 by: Jean-Michel - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:52 UTC

In message <eb30a4fc5a.jmb@jmc.bruck.orange.fr>
Jean-Michel <jmc.bruck@orange.fr> wrote:

> In message <5afc92b180brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>
> Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Thanks

>> In article <5afc927659mec@npost.uk>,
>> Chris Newman <mec@npost.uk> wrote:

>> [Snip]

>>> CSV Edit Bernard Veasey

>>> CSVamp Ray Favre

> Thanks for pointing out these programs, they are always useful.
> Some time ago I worked on !Psifs and I used the SIBO to RISC OS converters
> (They are on Thomas Millius' site). Very convenient.

> I just took them out and was able to do the conversion you asked for from
> a csv file extracted from !Fireworks.

> I have sent you an example to test at your address.

Sorry, I just reread your message and the conversion must be done the
other way!!! :-(

HTML to CSV not CSV to HTML....

--
Jean-Michel

Re: html table to csv

<2fcfaefc5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1746&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1746

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 21:41:53 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 21:41 UTC

On 1 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
Brian Jordan wrote:

> I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and PrintPDF
> to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz onwards is tried
> and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the table to csv bit less
> so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
> needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
> is there such a thing?

Current versions of EasiWriter can load HTML - you won't get any
cascading style sheet formatting, but I've tested it on some pages with
tables that I originally hand-crafted before uploading them to the host
site, and I can load them back into EasiWriter and select the 'Table'
region to save as a selection. EW exports tables as TSV, not CSV, but
I think most things that understand the latter also understand the
former; in the case of Fireworkz, it is perfectly possible to import
tab-separated files into a document as tables provided that they are
*filetyped* as CSV (&DFE).

So it depends how your HTML tables were originally created and how clean
the coding of them is, I suspect. If they genuinely are just tables of
data and not messed up with all sorts of layout stuff then you can load
the pages into EasiWriter, save the tables out as tab-separated text
selections, and bulk-filetype those files as CSV in order to import them
into Fireworkz as tables and/or spreadsheet cells, depending on what you
want to do with them there.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

I mean to live forever - or die trying!

Re: html table to csv

<5afcbcd322brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1748&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1748

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 00:14:58 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 00:14 UTC

Many thanks,

I have EasiWriter here although whether it's the current version will be
discovered in the morning.

In article <2fcfaefc5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
> Brian Jordan wrote:

[Snip my original query]

> Current versions of EasiWriter can load HTML - you won't get any
> cascading style sheet formatting, but I've tested it on some pages with
> tables that I originally hand-crafted before uploading them to the host
> site, and I can load them back into EasiWriter and select the 'Table'
> region to save as a selection. EW exports tables as TSV, not CSV, but
> I think most things that understand the latter also understand the
> former; in the case of Fireworkz, it is perfectly possible to import
> tab-separated files into a document as tables provided that they are
> *filetyped* as CSV (&DFE).
That sounds promising

> So it depends how your HTML tables were originally created and how clean
> the coding of them is, I suspect. If they genuinely are just tables of
> data and not messed up with all sorts of layout stuff then you can load
> the pages into EasiWriter, save the tables out as tab-separated text
> selections, and bulk-filetype those files as CSV in order to import them
> into Fireworkz as tables and/or spreadsheet cells, depending on what you
> want to do with them there.
I created the majority of these tables in lovingly hand crafted html back
in the mid '90s and before publishing them they were run through HTML
Tidy until they were squeaky clean. I am quite hopeful.

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<5afcf1becebrian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1751&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1751

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 09:53:00 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 09:53 UTC

Even better!

In article <5afcbcd322brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Many thanks,

> I have EasiWriter here although whether it's the current version will be
> discovered in the morning.
Not only do I have a version which works as Harriet describes it does
even better in that exporting as pdf is available in my version thus
cutting out a number of middle men.

[Snip]

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<ec1ff6fc5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1752&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1752

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 10:40:51 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 10:40 UTC

On 2 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
Brian Jordan wrote:

> Even better!
>
> In article <5afcbcd322brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
> Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Many thanks,
>
> > I have EasiWriter here although whether it's the current version will be
> > discovered in the morning.
> Not only do I have a version which works as Harriet describes it does
> even better in that exporting as pdf is available in my version thus
> cutting out a number of middle men.

Oh, I assumed you actually needed the data in Fireworkz for calculation
purposes rather than layout....

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Eschew Obfuscation.

Re: html table to csv

<5afcf999e2brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1753&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1753

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 11:18:49 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:18 UTC

In article <ec1ff6fc5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
> Brian Jordan wrote:

[Snip]

> Oh, I assumed you actually needed the data in Fireworkz for calculation
> purposes rather than layout....

Fair assumption but to explain...
The files I am converting are old Championship tables for a motor racing
club. I can't remember how they were produced, presumably in a
spreadsheet, but all calculations were completed before creating the web
tables. I no longer have the original files but am able to grab the
tables from the, soon to be closed, site. The club has asked if I can
grab all of the tables from 1996 to the present and produce an inclusive
pdf document. I have all the recent (post 2010) files here as Fireworkz
files from which I produce pdfs and HTML (Using Paul Vigay's Webworkz)
and the Fireworkz route for the old files suggested itself to me. The
Easiwriter solution makes it all so much easier, thank you.

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<00d023fd5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1756&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1756

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 18:59:52 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:59 UTC

On 2 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
Brian Jordan wrote:

> The files I am converting are old Championship tables for a motor racing
> club. I can't remember how they were produced, presumably in a
> spreadsheet, but all calculations were completed before creating the web
> tables. I no longer have the original files but am able to grab the
> tables from the, soon to be closed, site. The club has asked if I can
> grab all of the tables from 1996 to the present and produce an inclusive
> pdf document. I have all the recent (post 2010) files here as Fireworkz
> files from which I produce pdfs and HTML (Using Paul Vigay's Webworkz)
> and the Fireworkz route for the old files suggested itself to me. The
> Easiwriter solution makes it all so much easier, thank you.

Excellent news!

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

Re: html table to csv

<5afd7a1c06news*@Torrens.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1758&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1758

From: News+19...@Torrens.org (Richard Torrens (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 10:42:28 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Richard Torrens (New - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 10:42 UTC

In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and PrintPDF
> to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz onwards is tried
> and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the table to csv bit less
> so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
> needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
> is there such a thing?
> I am aware of some online stuff under Windows which might help but would
> really like to do the whole job under RISC OS. Any thoughts appreciated.
> Thanks

If you have Iris - it can export as Text. It uses TAB chars between cells.

Richard Torrens. News email address is valid - for a limited time only.
You must use the full News+number@Torrens.org as in the From address.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats
and more!

Re: html table to csv

<5afd80c561brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1760&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1760

From: brian.jo...@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 11:55:14 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Brian Jordan - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 11:55 UTC

In article <5afd7a1c06news*@Torrens.org>,
Richard Torrens (News) <News+19662@Torrens.org> wrote:
> In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
> Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:

[Snip my original request]

> If you have Iris - it can export as Text. It uses TAB chars between
> cells.
I do and this knowledge has added a further string to my bow, many thanks.
In the last few days through the help of folks in these parts I have gone
to an "I wonder if..." to a cup overflowing situation. Thanks to all for
your help.

Brian Jordan
brian.jordan9@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.28 (16-Dec-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: html table to csv

<fc560afe5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1762&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1762

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 12:57:51 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 12:57 UTC

On 3 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
Richard Torrens (News) wrote:

> In article <5afc8e1380brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
> Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> > Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and PrintPDF
> > to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz onwards is tried
> > and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the table to csv bit less
> > so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
> > needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
> > is there such a thing?
> > I am aware of some online stuff under Windows which might help but would
> > really like to do the whole job under RISC OS. Any thoughts appreciated.
> > Thanks
>
> If you have Iris - it can export as Text. It uses TAB chars between cells.

Even Netsurf does that...

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

"An American is a man with two arms and four wheels".

Re: html table to csv

<5afe98775fnews*@Torrens.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1767&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1767

From: News+19...@Torrens.org (Richard Torrens (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 14:50:15 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Richard Torrens (New - Sun, 5 Nov 2023 14:50 UTC

In article <fc560afe5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

> > If you have Iris - it can export as Text. It uses TAB chars between
> > cells.
> >
> Even Netsurf does that...

But it uses spaces - not TABs!

Richard Torrens. News email address is valid - for a limited time only.
You must use the full News+number@Torrens.org as in the From address.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats
and more!

Re: html table to csv

<9805a0fe5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1768&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1768

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 16:12:46 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Sun, 5 Nov 2023 16:12 UTC

On 5 Nov 2023 as I do recall,
Richard Torrens (News) wrote:

> In article <fc560afe5a.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
> Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > If you have Iris - it can export as Text. It uses TAB chars between
> > > cells.
> > >
> > Even Netsurf does that...
>
> But it uses spaces - not TABs!

I'm definitely getting tabs, both from select-and-drag and from
Export->Text. Maybe it depends on the way the table was defined/laid
out in the first place? I've only been testing it on my own tables....

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Those who can't write, write manuals.

Re: html table to csv

<4RudndKXP7s5DQj4nZ2dnZeNn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1850&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1850

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:52:24 +0000
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: atdotcod...@dotcodotukat.co.uk (Vince M Hudd)
 by: Vince M Hudd - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:52 UTC

On 01/11/2023 15:44, Brian Jordan wrote:

> I have a lot of html tables which I want to convert and then, via
> Fireworkz, use to produce draw files for use in Ovation Pro and PrintPDF
> to eventually make a pdf booklet. The bit from fireworkz onwards is tried
> and tested here and is fairly straightforward, the table to csv bit less
> so. It looks like some fairly heavy duty searching and replacing will be
> needed at first unless there is a program somewhere which might help me;
> is there such a thing?

I see I'm late to the party on this one (this is my 'annual' usenet
catchup!) so you already have solutions suggested, but I may as well add
that WebChange (with the aid of a suitable script) can do this.

(Although I no longer have the script to hand that I was using at the
time, it's one of the things I used to do as a demo of the software).

The only flaw was that it would only be able to handle the first table
it encountered.

--
Vince M Hudd

Re: html table to csv

<lBOdnYbNw4GCBwT4nZ2dnZeNn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1851&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1851

From: new...@riscository.com (Vince M Hudd)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 18:21:19 +0000
 by: Vince M Hudd - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:21 UTC

On 03/01/2024 16:52, Vince M Hudd wrote:

> I see I'm late to the party on this one (this is my 'annual' usenet
> catchup!) so you already have solutions suggested, but I may as well add
> that WebChange (with the aid of a suitable script) can do this.
> (Although I no longer have the script to hand that I was using at the
> time, it's one of the things I used to do as a demo of the software).
> The only flaw was that it would only be able to handle the first table
> it encountered.
I was reminded today that I'd let the webchange.co.uk domain go, and
hadn't updated the softrock.co.uk site accordingly - so WebChange has been
missing in action for a while. (h/t to Bernard Boase for pointing it out)

As a quick fix, I've created a new subdomain - webchange.softrock.co.uk
and mapped it to the server space that webchange.co.uk was previously
using, and I've updated the link on the WebChange page on softrock.co.uk
to point to it.

So as of now, WebChange can once again be downloaded.

https://www.softrock.co.uk/products/webchange.html
http://webchange.softrock.co.uk/

The main site itself hasn't actually been properly updated, though (i.e. I
haven't run WebChange on it) - so other links remain broken. That'll give
lots of "we found problems on your website" spammers even more reasons to
email me. ;)

--
Vince M Hudd