<liiwi> udp - universal dropping of an pigeon

devel / comp.theory / Re: A claim I am making tonight:

SubjectAuthor
* A claim I am making tonight:DV
+* A claim I am making tonight:olcott
|+* A claim I am making tonight:olcott
||`* A claim I am making tonight:David Brown
|| `* A claim I am making tonight:DV
||  `- A claim I am making tonight:DV
|`- A claim I am making tonight:DV
`- A claim I am making tonight:wij

1
A claim I am making tonight:

<f068b0a6-7be9-44fa-93b0-39b8e23b7188n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17585&group=comp.theory#17585

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!feeder1.cambriumusenet.nl!feed.tweak.nl!209.85.160.216.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 18:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A claim I am making tonight:
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 01:06 UTC

Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and in the future. Following rules carefully and thinking about the well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<NrGdnXLuYcTz-n_9nZ2dnUU7-XednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17588&group=comp.theory#17588

Subject: Re: A claim I am making tonight:
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:59:11 -0500
 by: olcott - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 01:59 UTC

On 7/4/2021 8:06 PM, DV wrote:

> Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and in the future. Following rules carefully and thinking about the well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.

This shows wisdom and compassion. Good job, well done!

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<v62dnWBFJKkxG3_9nZ2dnUU7-TudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17594&group=comp.theory#17594

Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 23:12:29 -0500
 by: olcott - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 04:12 UTC

On 7/4/2021 8:59 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/4/2021 8:06 PM, DV wrote:
>>
>> Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done
>> in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and
>> in the future.  Following rules carefully and thinking about the
>> well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.
>>

> This shows wisdom and compassion. Good job, well done!

I want to add that the only rule that I follow (besides correct logic)
is treating others with empathy and benevolence.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<sbu87n$bvd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17597&group=comp.theory#17597

From: david.br...@hesbynett.no (David Brown)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 08:18:31 +0200
 by: David Brown - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 06:18 UTC

On 05/07/2021 06:12, olcott wrote:
> On 7/4/2021 8:59 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 7/4/2021 8:06 PM, DV wrote:
>>>
>>> Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done
>>> in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and
>>> in the future.  Following rules carefully and thinking about the
>>> well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.
>>>

>> This shows wisdom and compassion. Good job, well done!
>>

> I want to add that the only rule that I follow (besides correct logic)
> is treating others with empathy and benevolence.

Really? But you don't count people in newsgroups for that? Or do you
think your being benevolent and showing empathy when you repeatedly fill
unrelated groups with your incessant streams of misunderstandings about
halting? It's fair enough to discuss it in a group about computation
theory - that's where such discussions belong. But you have been asked
countless times to stop filling groups like comp.lang.c with your
completely off-topic nonsense - yet you go out of your way to do so.
That sounds far more like a petty, selfish and self-important character
than a benevolent and empathic one. Try following your rule here, and
perhaps people will look on you a little more kindly.

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<17e1e850-b2ea-4f40-945f-137e222252d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17598&group=comp.theory#17598

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 00:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 07:42 UTC

On Monday, 5 July 2021 at 09:06:30 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and in the future. Following rules carefully and thinking about the well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.

Good move to boil frogs slowly.
Being a parasite, what contribution have you made to your society. hypocrite?

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<908136ef-2235-4cf9-9428-695de664965cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17602&group=comp.theory#17602

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 05:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 12:29 UTC

On Monday, July 5, 2021 at 2:18:34 AM UTC-4, David Brown wrote:
> On 05/07/2021 06:12, olcott wrote:

> >> This shows wisdom and compassion. Good job, well done!
> >>

> > I want to add that the only rule that I follow (besides correct logic)
> > is treating others with empathy and benevolence.
> >
> Really? But you don't count people in newsgroups for that? Or do you
> think your being benevolent and showing empathy when you repeatedly fill
> unrelated groups with your incessant streams of misunderstandings about
> halting? It's fair enough to discuss it in a group about computation
> theory - that's where such discussions belong. But you have been asked
> countless times to stop filling groups like comp.lang.c with your
> completely off-topic nonsense - yet you go out of your way to do so.
> That sounds far more like a petty, selfish and self-important character
> than a benevolent and empathic one. Try following your rule here, and
> perhaps people will look on you a little more kindly.

One way to look at it is that no one has to read his posts and I don't think he isn't harassing anyone or trying to communicate with people who have asked him to leave them alone. Of course the halting problem stuff is inaccurate, but why does it matter? Whatever servers handle Usenet posts can surely handle the file sizes.

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<98fc3313-c6bc-4abd-bf73-55e55252f8afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17603&group=comp.theory#17603

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 05:30:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 12:30 UTC

On Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 9:59:17 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 7/4/2021 8:06 PM, DV wrote:
> >
> > Getting in the habit of doing good deeds and getting good deeds done in general can help both your career and your personal life, now and in the future. Following rules carefully and thinking about the well-being and feelings of others is a good habit, too.
> >
> This shows wisdom and compassion. Good job, well done!
>
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
> minds." Einstein

Thank you for the pleasant feedback. I do what I can. Mission accomplished. (That's a joke.)

Re: A claim I am making tonight:

<6031ead1-2401-40fa-9b5e-ea58268aa90en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17604&group=comp.theory#17604

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 05:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 12:31 UTC

On Monday, July 5, 2021 at 8:29:38 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Monday, July 5, 2021 at 2:18:34 AM UTC-4, David Brown wrote:

> > > I want to add that the only rule that I follow (besides correct logic)
> > > is treating others with empathy and benevolence.
> > >
> > Really? But you don't count people in newsgroups for that? Or do you
> > think your being benevolent and showing empathy when you repeatedly fill
> > unrelated groups with your incessant streams of misunderstandings about
> > halting? It's fair enough to discuss it in a group about computation
> > theory - that's where such discussions belong. But you have been asked
> > countless times to stop filling groups like comp.lang.c with your
> > completely off-topic nonsense - yet you go out of your way to do so.
> > That sounds far more like a petty, selfish and self-important character
> > than a benevolent and empathic one. Try following your rule here, and
> > perhaps people will look on you a little more kindly.
> One way to look at it is that no one has to read his posts and I don't think he isn't harassing anyone or trying to communicate with people who have asked him to leave them alone. Of course the halting problem stuff is inaccurate, but why does it matter? Whatever servers handle Usenet posts can surely handle the file sizes.

My post was altered, I said "is harassing" not "isn't harassing."

With this third post, I am now trembling in fear that I might look like I am spending a lot of time really focusing on Usenet posts. What will people think??

devel / comp.theory / Re: A claim I am making tonight: