From: brokenm...@TIABBS.remove-10dd-this (Brokenmind)
Subject: Re: Doors and DosBox
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 11:18:55 -0500
 by: Brokenmind - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:18 UTC

To: poindexter FORTRAN
Re: Re: Doors and DosBox
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Brokenmind on Fri Mar 06 2020 06:45 am

PF> I don't think so; passing the door info and a hot comm port into DOSBOX
PF> would be tricky. There's been some effort to build a 3rd party 16-bit
PF> DOSVDM called NXVDM (I think) that looks promising.
Since this was posterd I use NXVdm and it works great usualy but once in awhile it gets screwy and I have to uninstall and reinstall it but i'm running a ton of door mostly smoothly for the most part

BrokenMind

---
■ Synchronet
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Doors and DosBox

<63DF61F2.44409.dove-syncdisc@endofthelinebbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17729&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#17729

From: nel...@EOTLBBS.remove-68d-this (Nelgin)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 01:59:46 -0600
 by: Nelgin - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 07:59 UTC

To: Brokenmind
Re: Re: Doors and DosBox
By: Brokenmind to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Feb 03 2023 11:18:55

> PF> I don't think so; passing the door info and a hot comm port into DOSBOX
> PF> would be tricky. There's been some effort to build a 3rd party 16-bit
> PF> DOSVDM called NXVDM (I think) that looks promising.
> Since this was posterd I use NXVdm and it works great usualy but once in
> awhile it gets screwy and I have to uninstall and reinstall it but i'm
> running a ton of door mostly smoothly for the most part

DosBox uses disk caching so you would likely run into all sorts of problems. There is a version that's been modified but I didn't really get it working.
---
■ Synchronet ■ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Doors and DosBox

<63DFE477.8042.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17731&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#17731

From: mro...@BBSESINF.remove-fi7-this (MRO)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 11:16:39 -0600
 by: MRO - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 17:16 UTC

To: Nelgin
Re: Re: Doors and DosBox
By: Nelgin to Brokenmind on Sun Feb 05 2023 01:59 am

> Re: Re: Doors and DosBox
> By: Brokenmind to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Feb 03 2023 11:18:55
>
> > PF> I don't think so; passing the door info and a hot comm port into
> > PF> DOSBOX would be tricky. There's been some effort to build a 3rd
> > PF> party 16-bit DOSVDM called NXVDM (I think) that looks promising.
> > Since this was posterd I use NXVdm and it works great usualy but once in
> > awhile it gets screwy and I have to uninstall and reinstall it but i'm
> > running a ton of door mostly smoothly for the most part
>
> DosBox uses disk caching so you would likely run into all sorts of problems.
> There is a version that's been modified but I didn't really get it working.

if you are using dosbox for bbs doorgames and dosgames you want your users to be able to play (like i am), you can set synchronet to only let one user in at a time. right now we wont have a problem with 2 users on at the same time.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::