Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 09:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Odd request for very old software
From: dansabrs...@yahoo.com (abrsvc)
 by: abrsvc - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:59 UTC

Anyone have a copy of the old VWS kit around? This would be for VAX/VMS V4..x. I have a client that is still running this and has run into a problem that may require a reinstall. We are working on recovering some backup tapes, but so far nothing has everything needed. I found a problem with their backup procedure that was not working as they expected, so no recent backups are available. This problem has been corrected now, but that is not helping the situation. I personally only have things back to V5, so I can't help directly. I am hoping another pack-rat may have even older software around.

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Odd request for very old software

<708a328c-87be-41d6-8786-4faa330dc1een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17762&group=comp.os.vms#17762

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Odd request for very old software
From: dansabrs...@yahoo.com (abrsvc)
 by: abrsvc - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 19:29 UTC

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 12:59:08 PM UTC-4, abrsvc wrote:
> Anyone have a copy of the old VWS kit around? This would be for VAX/VMS V4.x. I have a client that is still running this and has run into a problem that may require a reinstall. We are working on recovering some backup tapes, but so far nothing has everything needed. I found a problem with their backup procedure that was not working as they expected, so no recent backups are available. This problem has been corrected now, but that is not helping the situation. I personally only have things back to V5, so I can't help directly. I am hoping another pack-rat may have even older software around.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

As it turns out, the VWS045 kit was resident on the V5 CDs that I had. It was not documented as being present, but was there.

Thanks for looking to those that looked, but I am OK now.

Dan