From: fri...@spamexpire-202107.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Subject: #Batterygate (2021);
Scumbag Apple accused of throttling recent handsets including the
iPhone 12 5G
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:37:45 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server, misc.phone.mobile.iphone,
comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.mobile.android
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:37 UTC

And of course all the Apple pukes will drop their pants, bend
over and take it.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-accused-of-throttling-
recent-iphone-models-including-iphone-12-5g_id133701

Re: #Batterygate (2021); Scumbag Apple accused of throttling recent handsets including the iPhone 12 5G

<sd2klm$75p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17826&group=comp.mobile.android#17826

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: #Batterygate (2021); Scumbag Apple accused of throttling recent handsets including the iPhone 12 5G
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:31:47 +0200
 by: paul - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 01:31 UTC

Fritz Wuehler wrote on 18.07.2021 18:37
> And of course all the Apple pukes will drop their pants, bend
> over and take it.
>
> https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-accused-of-throttling-
> recent-iphone-models-including-iphone-12-5g_id133701

Regarding the information in this article quoted above
<https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-accused-of-throttling-recent-iphone-models-including-iphone-12-5g_id133701>

*Apple apologists are no different than flat earthers and Trump cultists.*

It's well known to all but Apple apologists (who are ignorant of facts) that
Apple added _throttling software_ to almost all iPhones in existence.
(see _scores_ of factual references listed in the cites in the sig below)

Ever since iOS 10.x, with each new iOS release, Apple was adding more & more
iPhones to the throttling list (which we covered in detail on Apple ngs).

Even as Apple was still settling the criminal cases (yes, *criminal* cases!,
in the USA and in France) Apple was _still_ adding throttling software in
each iOS release, to more and more brand new iPhones with each iOS release.

After a while, Apple settled most of the civil and criminal cases but that
only meant that they can now do as much throttling as they want to unless
_new_ cases pop up to stop Apple from doing what Apple does best.

Apple doesn't make all that profit off of an intelligent customer base.
--
Alan Baker, Alan Browne, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Savageduck, Wade Garrett, Wolffan, Your Name,

Despite the scores of factual cites included in the threads below, all the
cultists above always brazenly deny all facts they don't like about Apple.

Report says Apple 'Powerd' code secretly slows your iOS device down to trick
you into buying a new device
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/GdEtzzrc9F0/m/ZJ9z9_I-AAAJ>

Every iPhone CPU from the iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 were throttled, then iPhone 8
to iPhone X were throttled & now the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR
get throttling software
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Mzh1IvniDr8/m/BfWe1CP5BwAJ>

Apple agrees to pay 25 million euros fine as Apple admits "Apple committed
the crime of deceptive commercial practice by omission"
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/l6gAjvW6aqQ/m/XXv9f7uIAgAJ>

Yet another set of lawsuits won against Apple's lawyers, admittedly the best
on the planet - and yet - they still lose $113M USD (because Apple secretly
purposefully shortened the life of iPhones)
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/esbnfB6OSmc/m/3fCQ1agzAAAJ>

Apple agrees to settle class action in US over throttling- $500M.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/BR4edQQisYg/m/kdUev8-IAgAJ>

California wins $24.6M from Apple who withheld information that slowed down
iPhones while Apple MARKETING duplicitously passed it off as a mere update
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/T9M7hHUpAus/m/iQJ00aY-AAAJ>

How to submit your claim in Apple's half a billion dollar secret throtting
settlement
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/wm-8YUKl5M0/m/hVe4UcP5BwAJ>

Do any Android phone manufacturers throttle (CPUs, PD Charging, Modems) like
Apple consistently does?
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ZTmmGoAndyM/m/Z7h1Eg5bBQAJ>

Quebec class action goes ahead (battery gate)
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/jmDdZewelrk/m/65RRr8u3AQAJ>

Five countries want Apple to pay consumers more money to settle secret
throttling of iPhone CPUs to purposefully shorten device life
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/YKId-GJCdec/m/MYu4QnmFAwAJ>

Apple battery throttling performance management is availalbe today
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/MUP914zF5cw/m/gcpkom5OBQAJ>

Despite the scores of factual cites included in the threads above, all the
cultist apologists always brazenly deny all facts they don't like about
Apple.

Re: #Batterygate (2021); Scumbag Apple accused of throttling recent handsets including the iPhone 12 5G

<o5m9fg5q6tmbismcn50l1buved7f6cfk8l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17827&group=comp.mobile.android#17827

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 08:46:52 +0700
 by: John B. - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 01:46 UTC

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:31:47 +0200, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Fritz Wuehler wrote on 18.07.2021 18:37
>> And of course all the Apple pukes will drop their pants, bend
>> over and take it.
>>
>> https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-accused-of-throttling-
>> recent-iphone-models-including-iphone-12-5g_id133701
>
>Regarding the information in this article quoted above
><https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-accused-of-throttling-recent-iphone-models-including-iphone-12-5g_id133701>
>
>*Apple apologists are no different than flat earthers and Trump cultists.*
>
>It's well known to all but Apple apologists (who are ignorant of facts) that
>Apple added _throttling software_ to almost all iPhones in existence.
>(see _scores_ of factual references listed in the cites in the sig below)
>
>Ever since iOS 10.x, with each new iOS release, Apple was adding more & more
>iPhones to the throttling list (which we covered in detail on Apple ngs).
>
>Even as Apple was still settling the criminal cases (yes, *criminal* cases!,
>in the USA and in France) Apple was _still_ adding throttling software in
>each iOS release, to more and more brand new iPhones with each iOS release.
>
>After a while, Apple settled most of the civil and criminal cases but that
>only meant that they can now do as much throttling as they want to unless
>_new_ cases pop up to stop Apple from doing what Apple does best.
>
>Apple doesn't make all that profit off of an intelligent customer base.

Yawn.... but so what. You want a Apple phone then buy an Apple phone.
If you don't want an Apple phone simply don't buy an Apple phone.

To buy an Apple phone and then whine about it seems rather childish,
doesn't it?

--
Cheers,

John B.