Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 08:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OK, I do understand something now.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:00 UTC

"If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?"

--John von Neumann

I do have an excellent economics idea. Actually, I might be willing to share it in public or sell it to someone. Unfortunately, I will NOT do so and NEVER do so, unless the exact consequences of doing so were made clear to me. These consequences would need to be shown to be safe. I don't know for sure how bad guys might be able to manipulate my idea(s) if I shared it/them.

Also, I DEMAND THAT I BE TREATED AS A NON-ENSLAVED AMERICAN CITIZEN WITH INALIENABLE RIGHTS. If I remain unpaid and/or "caged" based on some political will, it will indeed be those who continue to support such political leaders who bear the cost of this unethical support. It is OK to say "I like that Joe Biden / Donald Trump has done good activity XYZ." I do not accept that it is OK to say that either of these men are "good presidents," since "good" implies "virtue," and they are evil. Being useful does not always imply being ethical.

Re: OK, I do understand something now.

<scf7jn$c6m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18025&group=comp.theory#18025

From: jbb...@notatt.com (Jeff Barnett)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: OK, I do understand something now.
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:52:05 -0600
 by: Jeff Barnett - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 16:52 UTC

On 7/11/2021 9:00 AM, DV wrote:

> "If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?"
>
> --John von Neumann
>

> I do have an excellent economics idea. Actually, I might be willing to share it in public or sell it to someone. Unfortunately, I will NOT do so and NEVER do so, unless the exact consequences of doing so were made clear to me. These consequences would need to be shown to be safe. I don't know for sure how bad guys might be able to manipulate my idea(s) if I shared it/them.
>
> Also, I DEMAND THAT I BE TREATED AS A NON-ENSLAVED AMERICAN CITIZEN WITH INALIENABLE RIGHTS. If I remain unpaid and/or "caged" based on some political will, it will indeed be those who continue to support such political leaders who bear the cost of this unethical support. It is OK to say "I like that Joe Biden / Donald Trump has done good activity XYZ." I do not accept that it is OK to say that either of these men are "good presidents," since "good" implies "virtue," and they are evil. Being useful does not always imply being ethical.
I would suggest that you post less, much less and use the time you save
to read up on things. I further suggest that you read Plato's Republic
and see how you frame your responses to the questions and thoughts put
in the mouth of Socrates.

It will be both more fun and more educational then what you are doing
here now. Just a thought.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: OK, I do understand something now.

<b1ade09d-8e0d-4dcc-82d9-93f1cae82072n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18028&group=comp.theory#18028

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:14:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 18:14 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 12:52:10 PM UTC-4, Jeff Barnett wrote:
> On 7/11/2021 9:00 AM, DV wrote:
> >
> > "If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?"
> >
> > --John von Neumann
> >

> > I do have an excellent economics idea. Actually, I might be willing to share it in public or sell it to someone. Unfortunately, I will NOT do so and NEVER do so, unless the exact consequences of doing so were made clear to me. These consequences would need to be shown to be safe. I don't know for sure how bad guys might be able to manipulate my idea(s) if I shared it/them.
> >
> > Also, I DEMAND THAT I BE TREATED AS A NON-ENSLAVED AMERICAN CITIZEN WITH INALIENABLE RIGHTS. If I remain unpaid and/or "caged" based on some political will, it will indeed be those who continue to support such political leaders who bear the cost of this unethical support. It is OK to say "I like that Joe Biden / Donald Trump has done good activity XYZ." I do not accept that it is OK to say that either of these men are "good presidents," since "good" implies "virtue," and they are evil. Being useful does not always imply being ethical.
> I would suggest that you post less, much less and use the time you save
> to read up on things. I further suggest that you read Plato's Republic
> and see how you frame your responses to the questions and thoughts put
> in the mouth of Socrates.
>
> It will be both more fun and more educational then what you are doing
> here now. Just a thought.
> --
> Jeff Barnett

I don't really want to listen to your opinions, but you are allowed to post if you want to.

I reject your reading suggestions and your analysis of fun/education. I have read other posts by you and do not approve.

Re: OK, I do understand something now.

<scfivg$p8p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18037&group=comp.theory#18037

From: jbb...@notatt.com (Jeff Barnett)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:06:06 -0600
 by: Jeff Barnett - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 20:06 UTC

On 7/11/2021 12:14 PM, DV wrote:
> On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 12:52:10 PM UTC-4, Jeff Barnett wrote:
>> On 7/11/2021 9:00 AM, DV wrote:
>>>
>>> "If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?"
>>>
>>> --John von Neumann
>>>

>>> I do have an excellent economics idea. Actually, I might be willing to share it in public or sell it to someone. Unfortunately, I will NOT do so and NEVER do so, unless the exact consequences of doing so were made clear to me. These consequences would need to be shown to be safe. I don't know for sure how bad guys might be able to manipulate my idea(s) if I shared it/them.
>>>
>>> Also, I DEMAND THAT I BE TREATED AS A NON-ENSLAVED AMERICAN CITIZEN WITH INALIENABLE RIGHTS. If I remain unpaid and/or "caged" based on some political will, it will indeed be those who continue to support such political leaders who bear the cost of this unethical support. It is OK to say "I like that Joe Biden / Donald Trump has done good activity XYZ." I do not accept that it is OK to say that either of these men are "good presidents," since "good" implies "virtue," and they are evil. Being useful does not always imply being ethical.
>> I would suggest that you post less, much less and use the time you save
>> to read up on things. I further suggest that you read Plato's Republic
>> and see how you frame your responses to the questions and thoughts put
>> in the mouth of Socrates.
>>
>> It will be both more fun and more educational then what you are doing
>> here now. Just a thought.
>> --
>> Jeff Barnett
>
> I don't really want to listen to your opinions, but you are allowed to post if you want to.

That's fine with me but the only person you do listen to is leading you
astray.

> I reject your reading suggestions and your analysis of fun/education. I have read other posts by you and do not approve.

Then you should kill file me. As you must know, I'm no more looking for
approval from you (in fact wouldn't know how to evaluate it) any more
than you are looking for my approval. A mutual non-admiration society!
There's a lot of that going around in this news group.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: OK, I do understand something now.

<2564f899-f44d-40ac-ae1e-eb26a2d6c2e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18038&group=comp.theory#18038

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:42:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 21:42 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 4:06:10 PM UTC-4, Jeff Barnett wrote:
> On 7/11/2021 12:14 PM, DV wrote:

> >> I would suggest that you post less, much less and use the time you save
> >> to read up on things. I further suggest that you read Plato's Republic
> >> and see how you frame your responses to the questions and thoughts put
> >> in the mouth of Socrates.
> >>
> >> It will be both more fun and more educational then what you are doing
> >> here now. Just a thought.
> >> --
> >> Jeff Barnett
> >
> > I don't really want to listen to your opinions, but you are allowed to post if you want to.
> That's fine with me but the only person you do listen to is leading you
> astray.
> > I reject your reading suggestions and your analysis of fun/education. I have read other posts by you and do not approve.
> Then you should kill file me. As you must know, I'm no more looking for
> approval from you (in fact wouldn't know how to evaluate it) any more
> than you are looking for my approval. A mutual non-admiration society!
> There's a lot of that going around in this news group.
> --
> Jeff Barnett

Why don't you just stop talking to me? I am definitely done replying to your obnoxious posts.

devel / comp.theory / Re: OK, I do understand something now.