From: Bil...@Billy.COM (Billy)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: OT Glary to clean up Windows 7
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 09:59:45 -0700
 by: Billy - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 16:59 UTC

I recover much space when using Glary.

However, I want to keep Glary from removing certain cookies.
I cannot find where to tell Glary not to clean certain cookies.
Can anyone please explain to me?
Thank you.

Re: OT Glary to clean up Windows 7

<sc4rjb$jve$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1810&group=alt.windows7.general#1810

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: OT Glary to clean up Windows 7
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 14:25:47 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 18:25 UTC

Billy wrote:
> I recover much space when using Glary.
>
> However, I want to keep Glary from removing certain cookies.
> I cannot find where to tell Glary not to clean certain cookies.
> Can anyone please explain to me?
> Thank you.

The largest cookies file on my machine is 1.5MB.
That's nothing.

Things like page caches, can be a couple hundred megabytes
and also support a browser setting of clear-on-exit. That's
more significant.

By just switching off cookie clearing in Glary completely, there will be
no problem. So what if 1.5MB of space is used by the cookies ?
That's not exactly a lot of space compared to the other 40000.0 MB
of data I happen to have on C: at the moment.

Seamonkey has a Data Manager. You can clear individual cookies...
one...at...a...stinking...time. The benefit of such an interface,
is you could study the impact of deleting just one cookie, on
the other .sqlite files, to learn how dependent cookie edits
are on the files other than cookies.sqlite.

Commands like this, allow textual examination of what's in the file.

1) Take a copy of cookies.sqlite, when the browser is not running.

2) sqlite3.exe cookies.sqlite .dump > cookies.txt
notepad cookies.txt

If your password is in there, it's encrypted by the web page storing
it there. This assumes the cookie you want to save, has a password
in it. Browsers also have Password Managers and Master Passwords for
such things, which is a proper thing and a different animal.

For many years, I used to cart around my "icmaster.com password"
in a fricken cookie. Drove me nuts. It's a stupid practice, for
companies to do this.

HTH,
Paul