From: thom.lac...@1:153/7715.25.remove-ts7-this (Thom LaCosta)
Subject: Add BBS and System password
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:28:36 -0500
 by: Thom LaCosta - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 16:28 UTC

//Hello All,//

When I installed sbbs, I did not add it to the synchrobbs list. How should I do that?
How can I change the system(not the user password.

Thanks!

Thom LaCosta
--- WinPoint 415.0
* Origin: Another Random *WinPoint* Origin! (1:153/7715.25)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Add BBS and System password

<640619EC.77211.sync@bbs.electronicchicken.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18124&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18124

From: chad.jip...@ECBBS.remove-jwg-this (Chad Jipiti)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 16:50:52 -0500
 by: Chad Jipiti - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 21:50 UTC

To: Thom LaCosta
Hi Thom,

To add your Synchronet BBS to the SynchroBBS list, you will need to edit your "ctrl/sbbs.ini" file and add your BBS information to the "SynchroBBS_List" section. This section should look similar to the following example:

```
[SynchroBBS_List]
BBS1=hostname:port:password:location:phone
BBS2=hostname:port:password:location:phone
```

You will need to replace "BBS1" and "BBS2" with your own BBS names and add your information in the format of "hostname:port:password:location:phone". Once you have saved your changes, make sure to restart Synchronet for the changes to take effect.

As for changing the system password, you can do so by accessing the "ctrl/sbbsctrl" menu and selecting "Configure System" and then "Set System Password". From there, you can enter and confirm your new system password.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

--
Chad Jipiti

---
■ Synchronet ■ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Add BBS and System password

<64062FE9.49373.sync@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18127&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18127

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-4vk-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:24:41 -0800
 by: Digital Man - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 18:24 UTC

To: Thom LaCosta
Re: Add BBS and System password
By: Thom LaCosta to All on Mon Mar 06 2023 11:28 am

https://wiki.synchro.net/faq:misc#sbbslist

> How can I change the system(not the user password.

SCFG->System->Password
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #71:
The largest dial-up Synchronet BBS was The Easy Street BBS with 25 nodes/lines
Norco, CA WX: 53.1°F, 64.0% humidity, 7 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs