Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:26:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: An interesting psychology hypothesis that I believe to be true.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:26 UTC

Claim:

When you have a person who is manic or psychotic, the person can definitely (according to the claim) always theoretically, if in the proper state (i.e.. conscious and physically safe), "perceive the 'hallucination' (or delusion) of sorts," rather than being quietly troubled by it while not being sure that it is really perceivable and fake, even if not on medication. (It may take some time, and the process may have to do with getting the patient to be logical/rational.)

(That doesn't mean it can always be done, but I wonder if patients who don't believe themselves to be ill could, with the aid of a doctor, be shown that they are sick before being asked to take medication to help? Could studying this help worried patients feel less resistant to treatment, perhaps improving long-run openness to accepting medication as treatment?)

(Also, no, I'm not off medication and I do like my current medication regimen for now. I absent-mindedly took my medication at the wrong time by accident today--this morning instead of this evening.)

Re: An interesting psychology hypothesis that I believe to be true.

<adf634b0-a350-4c02-be79-7c4672b931d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18164&group=comp.theory#18164

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:28 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:26:58 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> Claim:
>
> When you have a person who is manic or psychotic, the person can definitely (according to the claim) always theoretically, if in the proper state (i..e. conscious and physically safe), "perceive the 'hallucination' (or delusion) of sorts," rather than being quietly troubled by it while not being sure that it is really perceivable and fake, even if not on medication. (It may take some time, and the process may have to do with getting the patient to be logical/rational.)
>
> (That doesn't mean it can always be done, but I wonder if patients who don't believe themselves to be ill could, with the aid of a doctor, be shown that they are sick before being asked to take medication to help? Could studying this help worried patients feel less resistant to treatment, perhaps improving long-run openness to accepting medication as treatment?)
>
> (Also, no, I'm not off medication and I do like my current medication regimen for now. I absent-mindedly took my medication at the wrong time by accident today--this morning instead of this evening.)

(Indeed the above is not from my batch of economics ideas.)

devel / comp.theory / An interesting psychology hypothesis that I believe to be true.