Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: hcpd, ralph northam, abigail spanberger
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:17 UTC

0

I did not initially mention that after the "Got any weed, man?" guy spoke to me on July 11, the police showed up and seemed to question him (I saw this on my next walk). He was not detained but it seemed that he was questioned by at least two police cars for some time.

I did not initially realize that marijuana use is legal in Virginia. It is not OK for the police to use my Usenet posts to illegally stalk people who are not even discussing violations of the law. It is deeply disappointing to me that I even have to say this. People who might think they are going to benefit from my ideas will fail to do so, or (worse) anger me, if they are working with crooked HCPD cops (all of them, since it's an organization) without making every effort to influence these officers to actually be law-abiding, non-organized-crime citizens of the community who actually do their jobs and enforce laws instead of working to break them, perhaps in ways that someone might find funny.

I should not have to mention this or give this 0. If you are working with police or benefiting from them in our community, I demand that you spend a significant amount of your daily time or other resources (I'm in category 2) trying to fix bad law enforcement.

One thing you can do is: Don't support Abigail Spanberger; support a different Democrat for the House position. Another thing is: Demand that whoever the dopey pseudo-liberal Democratic gubernatorial candidate is this time make some actual changes to police in Virginia and Henrico County. Failure to do this represents a failure to support me, especially if you live in Henrico County.

Re: hcpd, ralph northam, abigail spanberger

<7a619b30-5657-4e68-ae80-d1b56ec1eaa9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18206&group=comp.theory#18206

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 07:17:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: hcpd, ralph northam, abigail spanberger
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:17 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 9:17:45 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> 0
>
> I did not initially mention that after the "Got any weed, man?" guy spoke to me on July 11, the police showed up and seemed to question him (I saw this on my next walk). He was not detained but it seemed that he was questioned by at least two police cars for some time.
>
> I did not initially realize that marijuana use is legal in Virginia. It is not OK for the police to use my Usenet posts to illegally stalk people who are not even discussing violations of the law. It is deeply disappointing to me that I even have to say this. People who might think they are going to benefit from my ideas will fail to do so, or (worse) anger me, if they are working with crooked HCPD cops (all of them, since it's an organization) without making every effort to influence these officers to actually be law-abiding, non-organized-crime citizens of the community who actually do their jobs and enforce laws instead of working to break them, perhaps in ways that someone might find funny.
>
> I should not have to mention this or give this 0. If you are working with police or benefiting from them in our community, I demand that you spend a significant amount of your daily time or other resources (I'm in category 2) trying to fix bad law enforcement.
>
> One thing you can do is: Don't support Abigail Spanberger; support a different Democrat for the House position. Another thing is: Demand that whoever the dopey pseudo-liberal Democratic gubernatorial candidate is this time make some actual changes to police in Virginia and Henrico County. Failure to do this represents a failure to support me, especially if you live in Henrico County.

https://chapterscapistrano.com/top-10-reasons-why-people-smoke-weed-marijuana/

A very excellent alternative to marijuana, since I do not approve of marijuana:

Critical thinking about advice you have received.

Is the advice good advice? Has it been given to you by someone who likes you or dislikes you? I argue: Sometimes, it doesn't matter if someone you dislike has given you advice. If you can analyze it and evaluate it outside of the context of "who gave it to me and how do I feel about them," you can sometimes decide whether or not it is better/safer to accept or reject the advice you have received. Sometimes, bad guys give you good advice, perhaps as a sort of "reverse psychology hex" to get you to not follow their advice. The only answer really is to think hard about the advice and the consequences of following it (or not following it).

You should listen to my advice above, I argue. Even more importantly, you should listen to this advice that is non-coincidentally bundled with it: DO NOT PREY ON INNOCENT PEOPLE. DO NOT VIOLATE OTHER PEOPLE'S SENSE OF CONSENT IN A BIG WAY UNLESS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT BREAK DEALS OR BE DISHONEST WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS. DO NOT BREAK LAWS, ESPECIALLY SERIOUS LAWS ON PURPOSE, UNLESS YOU REALLY HAVE TO. WATCH OUT FOR HOW SOPHISTICATED YOU ARE SEEN TO BE AND HOW ETHICAL YOU ARE KNOWN TO BE, BECAUSE YOU VERY LIKELY DON'T KNOW EVERYONE ELSE'S CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS.

devel / comp.theory / hcpd, ralph northam, abigail spanberger