From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Stop 'Allow Cookies' pop-ups
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:56:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:56 UTC

On 21 Oct 2022 at 16:10:26 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:

> RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to stop this happening when I visit a web site using Safari?
>>
>> I don't want to 'block all cookies' if it means preferences such as location
>> and passwords are lost.
>
> I’ve been using Super Agent on all my devices recently, and it seems to do
> quite a good job.

I have installed Super Agent to Safari and Firefox on my iMac, no problems.

When I installed it in my iPad and enabled it according to the instructions it
seemed to work at first - the check page said it was OK. But almost
immediately I started getting Cookie requests, and the check page reports that
it doesn't have the necessary peermissions - although they are still shown as
correctly set in Settings/Safari/Extensions.

Turning this off and on again, which sometimes fixes things, did not work.
I've even uninstalled the app (which also remaoves the extension) with n0
effect.

I emailed Super Agent for help some days ago - no reply.

Any suggestions? I do most of my browsing in Safari on my iPad, and would
really like to get it going!

John.
--
You're not an old dog until you can't learn new tricks

Re: Stop 'Allow Cookies' pop-ups

<tje325$3eco$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1816&group=comp.mobile.ipad#1816

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:02:45 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:02 UTC

Am 27.10.22 um 15:56 schrieb John Hill:
> On 21 Oct 2022 at 16:10:26 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to stop this happening when I visit a web site using Safari?
>>>
>>> I don't want to 'block all cookies' if it means preferences such as location
>>> and passwords are lost.
>>
>> I’ve been using Super Agent on all my devices recently, and it seems to do
>> quite a good job.
>
> I have installed Super Agent to Safari and Firefox on my iMac, no problems.

For Firefox I prefer "I don't care about cookies".

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Stop 'Allow Cookies' pop-ups

<tjedq0$2qghl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1817&group=comp.mobile.ipad#1817

From: thewildr...@icloud.com (Andy Hewitt)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 17:06:08 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:UHGj4JZa1LoM4VArnkvUHxBTQlo=
 by: Andy Hewitt - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 17:06 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21 Oct 2022 at 16:10:26 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to stop this happening when I visit a web site using Safari?
>>>
>>> I don't want to 'block all cookies' if it means preferences such as location
>>> and passwords are lost.
>>
>> I’ve been using Super Agent on all my devices recently, and it seems to do
>> quite a good job.
>
> I have installed Super Agent to Safari and Firefox on my iMac, no problems.
>
> When I installed it in my iPad and enabled it according to the instructions it
> seemed to work at first - the check page said it was OK. But almost
> immediately I started getting Cookie requests, and the check page reports that
> it doesn't have the necessary peermissions - although they are still shown as
> correctly set in Settings/Safari/Extensions.
>
> Turning this off and on again, which sometimes fixes things, did not work.
> I've even uninstalled the app (which also remaoves the extension) with n0
> effect.
>
> I emailed Super Agent for help some days ago - no reply.
>
> Any suggestions? I do most of my browsing in Safari on my iPad, and would
> really like to get it going!
>
> John.

Not much I can suggest really, it’s been working fine for me on iMac and
iPad (iPadOS 16.1 now).

I take it you’ve checked the settings in the Extension, you need to go to
the Super Agent item, and click on the ‘All Websites’ in the ‘Permissions’
box. Mine is set to ‘Allow’. It can be set to ‘Ask’, but that kind of
defeats the object IMO, or ‘Deny’, but then why have the app?

--
Andy H

Re: Stop 'Allow Cookies' pop-ups

<tjikoc$3d8l8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1823&group=comp.mobile.ipad#1823

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 07:29:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 07:29 UTC

On 27 Oct 2022 at 14:56:22 BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21 Oct 2022 at 16:10:26 BST, "Andy Hewitt" <thewildrover@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to stop this happening when I visit a web site using Safari?
>>>
>>> I don't want to 'block all cookies' if it means preferences such as location
>>> and passwords are lost.
>>
>> I’ve been using Super Agent on all my devices recently, and it seems to do
>> quite a good job.
>
> I have installed Super Agent to Safari and Firefox on my iMac, no problems.
>
> When I installed it in my iPad and enabled it according to the instructions it
> seemed to work at first - the check page said it was OK. But almost
> immediately I started getting Cookie requests, and the check page reports that
> it doesn't have the necessary peermissions - although they are still shown as
> correctly set in Settings/Safari/Extensions.
>
> Turning this off and on again, which sometimes fixes things, did not work.
> I've even uninstalled the app (which also remaoves the extension) with n0
> effect.
>
> I emailed Super Agent for help some days ago - no reply.
>
> Any suggestions? I do most of my browsing in Safari on my iPad, and would
> really like to get it going!
>
> John.

Weird. I left it in place for a coupe of days but turned off. I turned it on
again yesterday, and the check said it was ail OK!
But is it? I'm still getting cookie requests!

I\ll see what happens today…I could always try updating to iPadOS 16, of
course.

Still no reply tp my email to Super Agent asking got help.

John.
--
Classic computing: Computers do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do.
Modern computing: Computers do what they want to do, no matter what you tell them to do.