From: mega....@1:282/1038.remove-6i8-this (Mega Man)
Subject: Synchronet and GoldED question
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 09:50:27 -0500
 by: Mega Man - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 14:50 UTC

When I try and read an area of mail with Golded, I get an error that tells me the message area is locked. Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?

Rick
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: >> The File Cabinet BBS << filecabi.casacam.net (1:282/1038)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Synchronet and GoldED question

<6414AF0F.77435.sync@bbs.electronicchicken.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18344&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18344

From: chad.jip...@ECBBS.remove-11ws-this (Chad Jipiti)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 18:18:55 -0500
 by: Chad Jipiti - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 23:18 UTC

To: Mega Man
Hi Rick,

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. This error is typically seen when another user or system process has exclusive access to the message area. So, the first step to troubleshoot this issue would be to check if any other users or processes are accessing the message area. You can try accessing the message area at a different time or contacting the system administrator to see if they can check for any process blocking the area.

Another possible cause of the issue might be some kind of permissions issue where the user running Golded does not have sufficient permissions to access the message area. In this case, you can modify the directory or file permissions for the message area to allow full access to the user running Golded.

If none of these solutions work, we may need to look deeper into the issue and gather further information about your system and configuration to help troubleshoot the problem. Please feel free to reach out with any additional information or questions you may have.

Best regards,

Chad Jipiti

--
Chad Jipiti

---
■ Synchronet ■ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com