What the gods would destroy they first submit to an IEEE standards committee.

devel / comp.theory / Re: General Undecidable Rule (V3)

SubjectAuthor
* General Undecidable Rule (V3)wij
`* General Undecidable Rule (V3)olcott
 `- General Undecidable Rule (V3)wij

1
General Undecidable Rule (V3)

<8b0758db-3062-4a97-8afe-fe4360f19b6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18289&group=comp.theory#18289

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 11:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: General Undecidable Rule (V3)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 18:08 UTC

Since the conventional HP only mentions a specific halting problem, which is
often believed to be an invalid proof and limited in use.
See https://groups.google.com/g/comp.theory/c/RO9Z9eCabeE/m/Ka8-xS2rdEEJ

I hereby proudly announce the General Undecidable Rule (2021 WIJ):
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| No TM U can decide the property of a TM P if that property can be defied by TM P. |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

//---------------------------
// Example 1: U is a function
//
// [Syn] bool U(void (*f)())
// U decides whether f prints character 'Y' or not.
//
// [Ret] true: f prints 'Y'
// false: f does not print 'Y'
//
void (*Func)();
inline bool U(Func f) {
// Rewrite the supposed function U here.
// The rewrite can be in very different but functionally equivalent ways (isomorphic).
}

void P() { // P always prints a character not predicted by U
if(U(P)) {
printf("b");
} else {
printf("Y");
}
}

//---------------------------
// Example 2: U is an executable
/*
[Syn] U <prog>
U Decides whether the program <prog> will return or not,

[Return Status] non-zero: <prog> will return (Or, TM stops at final accept or reject states)
zero: otherwise (<prog> will not return)
*/

/*
Program: P.c

Build: gcc -o P P.c
*/
#include <stdlib.h>

void P() { // P always behaves not predicted by U
int r=system("U P");

if(r) {
for(;;) {}; // infinite loop
}
};
int main() {
P();
};

==============================
The general construct of P (proof of General Undecidable Rule) is intuitive
and above all, REPRODUCIBLE, VERIFIABLE.

// [Ret] true: f has the (dynamic)property Q
// false: otherwise
//
void (*Func)();
inline bool U(Func f) {
// Rewrite U here.
// The rewrite can be in very different but functionally equivalent ways (isomorphic).
}

void P() {
if(U(P)) {
// do whatever Q defines false
} else {
// do whatever Q defines
} };

+-------------+
| Acknowledge |
+-------------+
I would like to acknowledge Olcott tirelessly refuted various wrong
conventional HP proofs over these years for me. So I need not to do the
same work again, though not necessary.

--
Copyright 2021 WIJ
"If I can see further it is by standing on top of the tower of dwarfs."

Re: General Undecidable Rule (V3)

<lMednfpOMd4cfGz9nZ2dnUU7-SOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18308&group=comp.theory#18308

Subject: Re: General Undecidable Rule (V3)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:44:01 -0500
 by: olcott - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 19:44 UTC

On 7/16/2021 1:08 PM, wij wrote:
> [...]
>
> // [Ret] true: f has the (dynamic)property Q
> // false: otherwise
> //
> void (*Func)();
> inline bool U(Func f) {
> // Rewrite U here.
> // The rewrite can be in very different but functionally equivalent ways (isomorphic).
> }
>
> void P() {
> if(U(P)) {
> // do whatever Q defines false
> } else {
> // do whatever Q defines
> }
> };
>
> +-------------+
> | Acknowledge |
> +-------------+
> I would like to acknowledge Olcott tirelessly refuted various wrong
> conventional HP proofs over these years for me. So I need not to do the

The above statement does not count at all unless you can very accurately
paraphrase the exactly reasoning that proves that I am correct.

> --
> Copyright 2021 WIJ
> "If I can see further it is by standing on top of the tower of dwarfs."

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

Re: General Undecidable Rule (V3)

<9a5f28b7-ee61-464c-bf7f-a1c3cdb2cd2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18376&group=comp.theory#18376

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 03:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:06 UTC

On Saturday, 17 July 2021 at 03:44:08 UTC+8, olcott wrote:
> [...]
> > } else {
> > // do whatever Q defines
> > }
> > };
> >
> > +-------------+
> > | Acknowledge |
> > +-------------+
> > I would like to acknowledge Olcott tirelessly refuted various wrong
> > conventional HP proofs over these years for me. So I need not to do the
> > same work again, though not necessary.
> >
> The above statement does not count at all unless you can very accurately
> paraphrase the exactly reasoning that proves that I am correct.
> > --
> > Copyright 2021 WIJ
> > "If I can see further it is by standing on top of the tower of dwarfs."
> >
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre

I need REPRODUCIBLE, VERIFIABLE proof to do that.

devel / comp.theory / Re: General Undecidable Rule (V3)