Subject: control-archive 1.9.1 released
From: Russ Allbery
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp, news.admin.hierarchies
Followup: news.software.nntp
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:58 UTC
From: eag...@eyrie.org (Russ Allbery)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,news.admin.hierarchies
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:58:31 -0700
View all headers
I'm pleased to announce release 1.9.1 of control-archive.

This software generates an INN control.ctl configuration file from
hierarchy configuration fragments, verifies control messages using GnuPG
where possible, processes new control messages to update a newsgroup list,
archives new control messages, and exports the list of newsgroups in a
format suitable for synchronizing the newsgroup list of a Netnews news
server.  It is the software that maintains the control message and
newsgroup lists available from ftp.isc.org.

Changes from previous release:

    Hierarchy updates:

    * Change the official signing key for the Big Eight hierarchies
    * Use https for the Big Eight web site
    * Remove remnant net.* information and document that it is abandoned

You can download it from:

    https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/contrl-archive/

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)             https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/

          Please post questions rather than mailing me directly.
     https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html explains why.