Xerox does it again and again and again and ...

computers / alt.bbs.synchronet / Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

SubjectAuthor
* Creating echo for FxsNet netmailKhronos
+- Creating echo for FxsNet netmailDigital Man
+- Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailNelgin
`* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailpoindexter FORTRAN
 `* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailKhronos
  +* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailKurt Weiske
  |`* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailNightfox
  | `* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailpoindexter FORTRAN
  |  `* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailNightfox
  |   `* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailpoindexter FORTRAN
  |    +* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailGamgee
  |    |`* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailKurt Weiske
  |    | +* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailDigital Man
  |    | |`* Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailKurt Weiske
  |    | | `- Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailNightfox
  |    | `- Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailGamgee
  |    `- Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailDigital Man
  `- Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmailDigital Man

1
Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6434BA70.44.dove-syncdisc@kf4yey.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18522&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18522

From: khro...@CWSHACK.remove-82h-this (Khronos)
Subject: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 21:40:00 -0400
 by: Khronos - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 01:40 UTC

Hi,
I would like to be able to send users netmail on FxsNet and this is what the NC sent me for instructions.

So for netmail , you will need to set up an separate " echo " called Fax netmail. Set the type to netmail in the echo config. When you send net mail , post a message as you normally do, but for the to line use netmail , and and the from line is your fix password . In the text body do a %help and send . The hub will respond with a condensed help guide for areafix. Make sure you sent the message to
the hub , 21:2/100 , or if sending a private message user the person's node number

How do I create the echo and assign it to FsxNet as a peer?

Thanks,
Tom

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack telnet kf4yey.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6435A35A.49785.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18526&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18526

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-g6x-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:13:46 -0700
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 18:13 UTC

To: Khronos
Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Khronos to All on Mon Apr 10 2023 09:40 pm

> Hi,
> I would like to be able to send users netmail on FxsNet and this is what the
> NC sent me for instructions.
>
> So for netmail , you will need to set up an separate " echo " called Fax
> netmail. Set the type to netmail in the echo config. When you send net mail
> , post a message as you normally do, but for the to line use netmail , and
> and the from line is your fix password . In the text body do a %help and
> send . The hub will respond with a condensed help guide for areafix. Make
> sure you sent the message to
> the hub , 21:2/100 , or if sending a private message user the person's node
> number

Those instructions are for Mystic, not Synchronet.

> How do I create the echo and assign it to FsxNet as a peer?

You don't need an echo for netmail with Synchronet. Simply hit 'M' to respond via mail to an FsxNet posted message or use the built-in (N)etmail menu option (on the email menu) to send a netmail to user@21:*.

No special "setup" is needed. If echomail is working, then netmail should "just work" too.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #16:
Thinking Operation Breath Mint evertime you and me are on a stakeout together.
Norco, CA WX: 64.1°F, 75.0% humidity, 3 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<20230411113952.6ffd264e@wibble.sysadmininc.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18532&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18532

From: nel...@EOTLBBS.remove-ujf-this (Nelgin)
Subject: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:39:52 -0500
 by: Nelgin - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 16:39 UTC

To: Khronos
On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 21:40:00 -0400
"Khronos" (VERT/CWSHACK) <VERT/CWSHACK!Khronos@endofthelinebbs.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to be able to send users netmail on FxsNet and this is
> what the NC sent me for instructions.
>
> So for netmail , you will need to set up an separate " echo " called
> Fax netmail. Set the type to netmail in the echo config. When you
> send net mail , post a message as you normally do, but for the to
> line use netmail , and and the from line is your fix password . In
> the text body do a %help and send . The hub will respond with a
> condensed help guide for areafix. Make sure you sent the message to
> the hub , 21:2/100 , or if sending a private message user the
> person's node number

If you follow the procedure outlined in the wiki for setting up a FTN,
you should be all set. You don't have to setup a separate echo for
netmail.

https://wiki.synchro.net/howto:fidonet
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64359780.66142.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18535&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18535

From: poindext...@REALITY.remove-chd-this (poindexter FORTRAN)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 06:26:00 -0700
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 13:26 UTC

To: Khronos
@MSGID: <64359780.66142.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>
@REPLY: <6434BA70.44.dove-syncdisc@kf4yey.com>
@TZ: c1e0
-=> Khronos wrote to All <=-

Kh> Hi,
Kh> I would like to be able to send users netmail on FxsNet and this is
Kh> what the NC sent me for instructions.

Kh> So for netmail , you will need to set up an separate " echo " called
Kh> Fax netmail. Set the type to netmail in the echo config. When you send
Kh> net mail , post a message as you normally do, but for the to line use
Kh> netmail , and and the from line is your fix password . In the text body
Kh> do a %help and send . The hub will respond with a condensed help guide
Kh> for areafix. Make sure you sent the message to the hub , 21:2/100 , or
Kh> if sending a private message user the person's node number

The part about creating a separate echo sounds like setup for another
BBS package. With Synchronet, I defined my fidonet networks in SCFG, and
when I enter the subject of an email as user@zone:net/node, Synchronet
figures out the correct address to use and sends it off as email. No
need to create separate netmail areas.

The rest of the paragraph sounds like instructions on how to send a
message to the BBS to add/remove message and file echoes.

.... Change ambiguities to specifics
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6436B828.1955.dove-syncdisc@kf4yey.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18536&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18536

From: khro...@CWSHACK.remove-yxu-this (Khronos)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:54:48 -0400
 by: Khronos - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 13:54 UTC

To: poindexter FORTRAN
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Khronos on Tue Apr 11 2023 06:26:00

Hi,
If I send a message with out a netmail address the system doesn't allow this.
What do I put in the to address field? I can't leave it blank.

Thanks,
Tom

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack telnet kf4yey.com port 2330
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6436ECEB.49795.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18538&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18538

From: kurt.wei...@1:218/700.remove-uvl-this (Kurt Weiske)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 10:28:29 -0700
 by: Kurt Weiske - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 17:28 UTC

To: Khronos
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Khronos to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Apr 12 2023 09:54 am

Kh> If I send a message with out a netmail address the system doesn't allow
Kh> this. What do I put in the to address field? I can't leave it blank.

That's odd, if you don't put in an @, Synchronet assumes it's a local address and tries to make a match from the user list.

....Have you ever asked a question you weren't supposed to ask?
--- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6436F306.49796.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18539&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18539

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-2ry-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:05:58 -0700
 by: Digital Man - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 18:05 UTC

To: Khronos
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Khronos to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Apr 12 2023 09:54 am

> Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
> By: poindexter FORTRAN to Khronos on Tue Apr 11 2023 06:26:00
>
> Hi,
> If I send a message with out a netmail address the system doesn't allow
> this.

What is the error/status/log message that tells you this?

username@21:net/node

e.g. digital.man@21:1/183
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #31:
Live for yourself, there's no one else more worth living for
Norco, CA WX: 53.1°F, 98.0% humidity, 1 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6436F724.83932.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18540&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18540

From: night...@DIGDIST.remove-12em-this (Nightfox)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:23:32 -0700
 by: Nightfox - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 18:23 UTC

To: Kurt Weiske
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Kurt Weiske to Khronos on Wed Apr 12 2023 10:28 am

Kh>> If I send a message with out a netmail address the system doesn't
Kh>> allow this. What do I put in the to address field? I can't leave it
Kh>> blank.

KW> That's odd, if you don't put in an @, Synchronet assumes it's a local
KW> address and tries to make a match from the user list.

Doesn't a netmail address always include an @ though? You'd have to specify the destination user with "user@".

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6437398B.66163.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18541&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18541

From: poindext...@REALITY.remove-9d8-this (poindexter FORTRAN)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:06:51 -0700
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 23:06 UTC

To: Nightfox
@MSGID: <6437398B.66163.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>
@REPLY: <6436F724.83932.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>
@TZ: c1e0
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Nightfox to Kurt Weiske on Wed Apr 12 2023 11:23 am

Ni> Doesn't a netmail address always include an @ though? You'd have to specify the destination user with "user@".

Yes, but with my menus, if I enter an email without an asterisk, it goes locally. If it's a properly formed netmail or email address, then the from address changes to either your AKA matching the zone or your default internet email address.
---
■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64375605.83943.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18552&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18552

From: night...@DIGDIST.remove-ej2-this (Nightfox)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 18:08:21 -0700
 by: Nightfox - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 01:08 UTC

To: poindexter FORTRAN
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Nightfox on Wed Apr 12 2023 04:06 pm

Ni>> Doesn't a netmail address always include an @ though? You'd have to
PF> specify the destination user with "user@".

PF> Yes, but with my menus, if I enter an email without an asterisk, it goes
PF> locally. If it's a properly formed netmail or email address, then the from

I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6437B148.66176.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18556&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18556

From: poindext...@REALITY.remove-884-this (poindexter FORTRAN)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:37:44 -0700
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 07:37 UTC

To: Nightfox
@MSGID: <6437B148.66176.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>
@REPLY: <64375605.83943.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>
@TZ: c1e0
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Apr 12 2023 06:08 pm

PF>> Yes, but with my menus, if I enter an email without an asterisk, it
PF>> goes locally. If it's a properly formed netmail or email address,
PF>> then the from

Ni> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?

Ampersand. Ampersand. Gar!

....Have you ever asked a question you weren't supposed to ask?
---
■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6437F64C.47702.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18559&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18559

From: gam...@PALANTIR.remove-h05-this (Gamgee)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 07:18:00 -0500
 by: Gamgee - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 12:18 UTC

To: poindexter FORTRAN
-=> poindexter FORTRAN wrote to Nightfox <=-

pF> Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
pF> By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Apr 12 2023 06:08 pm

PF>> Yes, but with my menus, if I enter an email without an asterisk, it
PF>> goes locally. If it's a properly formed netmail or email address,
PF>> then the from

Ni> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?

pF> Ampersand. Ampersand. Gar!

Haha, you're 0-for-2. Ampersand = &

I think you're looking for the "at" symbol = @

;-)

.... 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64383F21.49819.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18560&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18560

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-vao-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:42:57 -0700
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 17:42 UTC

To: poindexter FORTRAN
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Nightfox on Thu Apr 13 2023 12:37 am

Or at-sign ('@')? Ampersand is '&'.
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #71:
He's not concerned with yesterday, he knows constant change is here today
Norco, CA WX: 53.9°F, 98.0% humidity, 1 mph S wind, 0.02 inches rain/24hrs
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64388E1A.49822.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18563&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18563

From: kurt.wei...@1:218/700.remove-peb-this (Kurt Weiske)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 06:43:00 -0700
 by: Kurt Weiske - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:43 UTC

To: Gamgee
-=> Gamgee wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

Ni> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?

pF> Ampersand. Ampersand. Gar!

Ga> Haha, you're 0-for-2. Ampersand = &

Ga> I think you're looking for the "at" symbol = @

Oh, Jesus. The "Splat" sign. I knew that.

.... Not building a wall but making a brick
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64388F08.49823.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18564&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18564

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-ycc-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 16:23:52 -0700
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 23:23 UTC

To: Kurt Weiske
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Kurt Weiske to Gamgee on Thu Apr 13 2023 06:43 am

> -=> Gamgee wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-
>
> Ni> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?
>
> pF> Ampersand. Ampersand. Gar!
>
> Ga> Haha, you're 0-for-2. Ampersand = &
>
> Ga> I think you're looking for the "at" symbol = @
>
> Oh, Jesus. The "Splat" sign. I knew that.

Uh, you're just messing with us now, right?
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/334947/
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #17:
Your breath could knock the buzzard off a shit wagon. - Hank Schrader
Norco, CA WX: 54.9°F, 78.0% humidity, 0 mph NE wind, 0.02 inches rain/24hrs
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64389C3B.49824.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18565&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18565

From: kurt.wei...@1:218/700.remove-hc5-this (Kurt Weiske)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 17:17:13 -0700
 by: Kurt Weiske - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:17 UTC

To: Digital Man
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Digital Man to Kurt Weiske on Thu Apr 13 2023 04:23 pm

> Ni>> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?
DM> Uh, you're just messing with us now, right?
DM> https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/334947/

Strudel. That's what I meant!

....How does this work, is there an orientation?
--- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<6438D31B.83961.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18567&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18567

From: night...@DIGDIST.remove-d03-this (Nightfox)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 21:14:19 -0700
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:14 UTC

To: Kurt Weiske
Re: Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail
By: Kurt Weiske to Digital Man on Thu Apr 13 2023 05:17 pm

KW> Strudel. That's what I meant!

Hasenpfeffer.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Creating echo for FxsNet netmail

<64394F4A.47715.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=18570&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#18570

From: gam...@PALANTIR.remove-tii-this (Gamgee)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 07:44:00 -0500
 by: Gamgee - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:44 UTC

To: Kurt Weiske
-=> Kurt Weiske wrote to Gamgee <=-

-=> Gamgee wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

Ni> I normally don't see asterisks in email addresses..?

pF> Ampersand. Ampersand. Gar!

Ga> Haha, you're 0-for-2. Ampersand = &

Ga> I think you're looking for the "at" symbol = @

KW> Oh, Jesus. The "Splat" sign. I knew that.

And there's a called third strike on the outside corner!!! Weiske ends
the inning and strands the winning run on third!!! HE'S OUTTA THERE!!

(We've come full-circle... I've only ever heard the asterisk '*'
referred to as a 'splat'...) Hahahaha, my ribs are hurting.

.... She sells unix shells by the sea shore.