From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Ovation documents menu
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:00:57 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:00 UTC

Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
one is.

I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Egotist: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me.

Re: Ovation documents menu

<5b3f54a7d7dave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1920&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1920

From: dav...@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Ovation documents menu
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 07:42:45 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 07:42 UTC

In article <71602a3f5b.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
> seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
> iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
> clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
> particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
> update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
> one is.

> I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
> open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
> Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?

Not sure I know the answer to your question Harriet, but pressing Ctrl
when you click the [X] to close a document will prevent the document being
put in the "View Document list"

Dave

PS: In Win OvPro, there's a menu entry at the bottom of the "Recent
documents" list to Clear the entries.

--

Dave Triffid

Re: Ovation documents menu

<0f54633f5b.chris@mytardis>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1921&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1921

From: new...@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 10:23:01 GMT
 by: Chris Hughes - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 10:23 UTC

In message <71602a3f5b.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

> Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
> seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
> iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
> clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
> particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
> update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
> one is.

> I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
> open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
> Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?

Harriet, You have an Ovation Pro Applet running called !Document when this
is active it adds a menu entry on the OPro icon bar menu, called Documents

If you want rid of this menu option, you have two choices, both involve
going into Ovation Pro application folder, and within Ovation Pro, you
will have an Applets folder and inside that are the Applets you have
installed at some point. To disable the Documents menu, simply double
click on the !Document icon and a - will appear at the end of the file
name, this has now disabled the option. You can enable it again by simply
double clicking it again and the - disappears at the end of the filename.
Or you can simply move the applet outside OPro itself

Note the changes do not take effect until you restart Ovation Pro.

--
Chris Hughes

Re: Ovation documents menu

<081b683f5b.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1922&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1922

From: harr...@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:15:12 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:15 UTC

On 10 Mar 2024 as I do recall,
Chris Hughes wrote:

> In message <71602a3f5b.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>
> Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
> > seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
> > iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
> > clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
> > particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
> > update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
> > one is.
>
> > I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
> > open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
> > Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?
>
> Harriet, You have an Ovation Pro Applet running called !Document when this
> is active it adds a menu entry on the OPro icon bar menu, called Documents

Aha - thank you! That explains why I couldn't find any description of
this feature anywhere in the manual.... (I don't know if my copy of
the application arrived with a selection of applets installed by
default, or if I added this one while I was trying to get a working
Contents feature; I can see that it would have seemed like a good idea
at the time.)

> If you want rid of this menu option, you have two choices, both involve
> going into Ovation Pro application folder, and within Ovation Pro, you
> will have an Applets folder and inside that are the Applets you have
> installed at some point. To disable the Documents menu, simply double
> click on the !Document icon and a - will appear at the end of the file
> name, this has now disabled the option. You can enable it again by simply
> double clicking it again and the - disappears at the end of the filename.

Unfortunately enabling/disabling it turns out not to wipe the invalid
pathnames.

....But hiding inside the applet itself is a data file called 'Documents'
that does. Which also explains why I couldn't find those pathnames
stored anywhere!

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

We prefer to speak evil of ourselves than not speak of ourselves at all.