Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 18:23:32 +0200
From: djgpp-an...@delorie.com (Juan Manuel Guerrero (juan.guerrero@gmx.de) [via djgpp-announce@delorie.com])
To: djgpp-announce@delorie.com
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of Jansson 2.14 uploaded
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
 by: Juan Manuel Guerrero - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:23 UTC

This is a port of Jansson 2.14 to MSDOS/DJGPP.

Jansson is a C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON
data. Its main features and design principles are:

Simple and intuitive API and data model
Comprehensive documentation
No dependencies on other libraries
Full Unicode support (UTF-8)
Extensive test suite

Jansson is licensed under the MIT license; see LICENSE in the source
distribution for details.

This second release replaces the previous one. The files of the first
release have been deleted and will no longer be available. Thus the
name will remain the same. Identify this one by checking its time
stamp. It will use rand() if no noise source is available.

DJGPP specific changes.
=======================

- The library requires an entropy source to seed the hash function.
This can either be a driver or a random data file. On plain DOS
one such driver, NOISE.SYS, can be obtained from:
http://web.archive.org/web/20051124224824/http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/
as:
http://web.archive.org/web/20051124224824/http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/noise063a2.zip
Please read the instructions carefully. This driver works on DOS
and may be on some versions of Windows but it does not work for all
versions of Windows. For XP it does not work and I have found no
replacement. Alternatively a random data file can be used.
It will be found by the library at run-time by evaluating the
RANDFILE environment variable.
If neither a noise driver nor a random data file is found at
run-time then the random data will be created by calling rand()
using rawclock() to generate the required seed for srand().

- There are no user visible changes. Only small changes have been
done to get the library compiled.

- The port has been configured and compiled on WinXP SP3 and Win98SE.
There is no guarantee that this may be possible with any other DOS-
like OS. Due to the use of long file names it will not be possible
to configure and compile without LFN support. The port has been
compiled using gcc346 and bnu2351b.

As usual, all djgpp specific files (diffs, README files, etc.) are
stored in the "djgpp" directory. The sources have been configured to
be build in the "0build" directory. If for some reason it does not
work for you, delete its contents and configure from scratch again.

Please read the docs to become familiar with this product.

Here is an extract of the CHANGES file showing the user visible
changes from the last port (Jansson 2.13.1) to this one:

Version 2.14
============

Released 2021-09-09

* New Features:

- Add `json_object_getn`, `json_object_setn`, `json_object_deln`, and
the corresponding `nocheck` functions. (#520, by Maxim Zhukov)

* Fixes:

- Handle `sprintf` corner cases (#537, by Tobias Stoeckmann)

* Build:

- Symbol versioning for all exported symbols (#540, by Simon McVittie)
- Fix compiler warnings (#555, by Kelvin Lee)

* Documentation:

- Small fixes (#544, #546, by @i-ky)
- Sphinx 3 compatibility (#543, by Pierce Lopez)

The port consists of the usual two packages that have been produced
using djdev205 (CVS repository code) and can be downloaded from
ftp.delorie.com and mirrors as (time stamp 2022-05-17):

Jansson 2.14 headers, library and html format documentation:
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214br2.zip

Jansson 2.14 source:
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214sr2.zip

Send Jansson specific bug reports to
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jansson-users>.
Send suggestions and bug reports concerning the DJGPP port
to comp.os.msdos.djgpp or <djgpp@delorie.com>.

Enjoy.

Guerrero, Juan Manuel <juan.guerrero@igd.fhg.de>

Re: ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of Jansson 2.14 uploaded

<ce2d0a71-95eb-e52d-cd05-63db64981844@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=188&group=comp.os.msdos.djgpp#188

d=gmail.com; s=20210112;
h=message-id:date:mime-version:user-agent:subject:content-language:to
:references:from:in-reply-to:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=V9PvxEYIDkOxsn0lg3C5DIuiz7kmaGSdjhKmLYmB+a0=;
b=K9xB4NCJpX8U5B4rJwpBi97fIpMEbxYkveDFTrBFjJmF0flyIseVhKKPvNfebysufU
s04/PzSMcSdJnN49H+/TnQbMOreNRIEdZhX79pUa3H1hFlxl3K7jqhWU7kHWFq1KgR1b
/hzfa2o/2GkI3l2tC7G+YtSA35I5ch2Tf5akKQkV5WAAbHJOUw3VRKIUjlNl6dlCGSsv
kRpCL4OMKoTjuRWyCXPmlwp8ZKtANOyfrI24eWf4hAPgTEpNg68afqGeCBFaNXvNy2Ep
n+k0pVTXEVY6nXwSkLBCrTRYSkmvB4AsQ3nfwNQ1xNPxmp1de3Mr/kX3eGztTsAaUIpC
0s8w==
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:message-id:date:mime-version:user-agent:subject
:content-language:to:references:from:in-reply-to
:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=V9PvxEYIDkOxsn0lg3C5DIuiz7kmaGSdjhKmLYmB+a0=;
b=iBjSUXB9Sin/kwNMcP0gwxJju3lYLd3IhsmtK7OSwhtQHjwvLD/s7tqboPtwIX062y
SJgv8ekQdpa/LkPbFj3Z76nWYwcG9p5jIRhBDpxfcQ5bV5e9q65pFgQzxUTuCC75KFKj
1CuSHqIalDOwcx7iCBOp0gUCv5OIHjY5YD34uwQwJqZ2DF4AELu63KZA9+lflfyz2l0X
cXhUYaXypck6ifGa0l6oz1mzZjKnoM+HEO7VN6JrZ3OJWcNKPZ1R+AOjXvKLUBzGQ44B
wazF7cs4irEMNomWXKPTbVQvDCfwQ+UrEzStrIygwQCunMOEmFDhVf8nxDcw1hA0ZJV3
Y16w==
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 20:50:53 -0400
To: djgpp@delorie.com
From: djg...@delorie.com (Frank Sapone (emoaddict15@gmail.com) [via djgpp@delorie.com])
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
 by: Frank Sapone (emoadd - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:50 UTC

On 5/18/2022 12:23 PM, Juan Manuel Guerrero (juan.guerrero@gmx.de) [via
djgpp-announce@delorie.com] wrote:
> [...]
>
> * Build:
>
> - Symbol versioning for all exported symbols (#540, by Simon McVittie)
> - Fix compiler warnings (#555, by Kelvin Lee)
>
> * Documentation:
>
> - Small fixes (#544, #546, by @i-ky)
> - Sphinx 3 compatibility (#543, by Pierce Lopez)

> The port consists of the usual two packages that have been produced
> using djdev205 (CVS repository code) and can be downloaded from
> ftp.delorie.com and mirrors as (time stamp 2022-05-17):
>

> Jansson 2.14 headers, library and html format documentation:
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214br2.zip
>
> Jansson 2.14 source:
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214sr2.zip
>

> Send Jansson specific bug reports to
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jansson-users>.
> Send suggestions and bug reports concerning the DJGPP port

Hi Juan,

Thank you for implementing my requests.  I'll give this some
experimentation some time soon.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of Jansson 2.14 uploaded

<0ea48f89-33fb-94d1-fb04-1be0dee76115@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=194&group=comp.os.msdos.djgpp#194

d=gmail.com; s=20210112;
h=message-id:date:mime-version:user-agent:subject:content-language:to
:references:from:in-reply-to:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=Ut+8kXbdQO357hdnU45p1nONxKnzJx8w9SC8BAI92l0=;
b=Qm3cOHT+1zlP585wY2VoTbOkOELqjZfK0qBLC5XZC7V5+Fns8A2Vj0E8LQ6mCh0Ujc
v9kKznRnblZkJ38rZ1sQhNjAlTkZUUer8ArMbUGwsUW140QkXd69Q55GN1Au+jZXJn2c
h2G5NCm/Vl4y65Ta38+k318G/xVgX8cq0/+vQLfIWon1ZmV1fUjUNMkODzrl83/n4/9J
lbhCBodNURToixQqnY80u8FOckK/Bm0mzWwqfdegvFx/h0VsVjUJyaC+hBGPU7tUUu8p
zLEZiy6bU/s7Hk/buW28vct070L6VrViW3jsCJ5Jw5vUUgPwU9sycI1z4rY+UvJFoIEt
tQ3w==
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:message-id:date:mime-version:user-agent:subject
:content-language:to:references:from:in-reply-to
:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=Ut+8kXbdQO357hdnU45p1nONxKnzJx8w9SC8BAI92l0=;
b=LPU22uRuiB1PDCcIEzC9oSCAk6x7LkSBgxKseEK7XjpdEMWE1VEfU5FMsbseFSyW/y
3WvnoHVfGiUJl63idRbDtAViXjDFKHi0HASHLqRz1vFrbbBdwZEtHnMZ1UutGTprINIe
29Bos7WzOywHvcBWx/cwmgWYCo73HulcujYxZnSKsstY8iBs7gmKuf83TjTKrvKVqUVK
d1muu8gd6S+pnq/uULXQBZVaJoo1esJnCo9o3ucY7h+cYWfcMbnEoKXX1R9Gg8+b9i69
X+9x57xCi5Q1M8udaUZkg0BgVzolQNVrM9P8Al7LBv4ldtstaNm6O9QfjtodfTxxsXFU
k59Q==
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 21:12:33 -0400
To: djgpp@delorie.com
From: djg...@delorie.com (Frank Sapone (emoaddict15@gmail.com) [via djgpp@delorie.com])
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
 by: Frank Sapone (emoadd - Sun, 29 May 2022 01:12 UTC

On 5/18/2022 12:23 PM, Juan Manuel Guerrero (juan.guerrero@gmx.de) [via
djgpp-announce@delorie.com] wrote:
> Jansson 2.14 headers, library and html format documentation:
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214br2.zip
>
> Jansson 2.14 source:
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/jsn214sr2.zip
>

> Send Jansson specific bug reports to
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jansson-users>.
> Send suggestions and bug reports concerning the DJGPP port
> to comp.os.msdos.djgpp or <djgpp@delorie.com>.

Hi Juan,

I tried to download this but it looks like the main FTP has a
configuration issue?  I can establish a connection, but dir/get/etc
fail.  I tried on my personal PC and even out on an instance hosted
server.  The commands just end up timing out. Connecting to the server
is OK though.

In either case, jsn214br2.zip is not on the mirrors or the HTTP site.
Do you have it hosted elsewhere for me to try it out?

Thanks,
Frank