From: mar...@theberrymans.com (Mark Berryman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: New PHP kits for VMS
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:07:42 -0700
 by: Mark Berryman - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:07 UTC

The last PHP port I did for Alpha and Itanium was v7.2.29. That version
is now also available for x86, mainly so that folks can test moving code
without worrying about incompatibilities between PHP versions. This
version has no prerequisites and should run on any v9.1-A system.

Also available is v7.4.27 for Alpha, Itanium, and x86. This kit
requires a VSI version of VMS with the C99 patches installed and also
requires OpenSSL V1.1.1 and OpenLDAP, both of which are available at the
VSI Open Source website for all 3 platforms. If anyone wants to run
this version on a system without C99 (more specifically, CRTL version
80500000 or greater), feel free to contact me and I will see what is
involved in getting it to build sans C99.

PHP V8.x is currently in progress.

All kits are available from https://theberrymans.com/php_kits/

Mark Berryman

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<sq3q8f$b0m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19594&group=comp.os.vms#19594

From: jou...@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl (Joukj)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: New PHP kits for VMS
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 07:44:31 +0100
 by: Joukj - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 06:44 UTC

Mark Berryman wrote:
> The last PHP port I did for Alpha and Itanium was v7.2.29. That version
> is now also available for x86, mainly so that folks can test moving code
> without worrying about incompatibilities between PHP versions. This
> version has no prerequisites and should run on any v9.1-A system.
>
> Also available is v7.4.27 for Alpha, Itanium, and x86. This kit
> requires a VSI version of VMS with the C99 patches installed and also
> requires OpenSSL V1.1.1 and OpenLDAP, both of which are available at the
> VSI Open Source website for all 3 platforms. If anyone wants to run
> this version on a system without C99 (more specifically, CRTL version
> 80500000 or greater), feel free to contact me and I will see what is
> involved in getting it to build sans C99.
>
> PHP V8.x is currently in progress.
>
> All kits are available from https://theberrymans.com/php_kits/
>
> Mark Berryman

Thanks Mark

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<sq3qsu$gaa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19596&group=comp.os.vms#19596

From: jou...@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl (Joukj)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 07:55:25 +0100
 by: Joukj - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 06:55 UTC

Mark Berryman wrote:
> The last PHP port I did for Alpha and Itanium was v7.2.29. That version
> is now also available for x86, mainly so that folks can test moving code
> without worrying about incompatibilities between PHP versions. This
> version has no prerequisites and should run on any v9.1-A system.
>
> Also available is v7.4.27 for Alpha, Itanium, and x86. This kit
> requires a VSI version of VMS with the C99 patches installed and also
> requires OpenSSL V1.1.1 and OpenLDAP, both of which are available at the
> VSI Open Source website for all 3 platforms. If anyone wants to run
> this version on a system without C99 (more specifically, CRTL version
> 80500000 or greater), feel free to contact me and I will see what is
> involved in getting it to build sans C99.
>
> PHP V8.x is currently in progress.
>
> All kits are available from https://theberrymans.com/php_kits/
>
> Mark Berryman

Presently the CRTL V8.5 is not available for hobyists on Alpha systems
So A version for Alpha with CRTL V8.4 would be nice.

Jouk

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<sr76dv$vnl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19890&group=comp.os.vms#19890

From: mar...@theberrymans.com (Mark Berryman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 09:46:55 -0700
 by: Mark Berryman - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:46 UTC

On 12/23/21 11:55 PM, Joukj wrote:
> Mark Berryman wrote:
>> The last PHP port I did for Alpha and Itanium was v7.2.29.  That
>> version is now also available for x86, mainly so that folks can test
>> moving code without worrying about incompatibilities between PHP
>> versions.  This version has no prerequisites and should run on any
>> v9.1-A system.
>>
>> Also available is v7.4.27 for Alpha, Itanium, and x86.  This kit
>> requires a VSI version of VMS with the C99 patches installed and also
>> requires OpenSSL V1.1.1 and OpenLDAP, both of which are available at
>> the VSI Open Source website for all 3 platforms.  If anyone wants to
>> run this version on a system without C99 (more specifically, CRTL
>> version 80500000 or greater), feel free to contact me and I will see
>> what is involved in getting it to build sans C99.
>>
>> PHP V8.x is currently in progress.
>>
>> All kits are available from https://theberrymans.com/php_kits/
>>
>> Mark Berryman
>
> Presently the CRTL V8.5 is not available for hobyists on Alpha systems
> So A version for Alpha with CRTL V8.4 would be nice.

An Alpha version compiled against CRTL V8.4 has now been posted. Look
for the noC99 suffix in the filename.

Mark Berryman

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<sr9h20$1lft$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19911&group=comp.os.vms#19911

From: jou...@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl (Joukj)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 15:00:31 +0100
 by: Joukj - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:00 UTC

Mark Berryman wrote:
> On 12/23/21 11:55 PM, Joukj wrote:
[snip]
>> Presently the CRTL V8.5 is not available for hobyists on Alpha systems
>> So A version for Alpha with CRTL V8.4 would be nice.
>
> An Alpha version compiled against CRTL V8.4 has now been posted. Look
> for the noC99 suffix in the filename.
>
> Mark Berryman

Thanks,
I'll have a look.

Jouk

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<55ca4032-44c7-4b89-9e5c-8ef2ff1dfa57n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20232&group=comp.os.vms#20232

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:53:23 -0800 (PST)
From: iai...@issinoho.com (issinoho)
 by: issinoho - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 22:53 UTC

On Friday, 7 January 2022 at 14:00:40 UTC, Joukj wrote:
> Mark Berryman wrote:
> > On 12/23/21 11:55 PM, Joukj wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Presently the CRTL V8.5 is not available for hobyists on Alpha systems
> >> So A version for Alpha with CRTL V8.4 would be nice.
> >
> > An Alpha version compiled against CRTL V8.4 has now been posted. Look
> > for the noC99 suffix in the filename.
> >
> > Mark Berryman
> >
> Thanks,
> I'll have a look.
>
> Jouk

Hi Mark,

Should phpMyAdmin 5.1.1 be compatible with 7.4.27? I'm having all sorts of issues with it and just wanted to check if it was worth trying to troubleshoot?

TIA.

Re: New PHP kits for VMS

<61ec96cc$0$700$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20233&group=comp.os.vms#20233

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:44:00 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
From: arn...@vajhoej.dk (Arne Vajhøj)
 by: Arne Vajhøj - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:44 UTC

On 1/22/2022 5:53 PM, issinoho wrote:
> On Friday, 7 January 2022 at 14:00:40 UTC, Joukj wrote:
>> Mark Berryman wrote:
>>> On 12/23/21 11:55 PM, Joukj wrote:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> An Alpha version compiled against CRTL V8.4 has now been posted. Look
>>> for the noC99 suffix in the filename.

>> Thanks,
>> I'll have a look.

> Should phpMyAdmin 5.1.1 be compatible with 7.4.27? I'm having all sorts of issues with it and just wanted to check if it was worth trying to troubleshoot?

Per PHPMyAdmin download page then:

5.2.x works with 7.2-
5.1.x works with 7.1-
4.9.x works with 5.5-7.4