From: mike.dip...@3:712/1321.5.remove-nm7-this (Mike Dippel)
Subject: RE: ugly site
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:58:10 -0500
 by: Mike Dippel - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 03:58 UTC

To: Alonzo
On 1/25/2024 9:17 PM, Alonzo wrote to All:

-> From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet
->
-> I have to agree about that Synchronet website. It looks like it was designed
-> with a text editor in 1993. Synchronet is a good BBS program and it really
-> deserves a better looking web site.

Every website done today should be mobile friendly. Small text is unacceptable for us old
folks.

Mike Dippel
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: The Hobby Line! Internet hobbylinebbs.com (3:712/1321.5)
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

RE: ugly site

<65B34608.85191.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19563&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#19563

From: night...@DIGDIST.remove-lw8-this (Nightfox)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 21:41:28 -0800
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 05:41 UTC

To: Mike Dippel
Re: RE: ugly site
By: Mike Dippel to Alonzo on Thu Jan 25 2024 10:58 pm

MD> Every website done today should be mobile friendly. Small text is
MD> unacceptable for us old folks.

I think it's interesting that smartphones tend to have such high resolution screens.. The screen resolutions they tend to have can rival some desktop PC monitors. Text has to be fairly large (pixel-wise) to be legible on such screens.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: ugly site

<20240126015902.73197322@wibble.sysadmininc.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19565&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#19565

From: nel...@EOTLBBS.remove-n6i-this (nelgin)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:59:02 -0600
 by: nelgin - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:59 UTC

To: Mike Dippel
On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:58:10 -0500
"Mike Dippel" (VERT) <VERT!Mike.Dippel@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/2024 9:17 PM, Alonzo wrote to All:
>
> -> From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet
> ->
> -> I have to agree about that Synchronet website. It looks like it
> was designed -> with a text editor in 1993. Synchronet is a good BBS
> program and it really -> deserves a better looking web site.
>
> Every website done today should be mobile friendly. Small text is
> unacceptable for us old folks.

You're not going to be running Synchronet on your Android any time
soon, I figure, so I don't see why it would need to be mobile friendly.
It's basic and it's functional and most of the interesting stuff is in
the wiki anyway.

I'm sure with that said, Digital Man would be more than happy if those
complainers would like to redesign it so he can get on with adding new
stuff and fixing Synchronet bugs instead of putzing around with a
website :)
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: ugly site

<65B3BAB9.9842.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=19569&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#19569

From: mro...@BBSESINF.remove-jox-this (MRO)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:59:21 -0600
 by: MRO - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 13:59 UTC

To: nelgin
Re: Re: ugly site
By: nelgin to Mike Dippel on Fri Jan 26 2024 01:59 am

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:58:10 -0500
> "Mike Dippel" (VERT) <VERT!Mike.Dippel@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:
>
> > On 1/25/2024 9:17 PM, Alonzo wrote to All:
>
> > -> From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet
>
> > -> I have to agree about that Synchronet website. It looks like it
> > was designed -> with a text editor in 1993. Synchronet is a good BBS
> > program and it really -> deserves a better looking web site.
>
> > Every website done today should be mobile friendly. Small text is
> > unacceptable for us old folks.
>
> You're not going to be running Synchronet on your Android any time
> soon, I figure, so I don't see why it would need to be mobile friendly.
> It's basic and it's functional and most of the interesting stuff is in
> the wiki anyway.
>
> I'm sure with that said, Digital Man would be more than happy if those
> complainers would like to redesign it so he can get on with adding new
> stuff and fixing Synchronet bugs instead of putzing around with a
> website :)

You have exhibited a total lack of understanding the comment thread
on many levels.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::