From: dildo.pi...@gmail.com (Dill pickles)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.free.nntp
Subject: Aioe.org News Server
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 01:48:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dill pickles - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 01:48 UTC

Aioe.org News Server
User's manual
Service description
Terms of Use
Privacy policy
Abuse report
Service usage limits
Contacts
aioe.* hierarchy
Special headers
FAQs
Documentation
An introduction about free NNTP servers
Peering data
How to setup a feed with aioe.org
aioe.* technical data
Leafnode & aioe.org howto
Access restrictions
Site map
Tools
Cancel a message
Rejected articles
Search for articles
Search for groups
Statistics about groups
Software
Postfilter
Statistics
System activity
Feeds
Antispam report
Real time charts
Users
Server status
Banned IP addresses
Service description
General information
Service
Documentation
Restrictions on use
Privacy
How to connect

1. General Information
Aioe.org hosts a large public news server which doesn�t require
registration or authentication to be used. This service is mostly designed
for sporadic USENET readers which don�t need a premium service and for
those who can�t get a more expensive service to read news. Since this site
doesn�t require any kind of registration, no clients� personal data are
collected or detained by us. All services are provided for free by a group
of volunteers who spend time and money in this project without earning
anything.

2. Service
This site provides a standard USENET server which can be accessed without
authentication from any IP address. Both Transport Layer Security (TLS)
and SSL are fully supported. Due the lack of any authentication mechanism,
the users� ability to post articles is subjected to several limits which
prevent the site from being abused. At the same time, all messages sent
through Aioe.org hide the sender's IP address which is stored only inside
our systems logs. See our terms of use for detailed information.

3. Documentation
A lot of documentation describes how this service works. All the
information needed by clients for the daily use of the service is
available in the user's manual. Technical documentation is contained in
another section of the site. Those who need to contact the administrators
of this service should consult the contact page in order to know how to
get in touch with them.

4. Restrictions on use
Each IP address is authorized to post maximum 40 messages per day and the
posting rights are suspended for the following 24 hours if more than three
messages are rejected in a day.

Each post must be sent to less than three groups (crosspost) and each one
can include at most three followup groups. Maximum allowed size is 32 KB
per article and 2KB per header.

Only four concurrent connections per IP address on nntp.aioe.org and 2
ones on news.aioe.org are allowed and 600 connections per day are accepted
from each IP address before being banned.

All the thresholds in the use of system resources that users must comply
with are shown in the documentation pages.

Aioe.org is a text only USENET site: binary groups are not carried because
they consume too much bandwidth and are often sources of illegal material.
Currently, this server makes available almost all text groups which are
publicy fed through USENET plus some local hierarchies but many of these
groups are empty because nobody uses them and they�re mostly kept for
future references.

5. Privacy
Aioe.org neither collects nor harvests personal data. As required by
german law the system logs are kept for 12 months, then deleted. These
logs report only the sender�s IP address of each locally posted article
and some information about the groups read by each user. Aioe.org strives
to keep these data reserved and to avoid any disclosure of clients�
personal information to third parties. Those who need to know what exactly
is logged by our servers should read the logging policy.

6. How to connect
The main server address is nntp.aioe.org and several ports can be used to
query the server: 119 and 80 without encryption or with TLS, 563, 443 and
22 with the SSL layer. Non-standard ports are useful for those who are
behind a fascist firewall configured to close every port execept the
HHTP/HTTPS/SSH ones. Aioe.org hosts also a secondary NNTP site
news.aioe.org in order to assure the service even if the main host goes
offline. The two servers have identical article numbers and USENET
database content, so if those who need to switch to the backup server and
can use port 119 or 563, merely changing the server name in their
configuration may suffice.

<https://news.aioe.org/manual/quickstart-guide/>

Re: Aioe.org News Server

<m0BJL.665180$t5W7.552105@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2047&group=alt.free.newsservers#2047

Subject: Re: Aioe.org News Server
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.free.nntp
From: Ton...@TheDeliKing.ca (Tony)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:25:06 -0500
 by: Tony - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 03:25 UTC

Dill pickles wrote:
> Aioe.org hosts a large public news server which doesn’t require
> registration or authentication

Aioe.org hosts a large public news server which doesn’t require
registration or authentication and is busted.

Re: Aioe.org News Server

<m8BJL.665672$t5W7.503568@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2049&group=alt.free.newsservers#2049

Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.free.nntp
From: Ton...@TheDeliKing.ca (Tony)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:33:38 -0500
 by: Tony - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 03:33 UTC

Dill pickles wrote:
> [...]
> to keep these data reserved and to avoid any disclosure of clients’
> personal information to third parties. Those who need to know what exactly
> is logged by our servers should read the logging policy.
>

> 6. How to connect
> The main server address is nntp.aioe.org and several ports can be used to
> query the server: 119 and 80 without encryption or with TLS, 563, 443 and
> 22 with the SSL layer. Non-standard ports are useful for those who are
> behind a fascist firewall configured to close every port execept the
> HHTP/HTTPS/SSH ones. Aioe.org hosts also a secondary NNTP site
> news.aioe.org in order to assure the service even if the main host goes
> offline. The two servers have identical article numbers and USENET
> database content, so if those who need to switch to the backup server and
> can use port 119 or 563, merely changing the server name in their

AIOE ruffles my feathers.

Re: Aioe.org News Server

<H3SKL.177504$Sgyc.175753@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2091&group=alt.free.newsservers#2091

Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.free.nntp
From: Ton...@TheDeliKing.ca (Tony)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 18:38:14 -0500
 by: Tony - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 23:38 UTC

Dill pickles wrote:
> [...]
> to keep these data reserved and to avoid any disclosure of clients’
> personal information to third parties. Those who need to know what exactly
> is logged by our servers should read the logging policy.
>

> 6. How to connect
> The main server address is nntp.aioe.org and several ports can be used to
> query the server: 119 and 80 without encryption or with TLS, 563, 443 and
> 22 with the SSL layer. Non-standard ports are useful for those who are
> behind a fascist firewall configured to close every port execept the
> HHTP/HTTPS/SSH ones. Aioe.org hosts also a secondary NNTP site
> news.aioe.org in order to assure the service even if the main host goes
> offline. The two servers have identical article numbers and USENET
> database content, so if those who need to switch to the backup server and
> can use port 119 or 563, merely changing the server name in their

Still busted.