Hackers are just a migratory lifeform with a tropism for computers.

devel / comp.fonts / Re: Sentences with all characters

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Sentences with all charactersChessNut Devon Junior Chess
+* Re: Sentences with all charactersAmmammata
|`* Re: Sentences with all charactersCluon Factory
| `- Re: Sentences with all charactersAmmammata
`- Re: Sentences with all charactersCluon Factory

1
Re: Sentences with all characters

<5777b6ce-5434-4a67-850a-e2eb2cb72cc6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=19&group=comp.fonts#19

Newsgroups: comp.fonts
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 07:32:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sentences with all characters
From: chessnut...@gmail.com (ChessNut Devon Junior Chess)
 by: ChessNut Devon Junio - Tue, 23 May 2023 14:32 UTC

On Saturday, 8 February 1997 at 08:00:00 UTC, Stephen Moye wrote:
> With apologies to David Lemon, from whom many of these are gathered, here
> is a fairly large selection of pangrams:
> July earthquakes confound zany experimental vow.
> Jackdaws love my sphinx of black quartz!

Both lack a 'g'

Re: Sentences with all characters

<u4kibt$dbu4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=20&group=comp.fonts#20

From: ammamm...@tiscali.it (Ammammata)
Newsgroups: comp.fonts
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 10:37:16 +0200
 by: Ammammata - Wed, 24 May 2023 08:37 UTC

on 23/05/2023, ChessNut Devon Junior Chess supposed :
> On Saturday, 8 February 1997 at 08:00:00 UTC, Stephen Moye wrote:
>> With apologies to David Lemon, from whom many of these are gathered, here
>> is a fairly large selection of pangrams: ...
>> July earthquakes confound zany experimental vow.
>> Jackdaws love my sphinx of black quartz!
>
> Both lack a 'g'

the original post is missing, but I'd suggest this:

A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia
https://jeff560.tripod.com/words9.html

PANGRAMS
Pangrams are sentences containing all the letters of the alphabet.
Pangram is in the Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., with the earliest
citation from 1964, although the word pangrammatic goes back to 1933.

Here is a list of pangrams compiled from various sources. The number of
letters used is shown for most of them. The shortest ones are obviously
contrived and use obscure words only found in unabridged dictionaries.
One even uses a Roman numeral. Stuart Kidd assisted with this
compilation.

"Quit beer," vows dizzy, puking, Michael J. Fox (by Idris Mercer)
A large fawn jumped quickly over white zinc boxes.
A mad boxer shot a quick, gloved jab to the jaw of his dizzy
opponent.
A popular belief is that fornication would be a quick fix for some
overzealously judicious governments.
A quart jar of oil mixed with zinc oxide makes a very bright paint.
A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats.
A very bad quack might jinx zippy fowls. 32
About sixty codfish eggs will make a quarter pound of very fizzy
jelly.
Alfredo just must bring very exciting news to the plaza quickly.
All questions asked by five watch experts amazed the judge.
Amazingly few discotheques provide jukeboxes (40)
An inspired calligrapher can create pages of beauty using stick
ink, quill, brush, pick-axe, buzz saw, or even strawberry jam.
Anxious Paul waved back his pa from the zinc quarry just sighted.
As we explored the gulf of Zanzibar, we quickly moved closer to the
jutting rocks.
Astronaut Quincy B. Zack defies gravity with six jet fuel pumps.
Back in June we delivered oxygen equipment of the same size.
Back in my quaint garden, jaunty zinnias vie with flaunting phlox.
Ban foul, toxic smogs which quickly jeopardize lives.
Barkeep! A flaming tequila swizzle and a vodka and Ajax, hold the
cherry.
Baroque? Hell, just mix a dozen wacky pi fonts & you've got it.
Bawds jog, flick quartz, vex nymph. 27 (by Sir Jeremy Morse)
Big July earthquakes confound zany experimental vow.
Blowzy frights vex, and jump quick. (28)
Blowzy night-frumps vex'd Jack Q. 26
Blowzy red vixens fight for a quick jump.
Bold vexing wafts Jims quick zephyrs. (by Jeff Glenn, rearranging a
known pangram for a special purpose)
Boy, Max felt hazy during his quick weaving jumps!
Boys of quartz duck phlegm, vow jinx. (29)
Brawny gods just flocked up to quiz and vex him.
Breezily jingling $3,416,857,209, wise advertiser ambles to the
bank, his exchequer amplified.
Brick quiz whangs jumpy veldt fox.
By Jove, my quick study of lexicography won a prize.
Campus TV quiz: just why is gold buried at Fort Knox? [Games For
Insomniacs (1966) by John G. Fuller]
Cozy lummox gives smart squid who asks for job pen. (41)
Cozy sphinx waves quart jug of bad milk. (32)
Crazy Fredericka bought many very exquisite opal jewels. 48
Crux: Why joking TV blazes FM PDQ? (26) (by Toby Gottfried, 2005)
Cwm kvutza qoph jynx fled brigs. (by Greg and Peter Maggs)
Cwm, fjord-bank glyphs vext quiz 26 (by Dmitri Borgmann)
Dangerously frozen, he quickly judged his extremities to be
waterproof.
Doxy with charming buzz quaffs vodka julep.
Dr. Jekyll vows to finish zapping quixotic bum (by Idris Mercer)
Dub waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex. 28
Dumpy kibitzer jingles as exchequer overflows.
Ebenezer unexpectedly bagged two tranquil aardvarks with his jiffy
vacuum cleaner.
Emily Q. Jung-Schwartzkopf XV, B.D. (26)
Exquisite farm wench gives body jolt to prize stinker.
Exquisite wizard flock behaving jumpy (by Idris Mercer)
Fabled reader with jaded, roving eye seized by quickened impulse to
expand budget.
Fake bugs put in wax jonquils drive him crazy. (by Roger Sperberg)
Few quips galvanized the mock jury box. (32)
Five big quacking zephyrs jolt my wax bed.
Five jumbo oxen graze quietly with packs of dogs.
Five or six big jet planes zoomed quickly by the tower.
Five wine experts jokingly quizzed chablis sample.
Fjord-buck zags whelm qvint pyx. (26) (by Dmitri Borgmann)
Flying back, we had to go over picturesque Juarez, Mexico.
(shortened by Roger Sperberg)
For only $49, jolly housewives made "inexpensive" meals using
quick-frozen vegetables.
Forsaking monastic tradition, twelve jovial friars gave up their
vocation for a questionable existence on the flying trapeze.
Foxy Gen. Schwarzkopf jumbled Iraqi TV. 32 (by Daniel A. Martinez)
Fred specialized in the job of making very quaint wax toys.
Freight to me sixty dozen quart jars and twelve black pans
Frowzy things plumb vex'd Jack Q. (26)
Frozen buyer just quickly keyed shocking weaver’s $34,825,679
complexion.
Frumpy veld wags quiz jack-in-the-box. 30 (by Idris Mercer)
Glum Q. Schwarzkopf jinxed by TV. 26 (by Idris Mercer)
Glum, wavyhaired excon bequeaths fake topaz jewel.
GQ jock wears vinyl tuxedo for showbiz promo. (by Roger Sperberg)
Grumpy wizards make toxic brew for the evil queen and jack.
Guzzling of jaunty exile wrecks havoc at damp banquet.
Gyps balk nth fjord cwm quiz, vex. (see note)
G. W. Bush quickly fixed prize jam on TV. 30 (by Gordon Gerwig)
Hark! Toxic jungle water vipers quietly drop on zebras for meals!
Hick Jed wins quiz for extra blimp voyage.
How jolly vexing a fumble to drop zucchini in the quicksand!
How quickly daft jumping zebras vex. 30
How razorback jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts. 49
How razorback jumping frogs level six piqued gymnasts! 46
How razorback-jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts!
How vexing a fumble to drop a jolly zucchini in the quicksand. (50)
I have quickly spotted the four women dozing in the jury box.
I jump quickly, shaving two dozen fox bare. (34)
I was temporarily forced to zig-zag and quiver furiously around big
junky xylophones. (Chris, age 13)
If Jack quiz bald nymphs grow vext. (28)
In Boston: Jazzy (but malicious) squeak toy explodes, ending the
lives of two children.
J Q Schwartz flung D V Pike my box
J. Q. Vandz struck my big fox whelp. (26) (by Mark Dunn, in his
novel Ella Minnow Pea)
J. Hoefler cabled: "puzzling over waxy kumquats.”
Jack amazed a few girls by dropping the antique onyx vase!
Jack believed we quiz sphinx from Egypt (by Idris Mercer)
Jack Farmer realized that the big yellow quilts were expensive.
Jack-in-the-box quiz fed grumpy wolves. 31 (by Idris Mercer)
Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz. 31 (by Marvin Moore)
Jaded zombies acted quaintly but kept driving their oxen forward.
Jail zesty vixen who grabbed pay from quack.
Jay visited back home and gazed upon a brown fox and quail.
Jeb quickly drove a few extra miles on the glazed pavement.
Jelly-like above the high wire, six quaking pachyderms kept the
climax of the extravaganza in a dazzling state of flux.
Jim just quit and packed extra heavy bags for Liz Owen.
Jimmy and Zack, the police explained, were last seen diving into a
field of buttered quahogs.
Jink cwm, zag veldt, fob qursh pyx. (by Stephen Wagner,
Minneapolis, 1998)
Jocks fix BMW, vend quartz glyph. (26) (Toby Gottfried, 2005)
Jolly few pangrams vanquished by exotic kudzu.
Jolly housewives made inexpensive meals using quick-frozen
vegetables.
Judge Powell quickly gave six embezzlers stiff sentences.
Judges vomit; few quiz pharynx block. (31)
Jumbling vext frowzy hacks PDQ. 26 (by Chris Cole)
Jump by vow of quick, lazy strength in Oxford. 36
Jumpy wizard quit having black foxes. 31 (by Idris Mercer)
Jumpy zebra vows to quit thinking coldly of sex
Junky qoph-flags vext crwd zimb. (26) (by Dmitri Borgmann)
Just be very quick when fixing zip code mail. (by Ross Eckler)
Just keep examining every low bid quoted for zinc etchings.
Just work for improved basic techniques to maximize your typing
skills.
King Alexander was just partly overcome after quizzing Diogenes in
his tub.
Lazy jackal from raiding xebec prowls the quiet cove.
Lazy movers quit hard packing of jewelry boxes.
Many big jackdaws quickly zipped over the fox pen.
Many-wived Jack laughs at probes of sex quiz.
Martin J. Hixeypovzer quickly began his first word.
May Jo equal the fine record by solving six puzzles a week?
Meg Schwarzkopf quit Jynx Blvd. 26 (by Ted Clarke)
Meghan deftly picks valuable jewels: onyx, quartz.
Milk-vat fez bugs qoph-crwd jynx. (26) (by Dmitri Borgmann)
Mix Zapf with Veljovic and get quirky beziers.
Monique, the buxom coed, likes to fight for Pez with the junior
varsity team.
Mr. Jock, TV quiz Ph.D., bags few lynx. (by Clement Wood)
Murky haze enveloped a city as jarring quakes broke forty-six
windows.
My girl wove six dozen plaid jackets before she quit.
My grandfather picks up quartz and valuable onyx jewels.
My help squeezed back in again after six and joined the weavers.
My kind zap Fox TV, squelch GWB Jr.! (26) (by Meyran Kraus, 2005)
Nancy Bizal exchanged vows with Robert J. Kumpf at Quincy Temple.
NBC glad. Why? Fox TV jerks quiz PM. (26) (Scott Gardner, 2005)
New job: fix Mr. Gluck’s hazy TV, PDQ!
No kidding, Lorenzo called off his trip to visit Mexico City just
because they told him the conquistadores were extinct.
Now is the time for all quick brown dogs to jump over the lazy
lynx.
Nth balks gyp, vex cwm fjord quiz. (26)
Nth black fjords vex Qum gyp wiz
Nth quark biz gyps cwm fjeld vox. (26)
Nth zigs block Qum dwarf jive pyx. (27)
Oh, wet Alex, a jar, a fag! Up, disk, curve by! Man Oz, Iraq,
Arizona, my Bev? Ruck’s id-pug, a far Ajax, elate? Who? [palindromic]
On the boardwalk grave playful lizards quickly jump and exercise.
(found by Jeff Glenn, 1978)
Oozy quivering jellyfish expectorated by mad hawk.
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. 32
Pangrams have subjects like "dewy fox quiz.” 35 (by Idris Mercer)
Perhaps President Clinton’s amazing sax skills will be judged quite
favorably.
Phlegms fyrd wuz qvint jackbox. (by Dmitri Borgmann)
Picking just six quinces, new farm hand proves strong but lazy.
Pickled, Gorbachev jumps tawny fax quiz.
Pink foxglove bouquet charms dizzy Jew (by Idris Mercer)
Playing jazz vibe chords quickly excites my wife.
Poxy G-men quiz FDR; LBJ whacks TV! 26 Terry Pollock
Prized waxy jonquils choke big farm vats. 34
Prodigal lesbians from Venezuela know just exactly how to eat
quiche.
Puzzled women bequeath jerks very exotic gifts.
Pyx crwth fjeld, quok, vang, zimbs. (by Rev. S. Ream)
Pyx vang quiz: komb crwth fjelds. (by Robert N. Test)
Qu'est-ce c'est chez le vieux forgeron du coin J'ai pu boire le
meilleur whisky?
Quartz glyph job vex'd cwm finks.
Quartz glyph jocks vend, fix BMW. (26)
Questions of a zealous nature have become by degrees petty waxen
jokes.
Quick fawns jumped over a lazy dog. 32 (by Kenneth Daugherty)
Quick jigs for waltz vex bad nymph. (28)
Quick wafting zephyrs vex bold Jim.
Quick waxy bugs jump the frozen veldt (31)
Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim. 29
Quiet guys broke zip files with my coven’s jade ax.
Quixotic knights' wives are found on jumpy old zebras.
Quixotic Republicans vet first key zero-growth jeremiad.
Quiz explained for TV show by Mick Jagger (by Idris Mercer)
Quizzical twins proved my fix of a hijack bug. (by Roger Sperberg)
Quizzical twins proved my hijack-bug fix. (by Roger Sperberg)
Qursh gowf veldt jynx zimb pack. (by Michael Jones, Chicago, 1984;
see note)
Raving zibet chewed calyx of pipsqueak major.
Sex prof gives back no quiz with mild joy. 33
Six big devils from Japan quickly forgot how to waltz.
Six big juicy steaks sizzled in a pan as five workmen left the
quarry.
Six boys guzzled cheap raw plum vodka quite joyfully.
Six crazy kings vowed to abolish my quite pitiful jousts.
Six javelins thrown by the quick savages whizzed forty paces beyond
the mark.
Six of the women quietly gave back prizes to the judge.
Six plump boys guzzled cheap raw vodka quite joyfully.
Sixty young school chums jeopardized their lives by fighting
zealously in a quaint market warehouse. [Word Ways]
Sixty zippers were quickly picked from the woven jute bag. 48
Sixty-five wildly panting fruitflies gazed hungrily at the juicy
bouncing kumquats.
Sphinx of black quartz: judge my vow. 29
Squdgy fez, blank jimp crwth vox. (by Claude Shannon)
Suez sailor vomits jauntily abaft while waxing parquet decks.
Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives. 36
The black quartz lynx was a jivy imp of God. [Games For Insomniacs
(1966) by John G. Fuller]
The chancellor of the exchequer embezzled junk from gypsies with
vigor. [Games For Insomniacs (1966) by John G. Fuller]
The exodus of jazzy pigeons is craved by squeamish walkers.
The explorer was frozen in his big kayak just after making queer
discoveries.
The five boxing wizards jump quickly. 31
The job of waxing linoleum frequently peeves chintzy kids.
The job requires extra pluck and zeal from every young wage earner.
The jukebox music puzzled a gentle visitor from a quaint valley
town.
The July sun caused a fragment of black pine wax to ooze on the
velvet quilt.
The public was amazed to view the quickness and dexterity of the
juggler. (60)
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. 33
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. 35
The risque gown marked a very brazen exposure of juicy flesh.
The sex life of the woodchuck is a provocative question for most
vertebrate zoology majors.
The sixty-five quickly jumping dogs and foxes were just shot by the
crazy maniac. [Word Ways]
The vixen jumped quickly on her foes barking with zeal.
The xylophone orchestra vowed to imbibe jugs of kumquat fizz.
The zeal of the brave boys quickly won praise from the exact old
judge who wanted to give them an award. [Word Ways]
Their kind aunt was subject to frequent dizzy spells, thus causing
much anxiety and worry.
Thumb frowzly, vexing jacks, PDQ. (by Eric Chaikin, New York, 1998)
Travelling beneath the azure sky in our jolly ox-cart, we often hit
bumps quite hard.
Turgid saxophones blew over Mick’s jazzy quiff.
Two hardy boxing kangaroos jet from Sydney to Zanzibar on
quicksilver pinions.
Two joyful vixens squirt milk upon the caged zebra. [Games For
Insomniacs (1966) by John G. Fuller]
Up at the zoo a roving ox was quickly fed bug jam. [Games For
Insomniacs (1966) by John G. Fuller]
Uphill jogging will tax pounding heart muscle very quickly; better
to be lazy!
Veldt jynx grimps waqf zho buck. 26 (by Michael Jones, Chicago,
1984; see note)
Verbatim reports were quickly given by Jim Fox to his amazed
audience.
Verily the dark ex-Jew quit Zionism, preferring the cabala.
Vexed funky camp juggler quit show biz. 32 (by Idris Mercer)
Vext cwm fly zing jabs Kurd qoph.
Victors flank gyp who mixed job quiz. (30)
Victors flank gypsy who mixed up on job quiz.
Viewing quizzical abstracts mixed up hefty jocks.
Waltz, dumb nymph, for quick jigs vex. 29
Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex bud. 28
Waqf vozhd trecks, jumbling pyx.
Was there a quorum of able whizzkids gravely exciting the jaded
fish at ATypI?
Watch all five questions asked by experts amaze the judge.
Wavy Jake’s fat zebra had Mexican pig liquor.
We could jeopardize six of the gunboats by two quick moves.
We crazed folk quit having sex, be jumpy. 32 (by Idris Mercer)
We dislike to exchange job lots of sizes varying from a quarter up.
We have just quoted on nine dozen boxes of gray lamp wicks.
We promptly judged antique ivory buckles for the next prize. 50
We quickly chased the zebras to a quiet drinking

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Sentences with all characters

<25f24561-3fef-5398-5453-8ea0ce5df6ef.this.is@not.from.googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=21&group=comp.fonts#21

From: cluon.fa...@not.gmail.com (Cluon Factory)
Newsgroups: comp.fonts
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:07:24 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Cluon Factory - Wed, 24 May 2023 09:07 UTC

On Tuesday, 23 May 2023 at 07:32:24 -0700 (PDT), a Google Grouper
necroposted:

> On Saturday, 8 February 1997 at 08:00:00 UTC, Stephen Moye wrote:

Google Grouper, your reply is quarter of a century too late.

[snipped necropost]

REF: <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost>

Re: Sentences with all characters

<c0c490e3-6156-3dcc-af09-3b1de97bd0c1.this.is@not.from.googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22&group=comp.fonts#22

From: cluon.fa...@not.gmail.com (Cluon Factory)
Newsgroups: comp.fonts
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:20:24 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Cluon Factory - Wed, 24 May 2023 09:20 UTC

On Weddensday, 24 May 2023 at 10:37:16 +0200, Ammammata wrote:
> on 23/05/2023, ChessNut Devon Junior Chess supposed :
>> On Saturday, 8 February 1997 at 08:00:00 UTC, Stephen Moye wrote:

[snipped necropost]

> the original post is missing

....because it was posted quarter of a century ago.

Recommendation: don't necropost.

REF: <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost>

Re: Sentences with all characters

<u4klrq$duq2$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23&group=comp.fonts#23

From: ammamm...@tiscali.it (Ammammata)
Newsgroups: comp.fonts
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 11:36:57 +0200
 by: Ammammata - Wed, 24 May 2023 09:36 UTC

Cluon Factory wrote:
> ...because it was posted quarter of a century ago.

I knew it was /quite/ old, but the link brings to an interesting page
on word oddities

> Recommendation: don't necropost.

;o)

--