From: paulie...@BEERS20.remove-68h-this (paulie420)
Subject: Re: MQTT
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:42:00 +0000
 by: paulie420 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:42 UTC

To: apam
ap> HelloI'm kind of a little bit excited about the MQTT support in
ap> synchronet 3.20.When I was working on Magicka, I added MQTT support to
ap> the BBS and wrote a QT application to monitor the nodes on my desktop
ap> (another computer from the bbs).I was thinking about making a similar
ap> program for synchronet, but am wondering if anyone else is working on
ap> this sort of thing, or if something similar already exists?I know the
ap> MQTT stuff in synchronet is a lot more detailed than what I did in
ap> magicka, but to start with I was thinking of just having a list of nodes
ap> with the status in them, and going from there.Andrew

Interesting - I've been playing with Mosquitto broker and MQTT this past week. (esp8266 remote control project) It works really nicely and is reliable... so you're using it to notify you or update some page for what nodes are active???

Just wondering what uses MQTT on a BBS might be.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: MQTT

<6616062D.51578.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20020&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#20020

From: apa...@vert.synchro.net.remove-ng3-this (Apam)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:23:25 -0700
 by: Apam - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 03:23 UTC

To: paulie420
Re: Re: MQTT
By: paulie420 to apam on Tue Apr 09 2024 06:42 pm

pa> week. (esp8266 remote control project) It works really nicely and is
pa> reliable... so you're using it to notify you or update some page for what
pa> nodes are active???

Sort of, I'm using it to show me what nodes are active in a gui application, but you could easily do it on a web page too. (Essentially what the gui application that comes with does, except this one doesn't have to run on the same machine)

pa> Just wondering what uses MQTT on a BBS might be.

Well you could get an arduino and hook up an lcd and have a little monitor or something :)

Synchronet doesn't just publish messages though it recevives them too, so you can potentially remote control your SBBS via MQTT messages.

There is a web page with all the features so far..

http://wiki.synchro.net/ref:mqtt

You can even nodespy with it.. it's really cool.

Andrew