I surely do hope that's a syntax error. -- Larry Wall in <199710011752.KAA21624@wall.org>

computers / comp.os.vms / Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

SubjectAuthor
* Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGParwez Wahid
+* Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGHans Bachner
|`* Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGPhillip Helbig (undress to reply
| `* Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGBill Gunshannon
|  `- Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGParwez Wahid
`- Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORGDave Froble

1
Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<610ee64c-c65a-4e46-8708-79abd33e8c0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20217&group=comp.os.vms#20217

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 13:32:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG
From: wparwe...@gmail.com (Parwez Wahid)
 by: Parwez Wahid - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:32 UTC

I used to have a hobbyist account on the VMS server FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG but it is no longer accessible.

I would connect to this from an old PowerTerm application I have.

Does anyone know the status of this VMS server?

Alternatively is there anyplace I could a VMS hobbyist account?

I also had an account on gein.vistech.net but that one shutdown about 8 years ago.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<j50r76Fj9g7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20221&group=comp.os.vms#20221

From: han...@bachner.priv.at (Hans Bachner)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 23:42:47 +0100
 by: Hans Bachner - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:42 UTC

Parwez Wahid schrieb am 21.01.2022 um 22:32:
> I used to have a hobbyist account on the VMS server FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG but it is no longer accessible.
>
> I would connect to this from an old PowerTerm application I have.
>
> Does anyone know the status of this VMS server?
>
> [snip]

No,I don't know the status of FAFNER, except that fafner.dyndns.org
seems to be no longer registered.

But have a look at www.vaxman.de - there's information on how to contact
Bernd Ulmann, the owner of FAFNER.

Much of that site hasn't been updated for quite some time, but I'm sure
he reads mail sent to the address given there. Otherwise, you can find
him on Linkedin and Xing.

Hope this helps,
Hans.

Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<ssfhn3$h2c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20222&group=comp.os.vms#20222

From: dav...@tsoft-inc.com (Dave Froble)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:04:59 -0500
 by: Dave Froble - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 00:04 UTC

On 1/21/2022 4:32 PM, Parwez Wahid wrote:
> I used to have a hobbyist account on the VMS server FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG but it is no longer accessible.
>
> I would connect to this from an old PowerTerm application I have.
>
> Does anyone know the status of this VMS server?
>
> Alternatively is there anyplace I could a VMS hobbyist account?
>
> I also had an account on gein.vistech.net but that one shutdown about 8 years ago.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

Perhaps take a look at:

https://vmssoftware.com/about/news/2015-01-19-decus-server-live-at-vsi/

--
David Froble Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: davef@tsoft-inc.com

Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<ssgedf$1u3b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20225&group=comp.os.vms#20225

From: hel...@asclothestro.multivax.de (Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:14:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Phillip Helbig (undr - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:14 UTC

In article <j50r76Fj9g7U1@mid.individual.net>, Hans Bachner
<hans@bachner.priv.at> writes:

> No,I don't know the status of FAFNER, except that fafner.dyndns.org
> seems to be no longer registered.
>
> But have a look at www.vaxman.de - there's information on how to contact
> Bernd Ulmann, the owner of FAFNER.
>
> Much of that site hasn't been updated for quite some time, but I'm sure
> he reads mail sent to the address given there. Otherwise, you can find
> him on Linkedin and Xing.

We've never met personally, but I think that Bernd (the other VAXman) is
still around. He lives not far from me. Last I heard, he was working
on an analog computer on a chip.

Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<j52i4mFt5jeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20227&group=comp.os.vms#20227

From: bill.gun...@gmail.com (Bill Gunshannon)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:20:05 -0500
 by: Bill Gunshannon - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:20 UTC

On 1/22/22 3:14 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <j50r76Fj9g7U1@mid.individual.net>, Hans Bachner
> <hans@bachner.priv.at> writes:
>
>> No,I don't know the status of FAFNER, except that fafner.dyndns.org
>> seems to be no longer registered.
>>
>> But have a look at www.vaxman.de - there's information on how to contact
>> Bernd Ulmann, the owner of FAFNER.
>>
>> Much of that site hasn't been updated for quite some time, but I'm sure
>> he reads mail sent to the address given there. Otherwise, you can find
>> him on Linkedin and Xing.
>
> We've never met personally, but I think that Bernd (the other VAXman) is
> still around. He lives not far from me. Last I heard, he was working
> on an analog computer on a chip.

Bernard is active on LinkedIn and I see his Analog Computer
posts all the time. I haven't worked with an analog computer
in probably 60 years but I still have mine and once loaned it
to the University for a static display. Been thinking of re-
wiring it as the insulation on all the wires has turned to
gunk. :-)

bill

Re: Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

<b7c0b4ff-fad3-409c-a148-1716dfd26955n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20236&group=comp.os.vms#20236

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:17:36 -0800 (PST)
From: wparwe...@gmail.com (Parwez Wahid)
 by: Parwez Wahid - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:17 UTC

On Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 9:20:10 AM UTC-5, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> On 1/22/22 3:14 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> > In article <j50r76...@mid.individual.net>, Hans Bachner
> > <ha...@bachner.priv.at> writes:
> >
> >> No,I don't know the status of FAFNER, except that fafner.dyndns.org
> >> seems to be no longer registered.
> >>
> >> But have a look at www.vaxman.de - there's information on how to contact
> >> Bernd Ulmann, the owner of FAFNER.
> >>
> >> Much of that site hasn't been updated for quite some time, but I'm sure
> >> he reads mail sent to the address given there. Otherwise, you can find
> >> him on Linkedin and Xing.
> >
> > We've never met personally, but I think that Bernd (the other VAXman) is
> > still around. He lives not far from me. Last I heard, he was working
> > on an analog computer on a chip.
> >
> Bernard is active on LinkedIn and I see his Analog Computer
> posts all the time. I haven't worked with an analog computer
> in probably 60 years but I still have mine and once loaned it
> to the University for a static display. Been thinking of re-
> wiring it as the insulation on all the wires has turned to
> gunk. :-)
>
> bill

FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG has been moved to: technocratia.net

I got a reply from Bernard Ulmann advising of this change.

-Parwez