From: thh...@thh.name (Thomas Hochstein)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Subject: Re: State of the cz, demon, ffm, han, medlux, relcom, z-netz hierarchies
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:58:32 +0100
 by: Thomas Hochstein - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 09:58 UTC

/me wrote:

> Julien ÉLIE wrote:
>> Also, is ffm.* (Frankfurt/M) still active and managed?
>> The arcornews.de web site no longer exists.
>
> The groups look mostly empty to me. I'll contact the last known maintainer
> and report back.

The maintainer doesn't do Usenet any more and has not been contacted by
anyone for years, so the hierarchy is no longer managed (and hasn't been
for quite some time [1]). To quote: "It's just wasting away."

Postings in my cycbuff for ffm.* and other local/regional hierarchies will
currently be retained for about two and a half years; according to
cnfsstat, the oldest article is from 09/2020.

In this time, I have
- ffm.admin: (empty)
- ffm.ausgehen: (empty)
- ffm.fundgrube: (empty)
- ffm.internet: (empty)
- ffm.jobs: (empty)
- ffm.kontakte: 1 article (from 2021-01-30)
- ffm.misc: (empty)
- ffm.talk: (empty)
- ffm.test: 7 articles (6 seem automated)
- ffm.weltuntergang: (empty)

In summary, ffm.* seems as dead as any still propagated hierarchy can be.

-thh

[1] According to the Google Groups archive, the last automated
informational post about ffm.* was seen in ffm.admin in 2005.