From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Results of a test of mixmin posts, comparing the past few years with today's results
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:40:19 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:40 UTC

(this is the duplicate sent via mixmin moments later)

1. I've been using Mixmin via telnet scripts for many years.
2. These telnet scripts were written by Marek Novotny years ago.
3. They make use of Stunnel for Mixmin encryption on port 563.
4. In seconds they would show up as posted (as witnessed using a
<http://groups.google.com/g/[insert-ng-here]> URI to check)

Obviously, recently, the posts were severely delayed, where the delay
was roughly about 8 hours based on the timestamps sent versus received.

But some took longer, so it's not all messages getting the same delay.
More to the point of the question, _look_ at the path below.

Huh?
Do you see "aioe" in that path?
How did it get there?

From: Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: T-Mobile is Ending $5 Per Line Autopay Discount if You Pay with a Credit Card <was: 16.4 Public Beta is Out. Finally enables 5G On Google Fi>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 13:30:29 +0000

I can tell you that showed up in my morning feed but it was _not_ in my
morning feed until this morning. The time stamps don't show that though,
where I sent it on Sunday at 6am local time.

I don't know how to tell when it arrived to the newsgroup, but if we
assume it arrived at 6am today (Wednesday), it took 3 elapsed days.

Two questions for those who know more about this than I do and who
are purposefully helpful people, are the following data driven queries:

A. How can I tell when this arrived in any given news feed?
B. What is aioe doing in that PATH if the server is supposedly down?

Thank you in advance, where I will not reply to the inevitable child-like

NOTE: As an experiment, I will send the _exact_ message, moments after
I send this message, using "news.mixmin.net:563" via my telnet scripts.

(this is the duplicate sent via mixmin moments later)

Re: Results of a test of mixmin posts, comparing the past few years with today's results

<tu32sh$3aers$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2141&group=alt.free.newsservers#2141

From: cbr...@helms.de (crazy blackjack)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 21:51:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: crazy blackjack - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 21:51 UTC

On 22 Feb 2023, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> posted some

> (this is the duplicate sent via mixmin moments later)
>
> 1. I've been using Mixmin via telnet scripts for many years.
> 2. These telnet scripts were written by Marek Novotny years ago.
> 3. They make use of Stunnel for Mixmin encryption on port 563.
> 4. In seconds they would show up as posted (as witnessed using a
> <http://groups.google.com/g/[insert-ng-here]> URI to check)
>
> Obviously, recently, the posts were severely delayed, where the delay
> was roughly about 8 hours based on the timestamps sent versus
> received.
>
> But some took longer, so it's not all messages getting the same delay.
> More to the point of the question, _look_ at the path below.
>
> Huh?
> Do you see "aioe" in that path?
> How did it get there?

> I can tell you that showed up in my morning feed but it was _not_ in
> my morning feed until this morning. The time stamps don't show that
> though, where I sent it on Sunday at 6am local time.
>
> I don't know how to tell when it arrived to the newsgroup, but if we
> assume it arrived at 6am today (Wednesday), it took 3 elapsed days.
>
> Two questions for those who know more about this than I do and who
> are purposefully helpful people, are the following data driven
> queries:
>
> A. How can I tell when this arrived in any given news feed?
> B. What is aioe doing in that PATH if the server is supposedly down?
>
> Thank you in advance, where I will not reply to the inevitable
> child-like responses from the kindergarten mentality idiots who infest
> this newsgroup.
>
> NOTE: As an experiment, I will send the _exact_ message, moments after
> I send this message, using "news.mixmin.net:563" via my telnet
> scripts.
>
> (this is the duplicate sent via mixmin moments later)

Vous �tes un fou du TOC et les gens aiment jouer avec vous.

Sujet : Re: Suprisingly a Peering request
De : mnalis-news (at) *nospam* voyager.hr (Matija Nalis)
Groupes : news.admin.peering
Date : 06. Jan 2022, 17:01:44
Autres ent�tes
On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 21:17:31 -0600, R. Holme <holmer@url.invalid> wrote:
$> openssl s_client -ign_eof -connect news.cyber23.de:563

Port 119 is MITM spook and blackhat territory. This is why I ask about a
secure connection being available.

Posting _anything_ to port 119 that is not cryptographically signed can
allow the blackhats and spooks to interject, change en route your data.

Why do you think there is any difference in security between
"TLS connect to port 563 directly" compared to "plaintext connect to
port 119, issue 'STARTTLS' command, and refuse to proceed unless server
offers TLS" ?

(assuming your client has an option "force use of STARTTLS", of course -
if it does not, that seems like a client bug, if it's interested in
offering transport security).